• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebel Army vs GAGR - Sydney Touch Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
i think we should always play for the 'KURTLEY BEALE BOWL' with the home team having the task of sourcing a bowl and engraving/writing a speacial messege that represents the time and feel of the event on it.

We'll need to find some sort of perpetual trophy and name (working title of Keyboard Warrior Cup but very open to change) but I agree, each year should have its own feel to it, hence the KBMT for 2011.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Alright guys, I'm going to put my line in the sand re rules: Touch Sevens.

- No tackling
- 7 players a side, unlimited but equal bench (ie. Rebel Army turn up with 15, GAGRatahs play 15).
- Unlimited subs
- Not fussed about halves times, 15 mins per?
- Conversions can be taken any which way, but 30sec time limit remains.
- Rest of the rules a la Sevens.

Thoughts?

T

Travi34

nah, simple touch. no fucking around.

- 6 players a side, unlimited but equal(ish) bench (ie. Rebel Army turn up with 15ish, GAGRatahs play 15ish). (more or less players pending field size/fitness)
- Unlimited subs

We need to KISS it....

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
nah, simple touch. no fucking around.

- 6 players a side, unlimited but equal(ish) bench (ie. Rebel Army turn up with 15ish, GAGRatahs play 15ish). (more or less players pending field size/fitness)
- Unlimited subs

We need to KISS it....

Alright, just getting the convo started.

Are there conversions in proper touch? People have different scoring systems, and I've never bothered to check.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1. Scarf - confirmed +1
2. Jonnosan - confirmed (maybe + 1)
3. Panda - confirmed
4. gooch - confirmed
5. konze - confirmed
6. barbarian - confirmed
7. jay-c - confirmed

moses - ?
splex - ?
topo - ?
sevenpointdropgoal - ?
GTT + Tah crew - ?

Would a 20 year old, very fit, 6'3" ball-playing lock be welcome? Most of you have met him, he's keen to be involved.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If I'm going to ref this show the rules'd better be crystal clear. If any McCawish character falls on the wrong side of the tackle, he's off!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
If I'm going to ref this show the rules'd better be crystal clear. If any McCawish character falls on the wrong side of the tackle, he's off!

You mean you have one of those special sets of glasses that actually render blick sivun jerseys visible? For gods sake man, as a public service make them available to WC referees! Better not let Paddy O'Brien know about them, you will have black helicopters over your house in no time.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I may in high demand, with my ability to boost a teams minimum KGs in a single player :)[/QUOTE]

ditto

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
There's still a slight chance I may be able to attend as a token Reds supporter, but don't count on me being a definite.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I'm happy with those. They are what I've played by in vic.

We'll sort something out regarding evening out the teams in size and skill.... minimum kgs per team might be the way to go...

Are we ready to annouce details?

Scarfy? Jesus?

We could just do something like 'try scorer must be subbed off until next score' to keep it even and interesting.

T

Travi34

We could just do something like 'try scorer must be subbed off until next score' to keep it even and interesting.

Mate, I thought we went through this, I am the only one on our team with a hope, we cant sub me off, because we wont score again to get me back on....

Status
Not open for further replies.