• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Travi34

My phone hasnt stopped ringing all day - I've been deciding on a new ringtone, and they are all just so good!

Should be a laugh, need some non-weather dependent rules for back up -

drink off at the pub seems obvious?

can we get some rules? and actual competition?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I've had a chat with Trav and I reckon 4.30 start time will work best. It will give a few more of our guys a chance to get there, but will leave plenty of time to chat / change / grab some food before 7.30pm.

Wet weather plan is to run around in the rain, and for the fans to either bring umbrellas or else piss off to the bar / cafe.

I'm not sure if the GAGRTAHS have any fans.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I was just about to say that I can show until 4:30 - 5.

So do we have access to change rooms etc?

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Personally I'd rather it be earlier, for the simple fact that some of us (me and my colleague on the Tiger flight of doom) might be going straight from the airport to the touch game. Having a bit of space between the game and the pre-match pissup would be good to check-in and get our respective shite together.

As for showers, I'm sure worst-case, the Army guys can donate their hotel facilities if they're close by? Don't know if that's feasible as we're all staying at different places.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I've had a chat with Trav and I reckon 4.30 start time will work best. It will give a few more of our guys a chance to get there, but will leave plenty of time to chat / change / grab some food before 7.30pm.

Wet weather plan is to run around in the rain, and for the fans to either bring umbrellas or else piss off to the bar / cafe.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had to, at least, move the game from the training field in case of wet weather. It's maintained to the same standard as the SFS so I'm sure they'd be thrilled if a bunch of internet loose cannons went and shenaniganised everything.

Nevertheless, there'll be a patch of grass somewhere, so we'll be right.

T

Travi34

No one to boo you? :p

might have to compromise and go 4pm start, will be too late for some of our blokes who may need to check in after the game.

arrive from 3pm for a 4pm start. get some beers in before, during and after.

We'll push back the game if people arent around etc... or shorten it, or something!

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
my missus was going to turn up - probably wont if it's raining.

So what are the rules? are we essentially playing touch league? (6 turns a piece) or can we work some sort of union rules in. Since it's wet, is anyone keen to switch to tackle?

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
my missus was going to turn up - probably wont if it's raining.

So what are the rules? are we essentially playing touch league? (6 turns a piece) or can we work some sort of union rules in. Since it's wet, is anyone keen to switch to tackle?

Essentially.

I suggested touch sevens (essentially adding one extra player and union conversions) but was shouted down. Still think the idea has merit but we need something locked in at this stage.

Seeing as we'll have ladies suiting up, don't think tackle is the way to go. Fully acknowledging that most, if not all of them could beat me up, but still.

T

Travi34

If we get enough guys that want to play contact, I won't say no.... but standard touch rules, pending location.

A

Army_Gav

Essentially.

I suggested touch sevens (essentially adding one extra player and union conversions) but was shouted down. Still think the idea has merit but we need something locked in at this stage.

Seeing as we'll have ladies suiting up, don't think tackle is the way to go. Fully acknowledging that most, if not all of them could beat me up, but still.

Happy for a drop kick to start the match (scoring team restarts) and kick on the last tackle.

T

Travi34

Happy for a drop kick to start the match (scoring team restarts) and kick on the last tackle.

TOO COMPLICATED!

we will only change rules if we are losing! - Remember Rules are to the Referee's interpretation ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.