• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

scrans21

Sydney Middleton (9)
Now that Canham is confirmed and with Salakai-Loto all but confirmed, I'd imagine the top team next year could look something like this:

1. Alex Hodgman
2. Matt Faesslar
3. Zane Nonggorr
4. Ryan Smith
5. Lukhan Salakai-Loto
6. Liam Wright (cc)
7. Fraser McReight
8. Harry Wilson
9. Tate McDermott (cc)
10. Tom Lynagh
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Josh Flook
14. Tim Ryan
15. Jock Campbell
16. Josh Nasser
17. Peni Ravai
18. Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
19. Josh Canham
20. Seru Uru
21. Kalani Thomas
22. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips
23. Isaac Henry

Assuming we hold onto Petaia and Ravai. I've heard rumours that Daugunu might be coming back, so if we lose Petaia then I'd be subbing Daugunu straight into the 11 jersey. Similarly if Ravai leaves then Fa'agase comes straight in. Tough on guys like Bryant, Blyth and Grealy, but with injuries all but certain to occur they'll get plenty of gametime and with better depth than we had this year it wouldn't surprise me to see Kiss start to adjust the side to the opposition similar to how the Brumbies manage their depth. Great problem to have and hopefully it'll mean we don't stumble at sides that we realistically should beat like the Force and Moana again whilst keeping the top side fit and firing for the big games (Blues, Canes, Chiefs and Brumbies).

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
From a talent distribution perspective, i'd prefer to see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) go to the Force..
Obviously, travelling across the Nullarbor might not be conducive to personal circumstances, though.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
From a talent distribution perspective, i'd prefer to see LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) go to the Force..
Obviously, travelling across the Nullarbor might not be conducive to personal circumstances, though.
He does have some connections in Perth as I understand it, but the reporting does make it seem like his preference is far and away to return to Queensland.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
It’s a touchy subject and an unpopular opinion - but to be consistently competitive in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific), and build crowds and support in the two biggest rugby markets, (and also build a better wallabies) this is the concentration of test players we need at the Reds and the Tahs first and foremost.

For non-reds fans reading this forum that’s going to sound like self interest from a QLDer, but the survival and growth of game need this.

if we can manage a third team with enough similar depth we go with the three.

but this is what the future standard of oz teams need to look like. For the sake of improving oz results in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (which I don’t particularly love but it’s what we have) and for the sake of the wallabies getting back up the rankings

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Now that Canham is confirmed and with Salakai-Loto all but confirmed, I'd imagine the top team next year could look something like this:

1. Alex Hodgman
2. Matt Faesslar
3. Zane Nonggorr
4. Ryan Smith
5. Lukhan Salakai-Loto
6. Liam Wright (cc)
7. Fraser McReight
8. Harry Wilson
9. Tate McDermott (cc)
10. Tom Lynagh
11. Jordan Petaia
12. Hunter Paisami
13. Josh Flook
14. Tim Ryan
15. Jock Campbell
16. Josh Nasser
17. Peni Ravai
18. Jeffrey Toomaga-Allen
19. Josh Canham
20. Seru Uru
21. Kalani Thomas
22. Harry McLaughlin-Phillips
23. Isaac Henry

Assuming we hold onto Petaia and Ravai. I've heard rumours that Daugunu might be coming back, so if we lose Petaia then I'd be subbing Daugunu straight into the 11 jersey. Similarly if Ravai leaves then Fa'agase comes straight in. Tough on guys like Bryant, Blyth and Grealy, but with injuries all but certain to occur they'll get plenty of gametime and with better depth than we had this year it wouldn't surprise me to see Kiss start to adjust the side to the opposition similar to how the Brumbies manage their depth. Great problem to have and hopefully it'll mean we don't stumble at sides that we realistically should beat like the Force and Moana again whilst keeping the top side fit and firing for the big games (Blues, Canes, Chiefs and Brumbies).
I’d like to have Canham starting