• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Army_Gav

The Army team will be known as 'Freiers' Heroes'. Pending availability, medical check etc... Adam will be available to ref the game also.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
yeah, but if you read his old columns, he is just changing tah patrol for rebel army, he isnt the most original writer.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I think it is because he turned up to the Rebel Army pub and watched the game with them last night.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Can anyone ... wha?

Details to be confirmed, but I reckon we should gather in the vicinity at 3pm to start whatever we are starting. The game probably won't commence until, say, 4pm. The Rebel guys might be a bit late, but that doesn't stop us getting a couple under our belts.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I think it is because he turned up to the Rebel Army pub and watched the game with them last night.

Adam's been a huge support for the Army and VIC rugby since he moved down here. He's down at Melbourne RUFC most weeks, and wanders down to the southern end whenever he can.

His work within Rebels HQ gave the Army a lot of credibility when we first started, so we owe quite a bit to him. Only fitting we name our team after him.

T

Travi34

Just a public update for everyone involved. WJ is in charge of getting us a venue. Things are tricky, with various shit being on that weekend. My understanding is that we should still hang in there to see if we can play inside the facility, get some Tah t-shirts, have a BBQ, and a shower, etc. The alternative will be in the park near the pond with a few traffic cones set up.

Let's start organising food and things. Does anyone from Sydney have an easy-to-set up BBQ? You might have to park in the official Moore Park area, but that's just ten bucks or something. We'll need an esky and some ice. Everyone bring beer - there are pubs local to purchase. I don't have an esky or portable BBQ so please put your hands up. :thumb

Well said.

I'm bringing a medium esky, ice, meat and beverages for the Army, would appreciate another esky or 2 to use whilst up there....

Don't worry we don't like VB, so we won't be bringing it...

2.30/3.00 set up, for a 3.30-3.45 kick off and 4.30/5.00 ish finish, so all can get ready for the Rebels to win...

Who is the GAGRTahs captain? scarf? Wj? Panda? Lol I've nominated myself, as ours...

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah if we start at 3 or 4 I won't be able to play as I'll be playing the real deal.

Reactions: Ash

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well if I play I will have played earlier but it would still be too early for me to make it.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Current GAGRTAHS team sheet:

Scarfman
Jonnosan
jay-c
gooch
rugbyfuture + 1?
rugbysmartarse
ACT Crusader
matty k
barbarian?

konze - out
ash - out

Can you guys confirm or deny availability? Any word from the Tah people (splex, etc?). We've got about 10 so far, so it would be good to get a couple more.

If Jesus comes through with a venue, then we'll be inside the facility with BBQ and showers. If not, then we'll play in Moore Park (where the Tahs sometimes train, opposite the SFS) with traffic cones and an esky of beer.

- Traffic cones - Scarf
- Esky - ?
- Beer - everyone

We'll grab some food after playing and before watching. Wear your G&GR t-shirt, or something green and/or gold and/or yellow. Just not dark blue. If NSW comes through with shirts, we'll wear them instead.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Lindommer and little (?) Lindommer will be at Colts Is against Randwick, probably Latham Park at South Coogee. We'll be there at 4:30 at the very earliest. If this game's any earlier you'll need someone else to ref.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I should be able to get there for 3, may be a few minutes late.

We should also have a contingency plan for rain, as it is supposed to be nasty all week. Just go to the pub?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
we definately have shirts, confirmation on the venue is waiting for a meeting to finish, then all will be confirmed (either way we can play int he training venue)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Glad you can make it baabaa. Rain? Pah! I laugh at rain.

(Well, if it's really bucketing, then yeah, pub).

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Lindommer and little (?) Lindommer will be at Colts Is against Randwick, probably Latham Park at South Coogee. We'll be there at 4:30 at the very earliest. If this game's any earlier you'll need someone else to ref.

Pending a medical, we should have Hoff ready and willing.

Status
Not open for further replies.