• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How are the Rebels off for Props in 2013 to be able to seriously compete with the strong Super teams?
It seems to me that they've gone about recruitment arse about with JOC (James O'Connor), Beale and Higginbotham as targets.
These guys can play, and are good for marketing BUT it all starts up front.
The Rebel's prospects will END up front if they don't address this asap, and with some depth too.
If I've missed some signings here, I apologise.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
How are the Rebels off for Props in 2013 to be able to seriously compete with the strong Super teams?
It seems to me that they've gone about recruitment arse about with JOC (James O'Connor), Beale and Higginbotham as targets.
These guys can play, and are good for marketing BUT it all starts up front.
The Rebel's prospects will END up front if they don't address this asap, and with some depth too.
If I've missed some signings here, I apologise.

Oh please. The Rebels have hardly been ignoring the front row to focus on other things. In fact, they have recruited the single best prospect front rower (Alo-Emile) that has come through Junior ranks recently. Unfortunately, Australian Rugby is not a production line for top rate front rowers so its not like you can just wander down to the local park and find a couple of blokes who are international level props.

I am sure that the Rebels are working very hard to find the right guys to play in the Front Row and its not like the guys they have convinced to transfer have prohibited them from getting front rowers. The previously linked article re: Hanson is indicative that they are actively trying to recruit them currently.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
It was good to see Alo-Emile out on the park Sunday morning, albeit as a hooker for uncontested scrums.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Oh please. The Rebels have hardly been ignoring the front row to focus on other things. In fact, they have recruited the single best prospect front rower (Alo-Emile) that has come through Junior ranks recently. Unfortunately, Australian Rugby is not a production line for top rate front rowers so its not like you can just wander down to the local park and find a couple of blokes who are international level props.

I am sure that the Rebels are working very hard to find the right guys to play in the Front Row and its not like the guys they have convinced to transfer have prohibited them from getting front rowers. The previously linked article re: Hanson is indicative that they are actively trying to recruit them currently.
Let's not confuse effort with results here.
Maybe that's why they should use an import spot for a serious front rower.
Are you trying to convince yourself that your 2013 front row, as things stand today, will be good enough?

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Henderson Ged and Weeks is fairly strong as I see it.
Jono Owen showed great form this weekend and Alo-Emile is nothing to sneeze at.
Blake dropping weight like Kirstie Alley in 2004 is no problem either.
Could use a younger hooker though.

Chamberlain not resigned it would seem (might already have been mentioned) sad for the big fella.
With saffy injured too we are suddenly almost low on back rowers.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know cruze ahnau has been playing for the rebel rising this year another very good young prop

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Let's not confuse effort with results here.
Maybe that's why they should use an import spot for a serious front rower.
Are you trying to convince yourself that your 2013 front row, as things stand today, will be good enough?

When you find the magic front-rower tree, be sure to let the Rebels know.

Getting a serious international front-rower is unlikely also. In Europe (especially France), they are often the top paid blokes on a team.

What I am saying is, ironically, it is what it is. There is no magic wand that can be waved to fix a front row in Australia. You can only slowly develop your players, which I noted that the Rebels are doing. Rather than complaining that the Rebels are chasing the wrong players, all we can do in this situation is be patient.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
The proof is in the pudding with Neville, Jones & Pyle. At the beginning of 2011, most people didn't have a clue about these 3. You expect the latter two will be vice-captain & captain not far from now also.

It fills you with an immense sense of pride watching these 3 guys develop and grow at our club. I'm sure they won't be the only ones.

Best thing we've done moving forward is release the older members. It creates opportunity and pressure for positions.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
It seems like we can afford him. It would be wonderful to have him. But I suspect it's wishful thinking.

And you have to feel a little bit of sympathy for the Force (not too much, Melbourne should have been the 4th team). Without Pocock or Sharpe, what do they have? Journeymen one and all.
His correct Wilful. Force had 30k or so in their 1st season at Subiaco.

Since moving to NIB that's significantly declined. We currently get more.

Don't know about media coverage hard to tell. It was all Eagles/Dockers when I was over there (in May), partly due to the Derby though.

You know what it's like here. We have 4 "Rugby" journos though.

I saw this and thought i would look at that.

The Force in their second year averaged 27,352 per game (I could only get 5/7 games attendance)

This year the Force are averaging 13,255 (from 8 games) per week not bad considering all the crap that has happened this year.

The Rebels in there second year are averaging 13,913 per game (from 8 games).

Nothing in it really this year biggest difference being that the Rebels held a Crusaders Game which they had 18,423 in attendance the Force last year had 22,000.
This would suggest that the ARU made the right call in giving the Force the license in 2006.

If things turn around in the next few years for the force people will come back so don’t be surprised if the attendance increases. I say that with a big HOPE that things will get better for the club.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The proof is in the pudding with Neville, Jones & Pyle. At the beginning of 2011, most people didn't have a clue about these 3. You expect the latter two will be vice-captain & captain not far from now also.

It fills you with an immense sense of pride watching these 3 guys develop and grow at our club. I'm sure they won't be the only ones.

Best thing we've done moving forward is release the older members. It creates opportunity and pressure for positions.

The Northern Beaches pride - well bread.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Another rumour out of NZ.

Michael Luck from the NZ Warriors. His a "back rower", therefore winger. 30 years old though, couldn't find a history of even touching a gilbert.

More rubbish IMO.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
13 Ryan Tyrell Played for the Force 2011 got injured- on the way to the Rebels in 2013
06/06/2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHAT???!!?!?! Can you cite a source? I mean, he's been better since he moved to Cardiff but I wouldn't say he's been great.

I know of local players that we could easily build into Ryan Tyrell quality players through the EPS program and I would be pretty unhappy if took him instead of picking locally. It's one thing if we got Charles, Fitzpatrick, or Whittaker but this is silly.

Back yourself and your development systems Rebels.

Final scan to determine Saffy's future, and ours: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/r...on-saffys-return/story-fn8ouw0e-1226424946015

"Confirmation" of Alex Rokobaro and Ryan Tyrrell from Cardiff. Tyrell (hooker) is a WA product from Rockingham.
Told you so.

Status
Not open for further replies.