• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Apparently we can expect Woodward and Vuna to return after the bye and Beale is likely. How do we propose to fit those three into the backline?

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
9 Phipps
10 Beale
11 Vuna
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 Inman
14 Woodward
15 Roberts

Would look rather good together IMO (obviously I would prefer Stirz but Hilly seems to like Phipps)

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I'd probably swap Beale and Roberts, but that would be the best backline the Rebels have ever put out by a huge distance. Coaches seem to love Phipps so I'm not getting my hopes up.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
what i'd like to see is this
9 stirzaker
10 roberts
11 vuna
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 inman
14 woodward
15 beale

what i expect to see
9 phipps
10 beale (if fit, otherwise JOC (James O'Connor) again)
11 vuna
12 mitchell
13 inman
14 woodward
15 JOC (James O'Connor) (roberts if beale unavailable)

would be tough ask for roberts to play 5/8 on debut in south africa against the sharks

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
9 stirzaker
10 roberts
11 vuna
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 inman
14 woodward
15 beale

what i expect to see
9 phipps
11 vuna
12 mitchell
13 inman
14 woodward

would be tough ask for roberts to play 5/8 on debut in south africa against the sharks
Think Woodward will start off the bench, great prospect but still yet to play at this level so will not be a starter.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
9 stirzaker
10 roberts
11 vuna
12 JOC (James O'Connor)
13 inman
14 woodward
15 beale

what i expect to see
9 phipps
11 vuna
12 mitchell
13 inman
14 woodward

I would really like to see this backline. While I think JOC (James O'Connor) should play in the back 3 for the Wallabies the addition of Roberts makes me think he would be best suited at 12 for the Rebels. He has a good passing game, good boot and likes to run. Add the fact that he doesn't shirk his responsibility in defence and JOC (James O'Connor) at 12 is growing on me.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
We noticeably dropped off when Sidey came on to 12.

I think this bloke is a big blind winger who can play centre in a pinch but certainly not a starter or an impact sub in the centres.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
according the herald sun (melb) this morning, none of the three are likely till the cheetahs game and beale probably not till force the following week

so against the sharks i expect

9 phipps
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 kingi
12 mitchell
13 inman
14 sidey
15 roberts

rokobaro (just too small and not fast enough to compensate)
stirzaker
english

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
according the herald sun (melb) this morning, none of the three are likely till the cheetahs game and beale probably not till force the following week

so against the sharks i expect

9 phipps
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 kingi
12 mitchell
13 inman
14 sidey
15 roberts

rokobaro (just too small and not fast enough to compensate)
stirzaker
english

Given the injuries I'd be good to see:

9. Phipps
10. Roberts
11. Rokabaro
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Inman
14. Mitchell
15. Kingi

But I doubt we would.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Anyone think Jordy Reid is going to get a starting gig sooner rather than later? Has really put himself around the park in the few minutes he's got.

Given Hill seems pretty reluctant to make changes, I think we'll see exactly the same team for the Sharks and then it might get mixed up a little against the Cheetahs.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Anyone think Jordy Reid is going to get a starting gig sooner rather than later? Has really put himself around the park in the few minutes he's got.

Given Hill seems pretty reluctant to make changes, I think we'll see exactly the same team for the Sharks and then it might get mixed up a little against the Cheetahs.
Agree that Reid should maybe get 20 to 30 min in the next game rather than the 5 min he has been getting. Think Neville is not doing a lot at the moment. Reid's problem is Delve is to still come back and Hill won't drop his captain.

199madmave

Ward Prentice (10)
Agree that Reid should maybe get 20 to 30 min in the next game rather than the 5 min he has been getting. Think Neville is not doing a lot at the moment. Reid's problem is Delve is to still come back and Hill won't drop his captain.
As far as I understand, an EPS player cannot be chosen ahead of a full contract player. Fugistaller looked to be injured during the Reds game..Reid might get more time at no. 7 in SA

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
As far as I understand, an EPS player cannot be chosen ahead of a full contract player. Fugistaller looked to be injured during the Reds game..Reid might get more time at no. 7 in SA
Someone correct me if I am wrong but Neville was on a EPS contract last season and Adam Brynes had to resort to playing club rugby for Powerhouse as he could no longer get his spot in the line up back.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scott Fardy played ahead of Ben Hand for the Brumbies last year, same story for Jesse Mogg over Robbie Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.