• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
  • I do think we could afford to lose one of the 3 upcoming locks and I think Neville is the weakest. Not that I'd willingly lose him but I still hope King will be the player I thought he could be. 3 ambitious players doesn't go into 2.

Im not sure how long Delve will last?
I like Jones at 6 will it be long before he passes Higgers?
Will Higgers play more at 8 down the track?
Neville made the team of the week, week after week at the end of last year, and Pyle is playing good rugby now.
I say keep all 3, as 2 of the 3 also make a handy 6.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Henderson, Robinson, King and Delve (the three latter, due to foreign spots drying up) will all be gone EOY.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Delve is definitely gone.
who is king? has he ever dressed for us?
pyle would be a massive loss. delve is definitely gone, but higgers slots in nicely and jones to 6 is a great move. delve and neville remaining are key as we have zero lock depth after that.
Should JOC (James O'Connor) keep getting responsibility i think he will stay. Beale is a question mark to me. i personlly dont think he will go to the Tahs, the Brumbies wouldnt want him i would think. so his options are the force or the reds. would he go to the force?? doubtful. i think the reds will chase him hard as they need a 15. harris is not a long term back line solution. i personally think his days in the XV are numbered (his boot might save him). i suspect Morahan will move as well.
next year will see some churn.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Delve is definitely gone.
who is king? has he ever dressed for us?
pyle would be a massive loss. delve is definitely gone, but higgers slots in nicely and jones to 6 is a great move. delve and neville remaining are key as we have zero lock depth after that.
Should JOC (James O'Connor) keep getting responsibility i think he will stay. Beale is a question mark to me. i personlly dont think he will go to the Tahs, the Brumbies wouldnt want him i would think. so his options are the force or the reds. would he go to the force?? doubtful. i think the reds will chase him hard as they need a 15. harris is not a long term back line solution. i personally think his days in the XV are numbered (his boot might save him). i suspect Morahan will move as well.
next year will see some churn.

The Reds wouldn't go after Beale. They might make JOC (James O'Connor) a modest offer, but I highly doubt they would go after a marquee player not from Queensland when they have so many good young blokes coming though.

It is Waratahs or league for Kurtley.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Reds wouldn't go after Beale. They might make JOC (James O'Connor) a modest offer, but I highly doubt they would go after a marquee player not from Queensland when they have so many good young blokes coming though.

It is Waratahs or league for Kurtley.

If Melbourne don't retain Beale he's more than welcome to come home and ply his wares in the Varsity Blue of the Tahs. With the new style Chieka is installing I think a player like Beale would thrive.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i reckon that is a ridiculous call that the reds would not sign beale cause he's not from queensland.
they need a full back. harris is on the way out and morahan has had some injuries, and is rumored to be looking elsewhere.
i don't think league is a real option for beale. i think it is a page out of QC (Quade Cooper)'s book.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
i reckon that is a ridiculous call that the reds would not sign beale cause he's not from queensland.
they need a full back. harris is on the way out and morahan has had some injuries, and is rumored to be looking elsewhere.
i don't think league is a real option for beale. i think it is a page out of QC (Quade Cooper)'s book.

I couldn't tell you the last time the reds signed a current wallaby from another franchise. Even in the bad old days they hardly if ever did it.

Harris is not on the way out just yet. Toua is an exciting prospect at 15. We won't lose both lance and Morahan and both can play fullback. And there is also a kid called Jonah Placid who is the next big thing at 15.

They don't need to waste money on beale when they can promote from within.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Combination of being stupidly tired and rather bitter about last night's result.

Mind you, post-match shenanigans in George St did help ease the pain. Apparently I'm an English lad, whatever works.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Combination of being stupidly tired and rather bitter about last night's result.

Mind you, post-match shenanigans in George St did help ease the pain. Apparently I'm an English lad, whatever works.
Your a bit tired, but think we should hassle the club to resign him now.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Without wanting to come across all Growden, I'm getting pretty solid mail that the Rebels are in big financial trouble and will be needing an ARU bailout before to long. Apparently things will come to a head around June.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Without wanting to come across all Growden, I'm getting pretty solid mail that the Rebels are in big financial trouble and will be needing an ARU bailout before to long. Apparently things will come to a head around June.
Think they will be bailed out, dropped from the competition, or will the owners need to insert capital?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

There's a few guys over at that other forum with the same mail......

Rebels are apparently faaaaaaaarked.........

Status
Not open for further replies.