• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Tyrell is an interesting one. I would've classified him as a journeyman based on his appearances for the Force. He is comfortably behind Whitaker and Charles in my book. I haven't seen him in Cardiff, but I would be surprised if he's much better. edit: especially considering that I heard that his neck injury was severe enough to make him retire before he went overseas.

Good for WA getting some of their local product playing SupeRugby though. Hopefully we see more of them in the future.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
@stathipaxinos: Bad luck for Rebels' Jarrod Saffy. Neck problems not resolved and will need another scan in 3 months to determine future.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
What should our backline look like in 2013?

9: Phipps/Stirzaker 10: Beale 11: Vuna 12: Mitchell 13: Inman 14: JOC (James O'Connor)/Kingi 15: Kingi/JOC (James O'Connor)

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
beale should definitely be at fullback and 12 is james o'connors position. If i where the rebels i would hold on ti hilgendorf i thought he did some good things from ten this season and with the right support in th ebacjline around him he will do well.

Stirzaker is an excellent prospect definitely impressed me last night

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
Any word to confirm Vuna next year? there was talk of an announcement after the Reds game but i heard nothing.
i was under the impression after last year he wanted out but after Wallaby selection and a decent year at the Rebels I have become accustomed to him and his playing style.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
We need a 7. Currently associated with the Tahs you have Jenkins, McCutcheon, Alcock, and Hooper. Hooper is contracted, not sure about the rest.

To me, getting any of the remaining 3 is the most important thing for the Rebels in 2013.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
See the aru page or the championship backline discussion. Didn't have the link.
Agree re anyone but Horne.
Inman would be the 13 to Barnes 12 IMO. not a McCabe partner. But then neither is Horne.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Since we've discussed the back-line, what should the all important back-row be?

6. Jones, 7. Higgers 8. Delve

I can't see Higgers fitting in anywhere else. I hope we don't push out Jones, we'd be stupid to.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Higgers is a far better player at this stage than Jones and Delve.

Rebels need to sign or develop a fetcher if they want to win the comp any time soon.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, we'll just bench one of our bright young stars, who manages to get through a heap load of work, make fair few tackles (lead the comp almost) and our more than likely new captain, who is pretty much the heart and soul of the team. It's not NSW.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i see hilgendorf has left. I like the guy (save for his terrrrrrible kicking decisions in attack) and wonder where this leaves our backline in the absence of new recruits
Phipps, Ranger, Kingi, Bieber, Beale, Inman, Mitchell, Lojo, Vuna.....i'm sure i am missing someone. nevetheless, we probably need more centres and another wing/fullback.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Ranger???

If we wish to replace those that have left, here are the numbers per position:

Locks: 1
Flankers: 2 (excludes Saffy)
Hookers: 2
Outside backs: 1
Inside backs: 2

This factors in Higginbotham,Tyrrell, Rokobaro & Thomson.

Have received word that Jones prefers the backrow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.