• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I mean Round 1 2012, we had the bye and the two games with Australian teams where horrible. Brumbie's struggled against Force and Reds beat Tahs. I remember watching Round 1 last season and thinking all teams where still asleep.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I mean Round 1 2012, we had the bye and the two games with Australian teams where horrible. Brumbie's struggled against Force and Reds beat Tahs. I remember watching Round 1 last season and thinking all teams where still asleep.

For some reason, most Aussie derbies follow the same script.

Rebels and Force produced an entertaining match and to my way of thinking, the Rebels continued their positive attitude that they displayed for most if not all of last year. They were definitely the most watchable of the Aussie teams all 2012.

Hope the Rebels can keep it up - usually in rugby if you play the right way, do the little things well, have a good team spirit you'll win more games than you lose.

Finally, I consider whi is the Vice-Captain of a sporting team just about the biggest non-event in sport. I can understand players from time to time being disappointed at not being captain, but vice-captain?? Time to grow up I think.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I think it would have been smarter for the rebels to sign the Fainga'a's (Saia, Ant and Colby) instead of Higginbotham and Fuglistaller. Firstly because they would have added some much needed depth to the squad and secondly because they are 3 of the best defensive players in australia, which has been the rebels traditional weakness.

I fear that Pyle, Neville and Jones competing for two spots might lead one of them to head elsewhere at years end, even with delve heading back to europe.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I fear that Pyle, Neville and Jones competing for two spots might lead one of them to head elsewhere at years end, even with delve heading back to europe.

I can't really see why. They all know that there's an extra place for a tall forward opening up next year. Jones and Neville have both played a bit of 6 and both Jones and Higginbotham can play 8.

Furthermore, I'd imagine that both Neville and Pyle would have some degree of loyalty to the club for taking a punt on them when others wouldn't. They all appear to have developed their games substantially at Melbourne, so who knows - they may actually like it here.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I can't really see why. They all know that there's an extra place for a tall forward opening up next year. Jones and Neville have both played a bit of 6 and both Jones and Higginbotham can play 8.

Furthermore, I'd imagine that both Neville and Pyle would have some degree of loyalty to the club for taking a punt on them when others wouldn't. They all appear to have developed their games substantially at Melbourne, so who knows - they may actually like it here.
Thats what you would like to think when it comes to players but dont count on it.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

There are still question marks over both jones and higgers ability to play 8. You need an all round skill set like delve and whilst both are good players I fear neither has the all round skill set to make it at 8.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
There are still question marks over both jones and higgers ability to play 8. You need an all round skill set like delve and whilst both are good players I fear neither has the all round skill set to make it at 8.

What would you say comprises that all around skill set?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I'd have Jones at 6, Haven't seen Higgers deliver consistent football for a while. His infringements frustrated me on the weekend.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
To me, Higgo is a great number 6 and a good number 8. I love his aggression, but he just needs to tone it down a fraction. Even giving away the odd penalty is ok, but not silly penalties - such as when the referee calls no 6 out on 3 occasions and he keeps going and gives away 3 points. No 8 requires a bit more composure and the abiltity to make decisions at the back of scrums etc. A bit more composure and less mindless aggression would probablallow him to develop his skills. Not talking about losing the aggression - just the silly stuff.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Though the trial games are over and we're in no situation to try it, but I think Kingi could be a great 10.

Reasoning:
He's been a 9, so he has playmaking experience.
He is a better runner in space rather than in traffic (as displayed by his play on the wing and at fb).
He has a nice long passing game.
He played 10 at school and 12 in colts. May have played 10 for Qld U19 in 2007 too. After his time in the Aust 7's team he was seen as a 9. Plays 15 for Sunnybank when he comes back to club rugby.
I think he could cover 10 and could potentially be a good Super player there.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He played 10 at school and 12 in colts. May have played 10 for Qld U19 in 2007 too. After his time in the Aust 7's team he was seen as a 9. Plays 15 for Sunnybank when he comes back to club rugby.
I think he could cover 10 and could potentially be a good Super player there.

Sounds like he's a utility in everybody's eyes and it's not Hilly's fault after all.

He was a very good 9 for Aus U20s.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Chiefs Line-up this week:
1. Pauliasi Manu
2. Hika Elliot
3. Ben Afeaki
4. Craig Clarke (c)
5. Brodie Retallick
6. Liam Messam
7. Sam Cane
8. Fritz Lee
9. Tawera Kerr-Barlow
10. Aaron Cruden
11. Asaeli Tikoirotuma
12. Bundee Aki
13. Tim Nanai-Williams
14. Patrick Osborne
15. Gareth Anscombe

16. Rhys Marshall
17. Ben Tameifuna
18. Michael Fitzgerald
19. Tanerau Latimer
20. Augustine Pulu
21. Charlie Ngatai
22. Lelia Masaga
Awkward.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I know this is early in the season, but the media seem to want to discuss it. Players coming out of contract for us, end of season:
- Kurtley Beale
- James O'Connor
- Cadeyrn Neville
- Hugh Pyle
- Nick Phipps

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I know this is early in the season, but the media seem to want to discuss it. Players coming out of contract for us, end of season:
- Kurtley Beale
- James O'Connor
- Cadeyrn Neville
- Hugh Pyle
- Nick Phipps
And talk of Symonds moving to Melbourne

Two years out from the next RWC I expect a bit of movement between the Franchisees

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.