• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Just told a mate about this, general sports guy, bit of a mungo, played A grade mungo, says he would like to come and play for the gagrtahs, wants to support the rebels in the game, allowed to come?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
[my opinion]I reckon probably OK, but let's confirm numbers and the playing situation first. We want good numbers but not far too many, eh?[/my opinion]

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'm now in the same boat as Barbar - I'm playing, but if we have a home game and the touch at the SFS isn't scheduled too early I'll be DTF (not literally).

T

Travi34

On a semi-serious note....

Check list of REQUIRED items.... and then optional extras...

REQUIRED
Players
Ref
Field
Cones
Some form of identifying uniform
Beverages
* some form of rules *
Optional
Lines on field
BBQ
Uniforms

I'll edit this post as we go along....

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Also required: rules.

Now - trav and WJ - I heard that our current situation is the half-time is out, but that NSW are giving us t-shirts, and the most likely venue the training field thats fenced off in the park opposite? failing that, perhaps the showring at fox studios which is free and open to use. "That way we are only 5 metres from the beer cafe or 20 from fox and lion" says WJ.

I'm away from now until Tuesday, but if you guys want to keep pumping the NSWRU until then, then we might draw a line under it at that stage at pick our best option.

Sound OK?

T

Travi34

Sounds good Scarfy,

Will keep pumping, apparently we have hit the SMH.... can someone confirm? and link/pic please!

rules seem boring, but ok.

I vote for started touch rugby rules, 6 down, change of possession, ball cant touch the ground, dummy 1/2 cant score, if dummy half is "tackled" change of possession. players retreating 5 metres, no markers. etc... everyone knows them, and has played them at some time.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
smh? ok now its serious> state pride at stake
ahhh despite how often it occours, i still get that warm feeling inside beating other states-

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
hmmm... maybe this can be an annual tradition?

That's what we're hoping for too: The Keyboard Warrior Cup or some such.

I've ordered a trophy on behalf of the Army. This year the match will be known as the KURTLEY BEALE MEMORIAL TROPHY.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I'm now in the same boat as Barbar - I'm playing, but if we have a home game and the touch at the SFS isn't scheduled too early I'll be DTF (not literally).

Eww. But it won't be too early, the Army guys and girls will be flying in at different times throughout the day, so should be late arvo.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
That's what we're hoping for too: The Keyboard Warrior Cup or some such.

I've ordered a trophy on behalf of the Army. This year the match will be known as the KURTLEY BEALE MEMORIAL TROPHY.

i think we should always play for the 'KURTLEY BEALE BOWL' with the home team having the task of sourcing a bowl and engraving/writing a speacial messege that represents the time and feel of the event on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.