• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
People already forgetting we have signed a very promising Hooker for next season. The only Fainga'a I would want to see down here is Colby, Anthony is way to prone to injury.

If you look at the players who went off the field against the Brumbies, Beale, O'Connor, Delve, Higgers and Phipps. Not really going to hold onto a game with that type of Leadership missing.

Brumbies where a lot fitter and more physical and ran away with the game in the second half.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Brumbies being fitter is a serious problem though.

We've had the same pre-season time, why are they fitter?
They pretty much started there pre-season after the Blues game and did not have to many players missing with the Wallabies who could not start training till a month before the season. With both Higgers and JOC (James O'Connor) only coming good from injury the Rebels have always been on the back foot. Kurtley really needed a longer break and think that is showing at the moment.

In fairness to JOC (James O'Connor) is wanted to come back on, and glad to see doctors looking after players with concession this weekend.

Caputo

Ted Thorn (20)
People already forgetting we have signed a very promising Hooker for next season. The only Fainga'a I would want to see down here is Colby, Anthony is way to prone to injury.

Who is this Hooker you seek? I must be under a rock.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Some Irish U20s player who happened to be born in Melbourne. I think it's overzealous to suggest he'll get near the 22.

Leafa will be much closer by then.
He has played 6 games for Leinster this season, and considering Strauss is number one Hooker it's not to bad. He is leaving Leinster to become a first team player. He is now 23/24 and not going to need time to develop.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He has played 6 games for Leinster this season, and considering Strauss is number one Hooker it's not to bad. He is leaving Leinster to become a first team player. He is now 23/24 and not going to need time to develop.

That's how European rugby works, everybody gets a run. Not to mention in Ireland you have to rest Irish squad players in season just because it's their policy and there's 2 Irish squad hookers at Leinster.

At best the jury is still out.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's how European rugby works, everybody gets a run. Not to mention in Ireland you have to rest Irish squad players in season just because it's their policy and there's 2 Irish squad hookers at Leinster.

At best the jury is still out.
Leinster has not had to rest hookers as they have not been starting for Ireland, yes european play more games so they have deeper squads but he is still getting a game at one of the top Heineken Cup teams over the past few years. Sexton will be well ahead of Leafa.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Leinster has not had to rest hookers as they have not been starting for Ireland, yes european play more games so they have deeper squads but he is still getting a game at one of the top Heineken Cup teams over the past few years. Sexton will be well ahead of Leafa.

That's not true, Strauss got games in the Spring test window which was still part of this European season whereas Cronin got games off the bench in the Spring tour and is currently getting games off the bench in the 6Ns. They'd of had plenty of IRU sanctioned rest.

The bloke is a 23 year old hooker who's been an Leinster for 4 years and gotten 8 caps. Cronin who has come through a similar development pathway had received many more caps at a similar age.

I'm saying the bloke's a no-hoper but I think you're letting your love of the Irish blind you if you think he's ready to set the world alight from day 1.

Compare him to Pat Leafa who impressed enough to be upgraded from an EPS contract in his first season, is getting rave reviews, and it will be in his 2nd season with the club.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Apologies if this has been raised before but I've just seen the missed tackle stats for the comp so far. Four teams have played two games the rest one game so the numbers are distorted but... four of the top five for missed tackles are Rebel players. Beale, Kingi, Inman and Sidey are in the top five along with Charles from the Force. Those players cover 10, 11, 12 and 13. Clearly the backline leaks like a sieve. Of the other teams who have played twice, there are no Brumbies in the top 20, but a fair few from the Reds and Force.

Has Muggleton given up? He must be tearing his hair out.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Apologies if this has been raised before but I've just seen the missed tackle stats for the comp so far. Four teams have played two games the rest one game so the numbers are distorted but. four of the top five for missed tackles are Rebel players. Beale, Kingi, Inman and Sidey are in the top five along with Charles from the Force. Those players cover 10, 11, 12 and 13. Clearly the backline leaks like a sieve. Of the other teams who have played twice, there are no Brumbies in the top 20, but a fair few from the Reds and Force.

Missed tackles are not the world's best statistic.

It doesn't take into account tackles made V missed (a better statistic) or the kind of defensive pattern you're using.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's not true, Strauss got games in the Spring test window which was still part of this European season whereas Cronin got games off the bench in the Spring tour and is currently getting games off the bench in the 6Ns. They'd of had plenty of IRU sanctioned rest.

The bloke is a 23 year old hooker who's been an Leinster for 4 years and gotten 8 caps. Cronin who has come through a similar development pathway had received many more caps at a similar age.

I'm saying the bloke's a no-hoper but I think you're letting your love of the Irish blind you if you think he's ready to set the world alight from day 1.

Compare him to Pat Leafa who impressed enough to be upgraded from an EPS contract in his first season, is getting rave reviews, and it will be in his 2nd season with the club.

I am Munster born and breed, I have as much love for Leinster as the tahs which is sweet f*ck all and never support them. But a guy who is playing with a professional side in Europe even if his games are in the Rabo direct league is well ahead of someone who is currently playing with the Rebel rising due to the amount of competitive rugby available.

Comparing him to Sean Cronin is a bit crazy, Cronin played for 65 Professional games before he even moved to Leinster and required no development, he had league and european games under his belt and was already internationally capped.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Apologies if this has been raised before but I've just seen the missed tackle stats for the comp so far. Four teams have played two games the rest one game so the numbers are distorted but. four of the top five for missed tackles are Rebel players. Beale, Kingi, Inman and Sidey are in the top five along with Charles from the Force. Those players cover 10, 11, 12 and 13. Clearly the backline leaks like a sieve. Of the other teams who have played twice, there are no Brumbies in the top 20, but a fair few from the Reds and Force.

Don't forget the missed tackle count is not going to be accurate when 4 Australian teams have played two games and you are comparing it with 10 sides that have only played once.

Status
Not open for further replies.