• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

Cole

Bob McCowan (2)
Look he could be the second coming of Samu Kerevi however and I acknowledge that Brothers do have good players my point is that many believe they don't look too much further. There were others in the comp who played better this year so all i would like to see is the Reds looking further afield
Thats fair, but Dre has been in their Academy system for a number of years now, so not surprising after the year he had and his debut performances that he's being looked at closely, and justifiably upgraded to a full time contract

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
I will say, Dre looked good when he played against Wales, I had watched him previously but he really impressed me in that game; he was also U20s player of the year, so it might be a tad disingenuous to Dre to suggest his signing is a result of parochial bias.

No doubt, being part of a successful club helps players look better though

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
This all seems a pretty normal process.

Young up and coming back gets the deal a previous up and coming back was probably on (Annan) when the Club decides he isn't in their future plans or aren't going to match an offer from another organisation like the Knights. It's not as if Paisami has left and replaced by a kid.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Think he will end up bigger. I've only seen limited bits and pieces of him mostly the NSW v QLD U18s games but he isn't just a barge into you type while still having it in the back pocket.

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
Think he will end up bigger. I've only seen limited bits and pieces of him mostly the NSW v QLD U18s games but he isn't just a barge into you type while still having it in the back pocket.
Thanks. I see Frankie Goldsbrough is already 100kg. Will be nice to see some size coming into our back line - and hopefully for the wallabies in years to come.

Adam84

Rod McCall (65)
Not saying he is not a good player but the last time I checked the Reds were an adult side and the as I said he was not the best player in his position in the QPR.

Bit of an oversimplification of professional sport, isn't it..

Harry Wilson and Fraser McReight weren't the best players in their position when they were signed. They were signed to retain them in the code, in QLD, and bring them into a professional environment to expedite their development so they had the resources surrounding them which allows them to focus on rugby and train/develop right.

No professional team, NRL, AFL, Super Rugby signs players solely on who is the best in that league, that is certainly part of the pathway but the other part(arguably the biggest part) is identifying young athletes who have the most potential and signing and developing them.