• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I respectfully disagree, Jiggles.

Haven't you been watching Scott Allen's analysis?

As far as a game plan is concerned there are a few obvious things:

1. He often can't get the players to play to it (so we don't know what the plan is)

2. It often changes - see our games this year for examples of this

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Lets look at how SBW is able to "target" Quade. He was able to because the ABs were going forwards at a rate of knots for most of the game. It's a lot easier to dictate the play when doing so. Look at the times when the ABs were caught trying to play behind the gain line and SBW trying to attack was cut down easily by A. Finger.

The point is that IMO the Wallabies are not getting enough go forward, compound that with poor execution, mistakes and aimless kicking an it would look as if there is nobody on the same page or no plan.

The clip they showed last night with Kafer showed a clear "gameplan" but it's executed going forward and with bodies in motion going forward.
Exactly. I'm sure I've banged on about this before - it is the speed of the recycle and getting to the next phase PLUS the fact the ABs seem to have attacking pods much better set, who come from depth at speed with someone on the hip most of the time. This dynamism is a big key, in my mind, to their success. Counter-attack is a variant where they, again, move it quickly to players at pace to fully capitalise on scrambling defensive players.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Haven't you been watching Scott Allen's analysis?

As far as a game plan is concerned there are a few obvious things:

1. He often can't get the players to play to it (so we don't know what the plan is)

2. It often changes - see our games this year for examples of this
I have actually Scotty.
I'm not sure how your post negates what I was saying, since your two points are not demonstrating that "There is no game plan".

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I think you will find SBW is used mostly as a battery g ram off set piece. But I am gonna let this die sully is about to have an aneurysm.........and I like sully so I don't want that guilt on me

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
"Battering ram" is a bit simplistic. It seems to imply he would run crash ball at defenders, when in reality he runs at gaps, draws as many defenders as possible and almost always offloads.

Don't know what you would call that though. Dual stage rocket?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I have actually Scotty.
I'm not sure how your post negates what I was saying, since your two points are not demonstrating that "There is no game plan".

The first bit was more in relation to Scott's blog about our lack of structure or 'phase play'.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I remember the tackle where Barnes came in to help cooper. Cooper had actually bent his back and gone low and looked to have it covered. Can't blame Barnes for coming in to help considering coopers normal defensive form, but the stupid thing that Barnes did was also go low, meaning that sbw was still able to pass as well as drawing two players!

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Hugh, it's enough to drive a man to drink.....

iXFjXbQ6awVes.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Kiap,

Wrong thread.

Surely you meant this for the G&GR Stubby holder thread.

As it is, I'd order 6 of these. With a bit of photoshop manipulation (I hate imperial measures. Our cans are 330 ml not in fluid oz. A slight variation would go well in the G&GR shop, I reckon.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
^^^^

Sounds a bit poisonous at Club Wallaby, or at least in the that part of the Club that is open to QC (Quade Cooper).
]
Where there is smoke...

The podcast a few weeks back that had Blades on it sealed the deal that there was more than just a mere hint of smoke for me.

To save everyone time, I've already condensed the next 5 pages "get rid of Cooper, tell him to piss off to league, plays shit in Gold so good riddance" .

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Kiap,

Wrong thread.

Surely you meant this for the G&GR Stubby holder thread.

As it is, I'd order 6 of these. With a bit of photoshop manipulation (I hate imperial measures. Our cans are 330 ml not in fluid oz. A slight variation would go well in the G&GR shop, I reckon.
Fair points - copied from t'internet and it didn't fully translate from 'Yank' for me.

On topic, though, I think QC (Quade Cooper) has just about used all his petrol vouchers now with Robbie Deans.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Don't you get the feeling that this is a bit like commuting to work across the harbour bridge?

Only today the traffic is much slower than normal, and as you approach the broken down car or crashed car/s that is the cause of all the delay, you in turn have to slow down to get a good rubber neck at the scene. You know it is an accident, You know that there is nothing that you can do to help. You have to slow down.

The rugby public have been slowed down in a metaphorical traffic jam. We are nearly at the scene of the accident. We just need to know what is going on between Deans and QC (Quade Cooper).

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
QC (Quade Cooper) has a fucking big gob, for someone who is playing shit.
And no it's not down to RD's game plan.
I am sure the game plan does not include tackling as optional only.
It would not promote getting kicks charged down, or throwing forward passes.
Would love to see the look on QC (Quade Cooper)'s face if RD got the bullet & then someone other than Link got the job.............

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I read cooper latest twitter. Not happy wit the organization of the ARU. Like the reds a few years back.
I have really been turned off with the wallabies under Deans and have lost interest in them. Have not even bother to get tickets. I just don't get excited about the games at the moment, boring rugby and I think the player are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.