• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I can't believe we are still discussing individual actions when the real story is that the club allowed them to go out after that performance.

Hill needs to take as much responsibility as anyone. I love a good autocratic leader. Set the standard and then enforce the expectation.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I can't believe we are still discussing individual actions when the real story is that the club allowed them to go out after that performance.

Hill needs to take as much responsibility as anyone. I love a good autocratic leader. Set the standard and then enforce the expectation.

the media reports i've seen, say that Hill suggested/told/asked ? the team NOT go out but the leadership group ignored his wishes. one of the reasons he was so pissed with the senior players.

lemoen

Ted Fahey (11)
Hi, I saw on fox sports there was a video with Drew Mitchell apparently backing Beale. Is there perhaps a link for it? I can't view fox sports videos from SA (region restriction)

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

I think this is recognition that these are adults with compartmentalised lives.

If I get fired from my job you better believe I'm going to go for beers with my mates. Why? Because like everybody, my life is not JUST my job and I could probably use the distraction.

It's not like they got out of the game and decided to smash some beers. They played, did recovery for an hour, probably got chewed out for a bit (though the real chewing out would have come Monday when the analysis was fully complete), THEN went out, etc.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

I don't have an issue with them going out. I have an issue with them getting blind rolling drunk, but we don't know how many, if any were in that state. They are adults and should be able make sensible decisions about what they do when they have finished work. It wouldn't be the first time I have been out after a bad day at the office and got stonkered. Difference is that I have not, alledegly, punched my boss & a work collegue. So, I think it does need to be a discussion about individuals not the club. If the incident had not happened then we would not be talking about it. Hell, we probably wouldn't even know about it.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The real problem was that they got flogged on the paddock.

If they had won their game this would be managable. The bad loss, however, makes this incident appear as a part of an unprofessional rabble and reflects badly on the whole set up. The money boys will be furious.

They need a couple of wins or it could get messy.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Meetings going on today between concerned parties with the outcome expected to be known by the weekend. The ARU have been slow to act in the past so hope that is right and there is a decisive outcome and everyone can move on.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
The real problem was that they got flogged on the paddock.

If they had won their game this would be managable. The bad loss, however, makes this incident appear as a part of an unprofessional rabble and reflects badly on the whole set up. The money boys will be furious.

They need a couple of wins or it could get messy.

Strongly disagree sorry TH. Punching your captain is in my view of the world utterly unacceptable save perhaps if you were returning the favour, which I do not for a minute think is what happened.

The irony is that I am seeing a lot of Tahs fans find excuses and bugger all Rebels fans. Remniscent of debates on this board a few months ago but blue instead of red!

For myself, assuming this is all true and that there isn't one hell of an extenuating circumstance, I think Beale should be fired.

But then I think Quade should have been too, and for the same underlying reason, bringing the game into disrepute.

So, having alienated all Tahs and all Reds fans I will now run for some cover!

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Dear Dumbledore,
As a valued Member of our Club, we would like to update you with the following announcement:
As of only 30 minutes ago, the Melbourne Rebels have completed Cooper Vuna's disciplinary process concerning the incident in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Vuna was immediately stood down from the Rebels' tour of South Africa and sent home to Melbourne, along with teammate Kurtley Beale.

When finalising the decision, Rebels officials took into account his previous behaviour and exemplary work within the community.

The Club endorsed the immediate sanction of standing Vuna down for this week's match against the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein.

Vuna also agreed to private undertakings including not partaking in any form of social media activity.

After the hearing, Vuna stated "I am deeply sorry for the embarrassment this event has caused to the Club and the people I love. During my time with the Melbourne Rebels I have turned my life around.

"The outcome of this incident in Durban is not consistent with the values of my family, my church and my football Club.

"I apologise to the many loyal Rebel fans who have been an inspiration to me.

"Although I haven't deserved the opportunity to make amends for our unacceptable performance last week, be assured if selected I will do everything possible to deliver a winning result in Perth next week."

Vuna will be re-introduced to the team on Monday and will be available for selection in Round Eight.

This will be broken to the media shortly.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just got this too, the no social media is a good/bad at the same time.

But glad that they are sending Vuna to Perth.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Just received this too, have to say I am quite impressed with the decision to tell members slighly in advance of media.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)
So far, so good. Very happy with that statement. Cooper is a Champ and would be outraged to see him on the outer. But the big one is still to come. KB (Kurtley Beale)? I expect he has played his last game before the Lions tour, so no Lions. Can't imagine seeing him in Rebels colours again, even with something of a reprieve from Delve. Good luck to him.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So far, so good. Very happy with that statement. Cooper is a Champ and would be outraged to see him on the outer. But the big one is still to come. KB (Kurtley Beale)? I expect he has played his last game before the Lions tour, so no Lions. Can't imagine seeing him in Rebels colours again, even with something of a reprieve from Delve. Good luck to him.

Don't think they will go that harsh to be honest, couldn't blame them if they did.

But I can see it being more like 3 games ban which gets him back for the Crusaders in Round 11 and a lot of community service work. (Refereeing school and Clubs games when available will be a start) As well counselling for Alcohol problems.

Beale is to big a cash draw for the ARU and Rebels to completely disappear for the rest of 2013

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
But the big one is still to come. KB (Kurtley Beale)? I expect he has played his last game before the Lions tour, so no Lions. Can't imagine seeing him in Rebels colours again, even with something of a reprieve from Delve. Good luck to him.

I'm guessing they'll stand him down for about three games and make him attend some sort of alcohol rehabilitation. That is purely a guess though.

I don't think they'll tear up his contract.

KevinO just beat me to much the same conclusion!

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Need to keep our undefeated record in Perth ;)
Really want the win this week more than anything though.

3 Reasons why
  • Cheetahs win last year against us
  • Last weeks performance
  • SA teams having a 10-0 record against us is just insane when you consider how close we have pushed there teams. Sharks 2011, Bulls, Cheetahs, Lions and Stormers last season. All 4 we got losing bonus points.

Status
Not open for further replies.