• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

sunnyboys

Bob Loudon (25)
From the countries most esteemed broadsheet

IMG_8538.jpeg

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
From the countries most esteemed broadsheet

View attachment 20498
That’s gold. Does she really expect anyone to believe that? Especially like the cut and paste about the franchise’s respective financial situations from 6 months ago prior to the Brumbies getting on board with RA. (Edit: which has since been removed)

Last edited:

Reds Rick

Allen Oxlade (6)
That’s gold. Does she really expect anyone to believe that? Especially like the cut and paste about the franchise’s respective financial situations from 6 months ago prior to the Brumbies getting on board with RA. (Edit: which has since been removed)
Can’t read the article but is it just another newscorp stitch up?

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Can’t read the article but is it just another newscorp stitch up?
Yes and no, the story is real (and confirmed by Brett Clark), in the sense that he and the QRu did reach out to the Broncos to explore potential partnerships:
Clark, a savvy multi-millionaire businessman, philanthropist, and 2032 Olympics committee member, confirmed the conversation with Morris and told The Weekend Australian he was always open to exploring any avenue for making the Queensland Reds as strong as they could be.

“The QRU board will explore any opportunities to make QRU and the Reds more viable and sustainable,” Clark said. “We would talk to anyone.”

Clark, an ePharmacy co-founder who surfed the 1990s dot.com boom before selling in 2005 for a stake in retail giant Chemist Warehouse, said he was open-minded and would explore other ways to strengthen Queensland rugby.

“I try to look at it from how I work in business,” he said. “If you look at what we’ve achieved as a group in Chemist Warehouse, we broke the mould of what community pharmacy looked like … we’re now in four countries. We’ve got 650 stores with 25,000 staff.

“The point I’m making is, if you start looking at things in a different way, amazing things can happen.

“If there is synergistic value for the Reds, the ballet or the Olympics, by talking to people, either within our industry or outside our industry, I will have the conversation.”

It then goes off on it's own from there and brings in commentary about the Reds rejecting centralisation, conflating the two issues to a degree that I don't think holds up.

I think a merger is pretty out there and would be very unlikely to happen, but I'm happy to see the Reds explore these partnerships with other local sides. There has been good value in working with the Roar in the past and back around 2011 McKenzie, Postecoglou and Lehmann worked quite collaborative across the sports from a high performance perspective (others may have been involved too, but those 3 maintained the collaboration as they moved into national roles). There's a lot to be gained from working together on these things particularly in a city like Brisbane where we aren't awash with local sports teams like Sydney or Melbourne.

Sword of Justice

Nev Cottrell (35)
Somewhat surprising given JOC (James O'Connor)’s age but it may be a signal that a young half is about to be signed, possibly Gordon.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Somewhat surprising given JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)’s age but it may be a signal that a young half is about to be signed, possibly Gordon.
The Reds did state that they wanted to keep him, but Creighton felt he'd get more game time elsewhere which is fair enough. It definitely means there is more room for Gordon to come in, but I also don't know that we desperately need more than 3 flyhalves on the books, so it might depend on how cheaply they can get him.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Somewhat surprising given JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor)’s age but it may be a signal that a young half is about to be signed, possibly Gordon.
What about HMP?

He seemed pretty good when he got a chance.

I found it odd that he fell out of favour, I always wondered if something off the field happened because his on field performances were quite good, especially given his age and lack of experience at Super Level.