• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
And Annan and Aubrey. Arguably McLaughlin-Phillips too.
Lynagh?

As much as I love how he puts his body on the line I think he either needs to bulk up quickly or move to a position where he is not being targeted all the time.

He seems to have what would be required at 15 and HMP looked the goods at 10 early in the season.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
J
Lynagh?

As much as I love how he puts his body on the line I think he either needs to bulk up quickly or move to a position where he is not being targeted all the time.

He seems to have what would be required at 15 and HMP looked the goods at 10 early in the season.
Is he quick enough?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Good move for all involved

Broncos need an affordable winger at the moment and the Dolphins probably would take him too.

if it means we have an extra 100k we can throw at Petaia I’d be for it.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
I reckon he'll be more likely to score an overseas contract than with the NRL - he'd be a pretty tough sell at this point

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Some would definitely still take him in the NRL, I can't see them caring too much about the defensive issues he's had in union, but his earning potential is almost certainly higher in Japan where he can dominate in the wide channels.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
He hasn't looked too flash offensively either though (apart from some flashes of days past). He's lost his pace and seemingly confidence, and has just looked lost. A team would need a fair bit of faith in his potential, and trust that he'll again flourish in a simpler game.

Yes, I realise I say this despite his pretty impressive try scoring rate...

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
His heads not in the game.

supposedly did his knee on weekend, came off 25 min mark but couldn’t even be bothered hanging around watch his wests teammates beat Bond.

I thought club rugby would give him some confidence but he’s struggling out on the clubland paddock with students and tradespeople.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's a pity, because up until the Blues game it was probably his best season and he finally looked like he was getting it. Then that Drua game might have broken him, certainly it makes it very hard to back him again and that can't be good for the confidence. Depending on who comes in from the Rebels and when they arrive he might not even get much in the way of time in the off season games now.

LevitatingSocks

Larry Dwyer (12)
The expectation if you're a signed professional, let alone one with Wallaby caps, should be to dominate at the club rugby level.

What in the world were the talent evaluation staff at the Reds and RA thinking?

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
The talent clearly is/was there, it's about the consistent execution. On top of the (perceived) injury-related confidence issues, he seems to have not been able to fully grasp his role in the 15 man game. It's quite unfortunate really, as there have been so many glimpses of hope.

Reactions: dru

LevitatingSocks

Larry Dwyer (12)
Even from an injury perspective, his hamstring issues seem to precede his union career. Obviously we're just talking heads on the internet, but I would love to know what the initial prognosis and performance testing prior to his signing showed compared to where he's at now.

It seems like he's never been able to get out of 2nd gear and his lower body has continued to be an issue.