• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Arguably, it is a bit unusual.

Cheeky. I like it.

1720579442140.png

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not a particularly surprising development given their results, but Grant Anderson has finished up as the Reds SuperW coach:

No word who's next but I imagine they'll want to have them appointed quickly given the women are touring Tonga alongside the men.
Well that was quick - the main bits:
Andrew Fraser, Head of Rugby at the University of Queensland Rugby Football Club, will act as Head Coach for the July campaign.

Fraser will oversee defence, his role as assistant coach at Bond University in the StoreLocal Hospital Cup in 2022-23 and with the Hunter Wildfires in the Shute Shield in 2021.

Simon Craig, Head Coach of the women’s team on their run to the 2023 Super W final, will act as forwards’ coach for the tour build-up. It will be a non-travelling role because of his commitments as Head Coach of Easts in the Hospital Cup competition.

Tyrell Barker, Director of Rugby at Easts, will step up as an Assistant Coach and inject his knowledge from a previous involvement with the Reds women’s program.

The coaching staff will mesh with the women’s squad on an interim basis ahead of a more formal application process to settle on the Head Coach and assistants for the 2025 Buildcorp Super Rugby Women’s season.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Petaia was down at GPS last night. Overhead him mentioning something about a hip flexor issue. I don’t think we know anything about his status for next week or beyond yet do we?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Petaia was down at GPS last night. Overhead him mentioning something about a hip flexor issue. I don’t think we know anything about his status for next week or beyond yet do we?
All reports were not until at least August I think. Don't think there's any chance of him against Wales or Tonga.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I really like it and I have to assume if they're doing something like this for a fringe Wallaby re-signing with us for 1 year, the general effort being put into marketing will continue to be high.

Or have they done this selecting player thing before and I havent noticed...

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
I really like it and I have to assume if they're doing something like this for a fringe Wallaby re-signing with us for 1 year, the general effort being put into marketing will continue to be high.

Or have they done this selecting player thing before and I havent noticed...
To be fair, excluding actually coming up with the idea, this is an hour or two's work for anyone mildly proficient in video editing - regardless, I'm really glad the effort's being put in.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
To be fair, excluding actually coming up with the idea, this is an hour or two's work for anyone mildly proficient in video editing - regardless, I'm really glad the effort's being put in.
Yeah, it does really highlight how the effort has been missing across the Australian rugby landscape for some time now. There's so many easy wins available to them I happy to see them finally chasing them.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Yeah, it does really highlight how the effort has been missing across the Australian rugby landscape for some time now. There's so many easy wins available to them I happy to see them finally chasing them.
I dunno I think the McKellar obituary was done to a high standard

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Jock Campbell re-signs for another year:

Really happy to see this, I was a bit worried we were going to lose him.
That has made my day.

I have always loved watching Campbell play and think he is undervalued by non Reds supporters.

WoodysRFC

Stan Wickham (3)
Re: Fw: Fw: Intel from Sully in the Force thread

Bit of a loss if true, but makes sense given the signings of Daugunu and Campbell.

Signs point to Petaia sticking around?
From what I've seen on Roar and Instagram, Petaia is pretty much a done deal for the NFL international pathways isn't he?