• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I read cooper latest twitter. Not happy wit the organization of the ARU. Like the reds a few years back.
I have really been turned off with the wallabies under Deans and have lost interest in them. Have not even bother to get tickets. I just don't get excited about the games at the moment, boring rugby and I think the player are the same.

I would suggest his negotiations aren't going as well as he wanted. ie he wants lots of money and the ARU aren't prepared to match his expectations

Unfortunately for Mr Cooper nearly a year out of form has lowered his value

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Those tweets are not good, can only imagine the behind the scenes rubbish that prompted him to come out.

Don't know that it would be about pay. He can go anywhere and play but he wants to stay in Q.

Wonder how long till the whole story erupts. It was a slow burn in Queensland back in 2009 during that horrible season then it all happened within a couple if weeks.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
QC (Quade Cooper) needs to be actively playing rugby to keep his brain occupied on what matters. These injury lay offs just allow him time to reflect on things which are probably not conducive to a positive outlook on things.

Time off + smartphone + gen y = Not good.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In the olden days, you had a whinge to your mate in the bar over a beer or two about the coach or game plan or whatever. He may or may not have said some consoling words, but you had a bit of a chinwag about it. That was more or less the end of it. Your mate didn't go running off to the coach to say that "Hugh doesn't like you or your game plan". What was meant as a private conversation between mates stayed private.

Fast forward to now. Instead of whinging over a couple of beers with a mate, players now twitter or email that whinge to the world. It is hard for "things on tour, staying on tour" when the "things on tour" are recorded electronically and available to people who are "not on tour".

There are plenty of people who are out to pillory QC (Quade Cooper), and refer to him using all sorts of uncomplimentary names over these comments, when in many respects they are no different to what we used to say to our team mates. QC (Quade Cooper)'s "mistake" was to tell his whinge to the world.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It is a pretty big mistake though. Really stupid stuff.

He might outlast Deans, but he can't outlast the whole of the ARU (which he seems to be having a dig at).

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Plenty of Gaggerlanders have met the man, and no one has a bad word to say about him "in the flesh".

He does all the right things by the kids, signing autographs, hangs around with the fans etc.

Will someone advise him about G&GR? He can come on here, register under any sort of nickname he wants, and proceed to slag off the ARU and Dingo as much as he wants, like the rest of us do.

[Advertisment - We do have an ARU Positivity Thread if you have something nice to say about them ]

Job done. QC (Quade Cooper) has his rant. ARU noses are not out of joint.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Kiap,

Wrong thread.

Surely you meant this for the G&GR Stubby holder thread.

As it is, I'd order 6 of these. With a bit of photoshop manipulation (I hate imperial measures. Our cans are 330 ml not in fluid oz. A slight variation would go well in the G&GR shop, I reckon.
Seriously - Im up for 12 too: give it to clients at Xmas!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The podcast a few weeks back that had Blades on it sealed the deal that there was more than just a mere hint of smoke for me.

To save everyone time, I've already condensed the next 5 pages "get rid of Cooper, tell him to piss off to league, plays shit in Gold so good riddance" .

This is a process: you have to respect it and let it take its own course.
There are no short cuts!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Plenty of Gaggerlanders have met the man, and no one has a bad word to say about him "in the flesh".

He does all the right things by the kids, signing autographs, hangs around with the fans etc.

Will someone advise him about G&GR? He can come on here, register under any sort of nickname he wants, and proceed to slag off the ARU and Dingo as much as he wants, like the rest of us do.

[Advertisment - We do have an ARU Positivity Thread if you have something nice to say about them ]

Job done. QC (Quade Cooper) has his rant. ARU noses are not out of joint.
HJ - thats a wallabies positivity thread - either that or the ARU one has never come to the top!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
QC (Quade Cooper) has a fucking big gob, for someone who is playing shit.
And no it's not down to RD's game plan.
I am sure the game plan does not include tackling as optional only.
It would not promote getting kicks charged down, or throwing forward passes.
Would love to see the look on QC (Quade Cooper)'s face if RD got the bullet & then someone other than Link got the job.....

If Link is as good as we all think he is he's probably not too keen on this sort of sniping - isn't this kind of like the way Gitts behaved at the end?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
In the olden days, you had a whinge to your mate in the bar over a beer or two about the coach or game plan or whatever. He may or may not have said some consoling words, but you had a bit of a chinwag about it. That was more or less the end of it. Your mate didn't go running off to the coach to say that "Hugh doesn't like you or your game plan". What was meant as a private conversation between mates stayed private.

Fast forward to now. Instead of whinging over a couple of beers with a mate, players now twitter or email that whinge to the world. It is hard for "things on tour, staying on tour" when the "things on tour" are recorded electronically and available to people who are "not on tour".

There are plenty of people who are out to pillory QC (Quade Cooper), and refer to him using all sorts of uncomplimentary names over these comments, when in many respects they are no different to what we used to say to our team mates. QC (Quade Cooper)'s "mistake" was to tell his whinge to the world.

Only problem with your analogy is that they aren't allowed to go out for a beer anymore with their mates. And if they did they would probably be hassled by all and sundry for photos and autographs till the gorilla in the corner had worked up the courage to take a shot at them so he could tell his mates on Monday he faught Quade Cooper at the pub.

I do agree with your sentiment and I hate the twitter thing as well (not a member), but the world has changed significantly these last few years. Everyone says the internet changed the world, it did, but that was probably the smaller development compared to where mobile internet on smart phones/devices is taking us.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
HJ - thats a wallabies positivity thread - either that or the ARU one has never come to the top!

Balance in all things in life, ying and yang et al.

I have some history of observing sub-optimal performance from the St Leonards Bunker AKA ARU HQ, and posting about such on these threads.

To add some balance I started the ARU Positivity Thread. Same rules as Waratah Jesus's original for the Waratahs. Feel free to contribute something positive. It can be quite cathartic.

Link here or click on below
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...lian-rugby-union-aru-positivity-thread.11772/

Hasn't really come to the top as a Hot Thread yet, but give it time. 12 contributions so far, and some likes.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The rules for twitter are don't drink and tweet and if you are going to post a message that is fueled by emotion, dont tweet it straight away. Reflect on what you want to say in the cold light of day. On most occasions people don't tweet it.

Given how prolific Quade is on Twitter I'm surprised it's taken this long for him to do something like this.

Putting it in context, he is coming off a serious injury. His form isn't as good as he would like. He is frustrated by the game plan and is probably still smarting from the WRC strategy and the grief he copped by us on his Semi final performance which I believe wasn't entirely his fault. The contract negotiations are going on and on. He's pissed off that he has to have more work done on his knee. He goes into have the surgery and they're prepping him and the surgeon sees the cut near his knee, is worried about infection and postpones the surgery. It's just another frustration that is prolonging and aggravating the situation.

It's 11pm on the day your surgery is cancelled. You've just watched the NRL and AFL semi's which were reasonably exciting. It all comes to a head and you vent... Via Twitter to your 600k followers. Stupid move and time to get your head into gear. I hope he doesn't go down the Giteau route.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
One also wonders if he couldn't have played the next couple of games with the bit of meniscus sitting there. It isn't like he had to come off during the game?

J

Jiggles

The podcast a few weeks back that had Blades on it sealed the deal that there was more than just a mere hint of smoke for me.

What did Blades say on the podcast? I don't really get time to listen to it.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
...and if Quade hadn't stuffed around with Parramatta and only signed a 1 year deal he wouldn't be in the contracting mess he is facing now he is trying to prove his worth to the ARU when he is injured.

J

Jiggles

I would suggest his negotiations aren't going as well as he wanted. ie he wants lots of money and the ARU aren't prepared to match his expectations

Unfortunately for Mr Cooper nearly a year out of form has lowered his value

Right, so all and sundry have been criticizing the ARU, Deans and the way the wallabies have been playing for some time. But when someone who is in the middle of it comes out with his grievances, which supports the general hypothesis that has been developing for a number years, it is dismissed as a ploy for money?

If this was Archie's Dad coming out and saying this G&GR-land would be sharpening the pitchforks and getting a rope for Mr. Deans and Mr. O'Neil..

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Right, so all and sundry have been criticizing the ARU, Deans and the way the wallabies have been playing for some time. But when someone who is in the middle of it comes out with his grievances, which supports the general hypothesis that has been developing for a number years, it is dismissed as a ploy for money?

If this was Archie's Dad coming out and saying this G&GR-land would be sharpening the pitchforks and getting a rope for Mr. Deans and Mr. O'Neil..

if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has a unsigned contract about, and has Khoder Nasser as his agent - it is always about the money

Scotty

David Codey (61)
if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has a unsigned contract about, and has Khoder Nasser as his agent - it is always about the money

If Cooper was all about money as you are implying, then why has he re-signed with the Reds?

Are you saying he wrote about playing attacking rugby because of money? That he has tweeted about his frustrations with the ARU or coach solely due to money?

Status
Not open for further replies.