• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

FTF

Frank Nicholson (4)
Which players “quit” on the Reds as you put it?
Players move on for a variety of reasons. Unless you personally know them you can’t say that

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
No, I guess I can't, but that is how it feels when someone leaves, especially when they then comes back as a last resort because the team they left for collapses. This is particularly the case when they could have stayed but chose to leave rather than not being given a option to stay.

I have been one of the first to applaud players who leave for personal reasons, they are all one injury away from losing their livelihood so they should make the most of their opportunities to set themselves and families up for the future.

I guess it is lucky that this is an internet forum and different people have differing opinions, it would be pretty boring if we all came here and said the same thing.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Off topic, but figured this was the best place to post this given it receives more traffic than the QPR thread. Up to $200 vouchers for kids aged 5-17 to play sport - may as well feed as much into the local clubs as we can.

seabasss

Frank Row (1)
I would not put Daugunu in the same category as players who semi recently left on probably unfavourable terms with Reds.

The back end 2023 he was not consistently picked in the starting team under Thorn. 2023 was the last year of his contract so he moved for a fresh start at another team in Aus with more starting opportunities. I wish more players made domestic moves like this, as he could have easily left for France or Japan for way more money. The Rebels turned out to be a shitshow and now he is back... what's not to like?

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh agreed. When he left, I'm sure his contract offer got a knock with Petaia/Vunivalu & Campbell owning the back 3 and Daugunu at that time not considered a 13 option. He was no.23....thats it, and the Rebels had a good offer and a need I'm sure up their sleeve in the absence of Koroibete which all clearly worked as Daugunu had hoped now back in Gold!

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Cheers for this!

Took about 5 mins to complete and I've already received the email voucher for my son.

Doing one for the daughter next
Off topic, but figured this was the best place to post this given it receives more traffic than the QPR thread. Up to $200 vouchers for kids aged 5-17 to play sport - may as well feed as much into the local clubs as we can.