• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
That was really a bad time to fall, good footwork that really put him off balance.

Whilst Tapaui's footwork was good, that was poor footwork from Mitchell - he had his feet too far apart to start with and planted them in a wide stance. He made that mistake before Tapaui stepped.

Even if he didn't slip he was going to be beaten because he couldn't change direction with such a wide stance and the weight on his heels.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kronic 4 weeks till they are back in town is too long though.

Woodward has tweeted he is right now and hopes to play the next game, God knows we need his kicking game.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Know one or two that might be heading over. Looking at Brisbane possibly. Don't know why. We'll fail to play the 80 minutes once again and I'll send more money down the toilet.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
This better not happen, players I would like to see the Rebels get resigned sooner than later would have to be: Pyle, Jones, JOC (James O'Connor), Beale, Inman, Roberts, Weeks, Vuna

Pretty sure we only signed Neville and Stirzaker on professional contracts last season, if not add them to the list. I can't see Kingi hanging around to play 3rd string half back much longer though

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Will be interesting to see how the Rebels manage things here on out. Do the start investing more heavily in Stirzaker, or do they keep rolling like they have. Giving him 10-20 minutes once every couple of games.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Will be interesting to see how the Rebels manage things here on out. Do the start investing more heavily in Stirzaker, or do they keep rolling like they have. Giving him 10-20 minutes once every couple of games.

That's a very relevant question. I suspect that Hill will do whatever is more likely to win games this year as that is (and should be) his primary focus. If he believes that is by playing Phipps, then he'll play Phipps. But I think that he'll likely start giving Stirzacker more and more gametime to bring him along. Whether that results in Stirzacker wrenching the number 1 spot is then up to him.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's a very relevant question. I suspect that Hill will do whatever is more likely to win games this year as that is (and should be) his primary focus. If he believes that is by playing Phipps, then he'll play Phipps. But I think that he'll likely start giving Stirzacker more and more gametime to bring him along. Whether that results in Stirzacker wrenching the number 1 spot is then up to him.
Agree, we are only at round 4, Hill needs to get some more wins on the board and has made the task harder by loosing two Derby's at home. Hopefully can get a win in SA but I ain't getting my hopes up, the Cheetahs will have done a lot of travel and we are coming off a rest so if we can't get the points I will be annoyed.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
A bit early (maybe), wave goodbye to Hill and look at Scott Johnson?

Plenty of articles speculating whether he actually wants the Scotland gig full-time or wants to return home?

Status
Not open for further replies.