• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Queensland Reds 2025

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Vunivalu is signed for 2025 yes? I know it's only club rugby but he's been playing how a Wallaby should for Wests. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's finally finding his feet.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Vunivalu is signed for 2025 yes? I know it's only club rugby but he's been playing how a Wallaby should for Wests. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's finally finding his feet.
1725405052082.png

WoodysRFC

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've been wanting him to find his feet for years, always start the season optimistic, this year will be the same.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
It's the first time he's really looked the goods at club level. I think if he gets an offer elsewhere the Reds would happily release him at this stage, but he should otherwise get a good crack against Saitama and in Europe to show he still has something to offer. With Grealy and Petaia (probably) gone there should still be opportunity for him, even with Anderson coming in.

I'm not too fussed either way, but my ideal after that club final would be to release Vunivalu and pick up Mosese Dawai, he was close to best on ground for mine and moves very well for a big man.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
It's the first time he's really looked the goods at club level. I think if he gets an offer elsewhere the Reds would happily release him at this stage, but he should otherwise get a good crack against Saitama and in Europe to show he still has something to offer. With Grealy and Petaia (probably) gone there should still be opportunity for him, even with Anderson coming in.

I'm not too fussed either way, but my ideal after that club final would be to release Vunivalu and pick up Mosese Dawai, he was close to best on ground for mine and moves very well for a big man.
Reds outside backs looking a bit skinny, I think definitely should pick up Dawai for cheap, he's been amazing.

Really hoping Mason Gordon is offered a contract too.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mason Gordan is a Newstar boy from my understanding I expect him to end up in Japan
How is he playing? Only seen very limited bits and pieces and when they were trying to make him a 15 in the U20s which looked to not be going great. I was starting to think he was getting gigs because sides wanted his Brothers signature bit like Pococks brother getting a cheque from the Force for a while.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
How is he playing? Only seen very limited bits and pieces and when they were trying to make him a 15 in the U20s which looked to not be going great. I was starting to think he was getting gigs because sides wanted his Brothers signature bit like Pococks brother getting a cheque from the Force for a while.
He's been playing well for Wests at flyhalf mainly. Has his brother's pace and wide passing, doesn't seem to have the kicking yips fortunately but also don't think he's got Carter's dominant tackling.

House is on Fire

Frank Nicholson (4)
I played with Steve Pocock at Easts for a year, I think it was maybe 2010, somewhere around that time anyway. Best player on the field every time, we stopped awarding him 3-2-1 points after the second game. This was 4th grade, he played halfback (he'd never played there before). Dave would come watch the games on the 2nd or 3rd field at Bottomley most weeks, which was cool.

It was his first time playing rugby since he quite horrifically injured his back when he was a Force contracted player. By the time I knew him he only had ambitions to play rugby socially, because he enjoyed it, and he was easing himself back into it slowly - his professional aspirations were finished, due to the injury.

I never saw him play as a schoolboy or before his injury, but by all accounts he was very, very good.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Hearing rumours Tim Ryan is going to sign with Newcastle Knights.

not a bad move.
Considering RA only handing out 1 year contracts. If you can secure a multi year bag in the NRL - why risk it in rugby and getting a injury that puts your next contract negotiations in jeopardy

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
No way. In a weird way I’d wear that more heavily than the Carter Gordon loss. Gordon you can understand - jaded from his Wallabies debacle, Rebels just culled etc. But Ryan is just coming into his own, young guy and sky is the limit for him in rugby. I really hope that is bullshit.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hearing rumours Tim Ryan is going to sign with Newcastle Knights.
He's got a pretty strong background in touch and junior rugby league hasn't he?

For whatever reason rugby league has been in many of the articles on him this year. Clearly there's some interest there

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The rumour is that they've made a young Rugby winger an offer (thought to be Ryan by others), not so much that he's accepted it:

Rugby star on radar

Kiwi Test prop Leo Thompson's twin brother Tyrone may not be the only Super Rugby player signed by the Knights for next season.
We're told the club is closing in on the signature of a highly-regarded 19-year-old winger who featured in Super Rugby this year. He's expected to give the Knights an answer on a contract offer within the next week.
Meanwhile, Tyrone, a bigger version of Leo, will link with the Knights on a one-year development contract when pre-season training starts in November after a code switch. A former All Black, Tyrone has made 22 appearances for the Waikato Chiefs since 2022.

19 year old is not quite right for Ryan, but that could just be inaccuracy too.

With Grealy apparently leaving and given what I heard about his contract negotiations (they had more money to offer him, but he wanted more game time then he thought he would get at the reds) I'd expect the Reds to be willing and able to counter any offer the Knights made Ryan. Could be a bit of negotiation in it for an RA component too.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Geez we should be throwing the kitchen sink at keeping Ryan. He seems the best outside back prospect we have at the moment?
Yeah, though I doubt we'd need to break the bank. Just show him a bit of love from on high and a contract of reasonable length. He's already one of the most marketable players in the game and we should be capitalizing on that, though that probably says as much about how poor we are at creating those characters.

Would be a massive own goal to let him go to league if we can keep him after the year he's had.