• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought I saw a chat between LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) and Faessler when they were organising this pic - wonder if it was a bit of "haha, not yet"

The fact he has nominated Randwick and not GPS as the club chosen when they announce the Wallabies teams is interesting. I wonder if that means anything

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
The fact he has nominated Randwick and not GPS as the club chosen when they announce the Wallabies teams is interesting. I wonder if that means anything
Randwick was his first senior club wasn't it? To me it seemed consistent with the theme of other players naming their junior or first senior club.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
I think the players are being asked to nominate their first or "debut" Australian clubs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240707-182653.png
    Screenshot_20240707-182653.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 138

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Randwick was his first senior club wasn't it? To me it seemed consistent with the theme of other players naming their junior or first senior club.
but inconsistent with Noah and Len naming Vikings as theirs. I don't think there is anything in it, players clearly nominated whatever club for whatever reason, and the reasons no doubt varied.

Reds Rick

Allen Oxlade (6)
What do we think the attendance numbers will be around? Got my tickets yesterday and most of the bays running lengthwise along the field looked close to sold out. Had to get mine in an area around the posts. Pretty promising with 1.5 weeks to go..

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Each side of lower tier is around 7.5k, so would assume they’re aiming for 20k based on tickets sold.

upper tiers won’t open unless they hit a certain threshold on the lower tier

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
but inconsistent with Noah and Len naming Vikings as theirs. I don't think there is anything in it, players clearly nominated whatever club for whatever reason, and the reasons no doubt varied.

What junior clubs did Noah and Len play for?

i can’t locate any info in regards to this. Their careers seem to start once they played schoolboy rugby

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
What junior clubs did Noah and Len play for?

i can’t locate any info in regards to this. Their careers seem to start once they played schoolboy rugby
If it has to be their first 'club' they link to then that could explain it, but these two clearly had their rugby origins in Qld (TSS & BBC respectively). For the record, I don't mind at all, I had just noticed the inconsistencies so was just wondering what the criteria was. We may well have found the answer.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
If it has to be their first 'club' they link to then that could explain it, but these two clearly had their rugby origins in Qld (TSS & BBC respectively). For the record, I don't mind at all, I had just noticed the inconsistencies so was just wondering what the criteria was. We may well have found the answer.
If we want to go back far enough, Ikitau played rugby in NZ before moving back to Brisbane (and playing league for a while)

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
that’s what I found. RL background but no alignment to any Brisbane junior rugby club.
Born in Brisbane, moved back to NZ, played rugby union through primary school, moved back to Brisbane for high school, played rugby league at Marsden HS, recruited by BBC in Grade 10, played rugby union there.

Background in both, like so many of our other players

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Born in Brisbane, moved back to NZ, played rugby union through primary school, moved back to Brisbane for high school, played rugby league at Marsden HS, recruited by BBC in Grade 10, played rugby union there.

Background in both, like so many of our other players

What primary school did he play rugby union for?

the Len Ikitau Wikipedia page isn’t that in depth.

If he did indeed have junior rugby club then the wallabies clubs on team list is a nomination and not a club rugby debut like we’ve all been suspecting

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
What primary school did he play rugby union for?

the Len Ikitau Wikipedia page isn’t that in depth.

If he did indeed have junior rugby club then the wallabies clubs on team list is a nomination and not a club rugby debut like we’ve all been suspecting
Junior rugby only in New Zealand. Massey RC in Auckland.

The players are just asked who their "first Australian rugby club" was

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Michael Hooper has/had listed Manly as his Debut club and Easts (ACT) as his Australian clubs when we know he's a Wests boy!

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Michael Hooper has/had listed Manly as his Debut club and Easts (ACT) as his Australian clubs when we know he's a Wests boy!

Manly is correct. His Wikipedia page says he played for the Manly Roos junior club.

the stint at wests was when his old man relocated to Queensland selling photocopiers and it was a short lived stay as the hoppers relocated back to Sydney