• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hey scarfman, you still looking for "players"? I'll be in Sydders that weekend and as one of the original G&GRers I demand union senority selection....:)

Would be keen for a run around

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Yep. Details will be finalised in the next few days, but I reckon it's now time to open the floodgates. Come along and you'll get some game time. If we have 12 - 14 players for 6 or 7 a side we'll all get about 20 minutes each, which seems about right.

Plus, the more the merrier with beer (and BBQ / hotdogs / whatever we find) and banter.

Personally, I'm going to buy some Category 4 tickets at the gate and keep at least one eye on the game.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Only proviso is that, seeing as I bought it, it's everybody's shout but mine on Saturday.

I'm not UNICEF.

It is pretty nice though. Came out a lot better than expected.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Please, please, for those of us who can't be there, someone get some video of this. Scarfy's magic hands have to be seen by all.
Who's gonna bust out "The Turtle" after scoring? Or maybe "The Busted Crab"?

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Please, please, for those of us who can't be there, someone get some video of this. Scarfy's magic hands have to be seen by all.
Who's gonna bust out "The Turtle" after scoring? Or maybe "The Busted Crab"?

I think we're having a closed training session whilst watching the Rebs-Blues match, at the pub, consisting solely of nailing our post-try celebrations.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Also, had an idea for the perpetual trophy name. Something like the Bankers' Shield has a fair few applications.

Obscure Bankers' Shield (sponsors)
Talentless Bankers' Shield
What a bunch of Bankers' Shield

etc. Thoughts?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Watch out for some Monkey Magic coming from me.

And if there is video, can someone please slow down the tape and add "Chariots of Fire"?

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
Watch out for some Monkey Magic coming from me.

And if there is video, can someone please slow down the tape and add "Chariots of Fire"?

Depends who the video is of. If i get some space, you won't have to slow it down

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
You can call it the Kurtley Beale cup.

The aim is to have a different name for each game, reflecting news or events of the time, but collected under a single title, if that makes sense.

So, the KBMT would be Bankers Shield I. In 2012, Bankers Shield II would have a different name, like 'Rebels on top? You've got to be JOCing', so on so forth.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I was being a smart arse. :)

Hope you boys have a good day and I look forward to a match report.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Just a public update for everyone involved. WJ is in charge of getting us a venue. Things are tricky, with various shit being on that weekend. My understanding is that we should still hang in there to see if we can play inside the facility, get some Tah t-shirts, have a BBQ, and a shower, etc. The alternative will be in the park near the pond with a few traffic cones set up.

Let's start organising food and things. Does anyone from Sydney have an easy-to-set up BBQ? You might have to park in the official Moore Park area, but that's just ten bucks or something. We'll need an esky and some ice. Everyone bring beer - there are pubs local to purchase. I don't have an esky or portable BBQ so please put your hands up. :thumb

Status
Not open for further replies.