• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

Sword of Justice

Trevor Allan (34)
What da heck? Train and trial deal? He is way too good for that. Proven super player. Hope there’s more to the story for his sake, maybe he has other irons in the fire.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Maybe Grearly is trying to maximise his spring tours.

could essentially go to South Africa next month then Segway with a Japan tour with reds (unsure of dates) and then go to UK in January

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I have never rated Grealy to be honest at Super level, but frankly I rate Aubrey less. Neither of them excite me as Super players. I find it strange the Reds letting Grealy go though if he's taking up train and trial deals at other clubs...

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I have never rated Grealy to be honest at Super level, but frankly I rate Aubrey less. Neither of them excite me as Super players. I find it strange the Reds letting Grealy go though if he's taking up train and trial deals at other clubs...
My understanding is they do want to keep him and have offered him more money, but he is keen to move to get more game time, particularly at fullback.

Might be the reasoning for a train and trial deal instead of a straight contract - if he can lay a claim to the 15 jersey then he'll make the jump, but if he's not looking like a starter amongst the back 3 group he may stay in QLD or look elsewhere.

JRugby2

Bill Watson (15)
My understanding is they do want to keep him and have offered him more money, but he is keen to move to get more game time, particularly at fullback.

Might be the reasoning for a train and trial deal instead of a straight contract - if he can lay a claim to the 15 jersey then he'll make the jump, but if he's not looking like a starter amongst the back 3 group he may stay in QLD or look elsewhere.
My guess is that if the Reds are allowing him to TnT with other teams - they won't be offering him a new contract. Remaining in QLD likely means club land/ real life.

Good luck to him, but lets hopefully he's doesn't have any Irish heritage so he can't run away and get immeasurably better like that other Mack

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
My guess is that if the Reds are allowing him to TnT with other teams - they won't be offering him a new contract. Remaining in QLD likely means club land/ real life.

Good luck to him, but lets hopefully he's doesn't have any Irish heritage so he can't run away and get immeasurably better like that other Mack
As I understand they have already offered him something which he knocked back (though I'm not sure how official it was). I don't necessarily think it's likely he ends up back in QLD if he doesn't sign with the Force - by the time it's sorted one way or the other the Reds will have spent some of that money and may only be able to offer him a base contract, just that it's not impossible he does, given they were pretty keen on him staying.

This is probably all academic though, I expect he'll kill it with the Force and lock down a full contract, I'd have him starting ahead of any of their other fullback options in a heartbeat.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Good pickup - very low key way to announce the departure of a guy who's been around for several seasons
There will probably be another goodbye post in time for some of the later departures -Annan, Grealy, etc., but I don't mind them not making too much of a song and dance about a guy leaving to league. Particularly not while the focus is on re-upping and selling memberships for 2025.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Good pickup - very low key way to announce the departure of a guy who's been around for several seasons
Farewell's haven't always been our forte...

Yeah some of the recent ones have been good but I don't think Quade ever got one.

I suppose the circumstances around them leaving come into play but yeah years of good service should at least be recognised

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
I wonder sometimes if the Reds realise that there are 8 other clubs in the QPR and talent does exist outside of Crosby Road

Did you watch the games the played for the Reds this year? He looks the goods.

And yeh, so weird that the Reds are keen to sign players from the back to back QPR Champions. It's almost like they've got some decent players in the team or something.

Interested Viewer

Bob McCowan (2)
Look he could be the second coming of Samu Kerevi however and I acknowledge that Brothers do have good players my point is that many believe they don't look too much further. There were others in the comp who played better this year so all i would like to see is the Reds looking further afield