• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Have seen this said a few times now and I don’t quite get it - of the current squad, Petaia, Annan, and Vunivalu are big, and Paisami and Henry play big.

Injuries obviously impacted availability this year, but the squad isn’t lacking size to the extent suggested imo.
Fair, but out of them two would be starters, Petaia / Paisami , Vunivalu and Annan can't make the team not talking about Petaia and Henry getting through a complete season..

Stand by, good signing for the bit of beef he adds and that his quality

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
These have been awesome signings. Don’t want to be too cocky but this is an awesome squad and we should definitely destroy every other Aus team easily and finish top 3 or 4. I think there’s no reason we can’t be competitive at the top and humiliate some kiwi sides. Again though, don’t want to be too cocky early.
Don't want to be cocky, but here I go 2025 preseason Champs !!

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
These have been awesome signings. Don’t want to be too cocky but this is an awesome squad and we should definitely destroy every other Aus team easily and finish top 3 or 4. I think there’s no reason we can’t be competitive at the top and humiliate some kiwi sides. Again though, don’t want to be too cocky early.
the kiwi teams are still a step above

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We beat the Crusaders and Chiefs this year and smashed the Highlanders. We lost a narrow one to the Canes. We got owned by the eventual champions and played terribly away to the eventual runners up in the finals.

They’re ripe for the taking.

You need to start showing a bit more vulnerability and put your heart on the line if indeed you even are a supporter of an Australian super side.

Reactions: Ged

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
We went 50% against NZ sides this year and we'll be better next year. That's the record book I'm looking in. Anyway, I'm done trying convince people to be optimistic 8 months away from the season starting.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
If I recall correctly (cant be bothered looking it up), apart from the final, I don't think we were behind on the scoreboard at the 80 minute mark against any NZ team. This is something to be positive about, particularly when we are adding depth that gives us a better bench to close out games.

While I don't really care for players who quit on the Reds back to the team, they will serve a purpose and hopefully get us some more wins by closing games out. This is why the Brumbies are arguably better than us, when their squad is fit all players can interchange from bench to starting and they do not lose much.