• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If those 4 stay fit and are continually selected, they will dominate this stat.I was a little surprised about the centres,most of their errors are misreads that would not be counted in these stats.So in fact these stats flatter them.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
If those 4 stay fit and are continually selected, they will dominate this stat.I was a little surprised about the centres,most of their errors are misreads that would not be counted in these stats.So in fact these stats flatter them.
I can't see Kingi playing much on the wing once the few injuries are back. Have not been impressed with Sidey and can't see him retaining his position long. Beale is not match fit so his stats will/should improve.

Inman I thought had played well, just looked at the stats and he has made 21 tackles in 2 games. This seems a fairly high amount for a back in two games.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I think the answer to the Rebels fitness and missed tackles question is largely down to one fact - the Brumbies made the Rebels tackle, tackle, and tackle some more. Almost 160 tackles made, with the Brumbies at barely over half that. And the Brumbies had a similar missed tackle ratio. Add in Mogg and To'omua's highly effective boot in the second half while JOC (James O'Connor) came off and Beale was smashed. I was impressed at how long they held up frankly.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Whoever said it earlier is on the money. Saia and Ant will be off contract and wanting to stay TOGETHER. The lure to those two, and Colby, would be immense, regarding joining the Rebels. Closer to home, and their mongrel in defence, and the clinical attitude they bring to a team is exactly what the Rebels need.

Rebels can score, they just cant stop them.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
More importantly, how did the local products go?

I'd love to see Peter Samu called back to Victoria for an EPS contract in 2014.

I agree re: Roberts and Leafa and I thought Jordy Reid showed some promise too. Of the Vics Bill Valetini came off the bench and played on the wing, he scored a nice try. In the first two matches I thought Kemu Valetini and Pat Toeta were the Vics that showed the most promise. Unfortunately Maradona Farao went off with a shoulder injury.

For the Aust Barbarians winger Dylan Taikato-Simpson from Brothers in Qld scored a ripping solo try. Anyone know whether he has any links to the Reds or other Super Rugby side? While he is quite light he is lightning quick.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Check out the Tackles Made though.

Fuglistaller leading for us, followed by the usual characters, Jones and Pyle. Inman is also 15th in the comp. Clearly he is attempting to make a fair few tackles.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I personally think that, just two games into the season, we shouldn't be writing people off, planning to replace them next season or casting judgement on missing tackles. Just my opinion

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I personally think that, just two games into the season, we shouldn't be writing people off, planning to replace them next season or casting judgement on missing tackles. Just my opinion
At the start of 2012, Hugh Pyle was very quiet and Cadyrn Neville was unheard of. Now they are both looked at as future wallabies. Give them seasons to prove their worth.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I agree re: Roberts and Leafa and I thought Jordy Reid showed some promise too. Of the Vics Bill Valetini came off the bench and played on the wing, he scored a nice try. In the first two matches I thought Kemu Valetini and Pat Toeta were the Vics that showed the most promise. Unfortunately Maradona Farao went off with a shoulder injury.

For the Aust Barbarians winger Dylan Taikato-Simpson from Brothers in Qld scored a ripping solo try. Anyone know whether he has any links to the Reds or other Super Rugby side? While he is quite light he is lightning quick.

Taikato-Simpson has played some QLD city-country games and the reds have had a look at him, but I think the consensus is that he's a bit to weak in defence. There is another Winger from brother called Felsman who would have been in the reds eps except he missed all 2012 with injury. He would be a good EPS signing for the Rebels or Force next year, except they will probably get another 26 year old kiwi journeyman instead.

D

daz

Whoever said it earlier is on the money. Saia and Ant will be off contract and wanting to stay TOGETHER. The lure to those two, and Colby, would be immense, regarding joining the Rebels. Closer to home, and their mongrel in defence, and the clinical attitude they bring to a team is exactly what the Rebels need.

Rebels can score, they just cant stop them.

I worry a bit about S. Finger in scrums and the breakdown; he is a penalty magnet.

Still, at least he can throw straight.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I worry a bit about S. Finger in scrums and the breakdown; he is a penalty magnet.

Still, at least he can throw straight.
I worry about Ant actually playing, he spends more time injured than on the field these days

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
I worry about Ant actually playing, he spends more time injured than on the field these days

Eh? He's missed a couple of games this year, and a few last year, and played about 3 consecutive full seasons before that with barely a hint of injury. Cooper has missed more games than Ant, why not worry about him?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Eh? He's missed a couple of games this year, and a few last year, and played about 3 consecutive full seasons before that with barely a hint of injury. Cooper has missed more games than Ant, why not worry about him?
If they where talking about him moving to the Rebels I would be.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Can we please recruit Sam Christie from the Force?

Let's look at the facts:
  • He's come out of nowhere to be a very decent player who takes the ball to the line and creates space for those outside him, as good as out current 10/15s are they don't do that in the least.
  • He'll be a 2nd year player with plenty of starting experience.
  • Rumour has it Beale or O'Connor will leave. Even ignoring Growden's rumour-mongering they will go to the highest bidder and I'm not sure we will retain both.
  • The Force have signed big names Eberson and SNK for a while and are developing local prospect Goodwin, they can't hold onto all of them.
While we're at it can we sign Shane Christie too? No relation I think but the blokes fantastic and regardless of how much Fugistaller has exceeded my expectations Shane is a better.

I would suggest he is living up to the hype. He is good in the loose, good in the tight and his lineout work is ok. Doesn't help that our hooker doesn't have the best throw in the world though.
I agree, I was merely responding to a previous comment when a poster said he had no fanfare.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
- I'd say either Beale or O'Connor will leave, not both.
- Our priorities should be: Jones, Pyle and Neville
- After that, a half-back, if Phipps desides to leave (Burgess waiting in the wings)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
- I'd say either Beale or O'Connor will leave, not both.
- Our priorities should be: Jones, Pyle and Neville
- After that, a half-back, if Phipps desides to leave (Burgess waiting in the wings)

• I did say "Beale or O'Connor". I think if one goes there will be innumeral resources to throw at the other.
  • I do think we could afford to lose one of the 3 upcoming locks and I think Neville is the weakest. Not that I'd willingly lose him but I still hope King will be the player I thought he could be. 3 ambitious players doesn't go into 2.
  • IF Phipps goes, I think both Prior and Frisby are excellent players and either would make a fist of starting for the Rebels, surely one of the two would be available. Failing that Burgess is the obvious choice but a back line with Beale and him at 10 won't see a 2nd receiver and wider getting much time and space at all. How does Phibbs go nowadays in the English Premiership?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
  • IF Phipps goes, I think both Prior and Frisby are excellent players and either would make a fist of starting for the Rebels, surely one of the two would be available. Failing that Burgess is the obvious choice but a back line with Beale and him at 10 won't see a 2nd receiver and wider getting much time and space at all. How does Phibbs go nowadays in the English Premiership?

Not great.

Burgess would be the perfect player for stirzacker to learn from. He is also an excellent defender which is the rebels biggest weakness after the front row.

The Rebels need a flyhalf. I like the look of Sam Lane, but they have already passed on him once. There is a young argentinian named Muedera who would be a good signing if he got over his injuries.

To cover delve I think they should go after a bloke called Caleb Timu. He is about 19 or 20 and in the broncos senior squad. Played Australian Schoolboys a couple of years ago, and went to nudgee. Very fast feet for a big man. He could be a very, very good player.

I think Lance would be a good signing to replace sidey. Again he is a strong defender and good ball runner.

If you injected the 3 Faingaas, Burgess and Lance into the rebels team it would go a long way towards solving their defensive problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.