• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

Beale should be sacked. Same as Henjak. His behavior is a blight on the game.

I feel sorry for the Rebel army. You don't deserve this.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Dear Dumbledore,
As a valued Member of our Club, we would like to update you with the following announcement:
Following a series of meetings with officials from the Melbourne Rebels, the Australian Rugby Union, the Rugby Union Players Association and Kurtley Beale's management, Kurtley has agreed to indefinitely stand down from playing, seeking external counselling assistance effective immediately.

Rebels Chief Executive Officer, Steven Boland, spoke shortly after.

"We have been working in conjunction with the ARU and RUPA over the past 48 hours to arrive at this position," said Boland

"We sincerely hope that Kurtley will now embrace the assistance required to beat the issues that have been plaguing his life over the last period of time.

"We will fully support Kurtley through this process and hope that there is a time not far down the track when he can rejoin his teammates at the Rebels.

"I would like to express my great personal gratitude to all Members of our Club, and to our magnificent stakeholder base that have been so supportive throughout this week.

"We all hope that our players can repay that support on Saturday evening against a very in form Cheetahs team."

The Rebels will face the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein this Sunday morning at 2.05am AEST.
This will be broken to the media shortly.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
We are dealing with a significant social welfare issue that has nothing to do with this young mans Rugby career here. If he does not take accountability now for addressing his demons I hold real fears for his future.
BUT the important step is he takes accountability. Still to be convinced he understands this.

doleq

Allen Oxlade (6)
I do not buy it. In yesterday's statement Vuna commented on his behaviour and his intent to remedy and atone. Nothing from Beale. This is a reaction prompted by a public incident, nothing more. Whilst trying not pass judgement, there has been no indication of remorse on Beale's part nor any acceptance of the punishment. With Barba the club took action before anything kicked off. The same can't be said here. Beale not only has problems with alcohol, he has problems with anger. The public know about two strikes, but how many have their been? The Rebels cannot afford to have a soft stance on alcohol related violence. An unspecified suspension is hollow. Why not impose a minimum six week suspension to be reviewed subject to counselling? The game down here needs to be child friendly and promote the values listed in the REBEL charter. To me attracting kids and their parents to the game is paramount. The club will struggle to do this when the only time we get column inches is when there is a drunken tosspot punching his team mate after a night spent drinking instead of recovering from surgery. No player is bigger than the club and this is a major cause of embarrassment to the club and the sport in this state.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
. the force had ARU support, the rebels did not. all this says to me is that JON's strategy of private ownership is a failure.

Do you mean financial support? I thought that the Rebels negotiated to get them same $4.2 million franchise grants that the other four franchises get.

I think the reason that the Rebels are struggling a bit is because there wasn't the surplus of playing talent that there was when the Force came in. The economy has also taken a bit of a downturn since 2006. You probably also don't seem have as many rugby fans in Melbourne.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Whilst it is clear the club is committed to assisting his rehab, what is actually not said but is the position , is that he has played his last game for the Rebels.

T

Train Without a Station

What are everybody's thoughts on the Rugby HQ story on KB (Kurtley Beale) right now? I personally am not happy with people talking about his welfare and him having a problem blaming it on that. It's almost certain, he isn't an alcoholic. Getting on the sauce and behaving like a dickhead doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a dickhead. If you can't handle your drink, you should be drinking. His lack of discipline does not constitute an illness. Sick of hearing excuses for athletes who are just shit people.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know of about 20 Irish guys in Melbourne who are all rugby fans yet none of them really follow Super Rugby. There is such a huge potential to attract more rugby fans in Melbourne that the Rebels don't even attempt. It seems all they want is Friday night rugby for the Corporate's before they return to Sydney and Brisbane for the weekend.

Our fixture for this season is really the biggest joke, all Friday night games except for the Kings(Lucky to get 10k) which is the one Saturday night game. The Crusader was a Saturday last year and got 18k to the ground. Where you compare to the Blues which was 15k on the Thursday before Easter.

A mixture of Friday and Saturday games is needed, how can we encourage supporters from areas like Geelong etc to come to games when they can't make it on time? Does not suit fans from even the suburbs let alone regional Victoria areas.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What are everybody's thoughts on the Rugby HQ story on KB (Kurtley Beale) right now? I personally am not happy with people talking about his welfare and him having a problem blaming it on that. It's almost certain, he isn't an alcoholic. Getting on the sauce and behaving like a dickhead doesn't make you an alcoholic, it makes you a dickhead. If you can't handle your drink, you should be drinking. His lack of discipline does not constitute an illness. Sick of hearing excuses for athletes who are just shit people.

And then there is this thing of "it's the game's responsibility to help them" every time one of these immature shits fuck up.

Bullshit. If you drink, act like a tool at work and get fired you walk out the front door and nobody helps you.

These guys are all too bloody precious. The problem is that they KNOW they can fuck up and they will cop a week or two and a fine here or there.

Maybe it's time to hoof one high profile dickhead to send a message loud and clear.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Or it's possible he's a relatively functional alcoholic. I've got no idea how serious his issues are, do you?

T

Train Without a Station

Or it's possible he's a relatively functional alcoholic. I've got no idea how serious his issues are, do you?

Fuck there must be a lot of them in professional sport them. Such a shame they have an illness and don't just need to pull their head in like those of us who aren't professional athletes.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
guys. Have your conversation about this incident but be careful about what you say about the players. It's important that we treat them and each other with a little respect.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Fuck there must be a lot of them in professional sport them. Such a shame they have an illness and don't just need to pull their head in like those of us who aren't professional athletes.
There quite possibly are. They've got far more time, money and opportunity than most of us. Obviously a drinking issue should be addressed before it turns into alcoholism, but once it hits that point it would be stupid not to treat it as the illness that it is.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
The issues are serious with Beale. But you are absolutely right re the predominance within the sporting environment. I think we have all had enough.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I do not buy it. In yesterday's statement Vuna commented on his behaviour and his intent to remedy and atone. Nothing from Beale. This is a reaction prompted by a public incident, nothing more. Whilst trying not pass judgement, there has been no indication of remorse on Beale's part nor any acceptance of the punishment. .

perhaps he is thinking quite rightly that may he should just STFU.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Beale has issued a statement. on Rugby HQ

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
Beale has issued a statement. on Rugby HQ
and those comments were an absolute joke . If this is really what he is thinking we've seen the last of him
He has, repeat has a massive drinking problem .

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
His comments were pretty dumb.......

"I don't have a problem with alcohol......... buuuuuuuut........."

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Again if you're taking your info about his drinking from the internet and the news you have no idea how much he drinks. if you have first hand evidence fess up. if you don't don't make outlandish statements

Status
Not open for further replies.