• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Balance in all things in life, ying and yang et al.

I have some history of observing sub-optimal performance from the St Leonards Bunker AKA ARU HQ, and posting about such on these threads.

To add some balance I started the ARU Positivity Thread. Same rules as Waratah Jesus's original for the Waratahs. Feel free to contribute something positive. It can be quite cathartic.

Link here or click on below
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...lian-rugby-union-aru-positivity-thread.11772/

Hasn't really come to the top as a Hot Thread yet, but give it time. 12 contributions so far, and some likes.
If I need it I know where to find it.
Next there'll be a JON positivity thread.....I can see the first post now: 1 more year!
Edit: your rules suck.....no sarcastic positivity eh? Bruce Ross will not be sighted in that thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If Cooper was all about money as you are implying, then why has he re-signed with the Reds?

Are you saying he wrote about playing attacking rugby because of money? That he has tweeted about his frustrations with the ARU or coach solely due to money?

Mate, I am a cynic

If cooper wasn't about the money, why hasn't he already signed with the ARU?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Mate, I am a cynic

If cooper wasn't about the money, why hasn't he already signed with the ARU?

I am sure he wants money. But it is a different thing to say it is always about money or he is about money.

We don't know what the aru have offered - maybe it is less than what he is currently on? Arguably he is now worth more since he has improved his tackling game (other areas need improvement at the moment but he has proven that he can perform in these areas in the past and he is likely to keep getting better given his age).

If the aru are offering less it is a bit about money but also a bit about respect. How did the reds manage to sign him so quickly compared to the aru? Respect goes both ways.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
I'm sorry to have to be the one tosay it, but if this wasn't a reds player the reaction would be totally different. Quade thinks he is above responsibility for his own form, it's always someone else's fault as Everytime he has got into trouble has been. Time to grow up.
I don't know how far back you'veone to cover that statement but the Quade of the lst year and more has put up his hand to take the fair share of the blame when he has made some bad choices...thats right, being a Reds player it probably doesn't make good readingviewing outside Brisbane!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Quade should stop criticising the coach and start criticising his backline who want to chip kick and grubber their way to mediocrity

Deans doesn't make them do stupid chip kicks out of their own red zone or stupid grubbers everytime they see space

Can't see that happening anytime soon after this latest comment.

I am allowed from February to may sir RT @lachlanstuart: @QuadeCooper Wish you were allowed to play rugby your way! The freakish way!

https://twitter.com/QuadeCooper/status/249450985548824576

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Wow - genie is out of the bottle. Doesn't look like Quade reckon Robbie'll be calling the shots come Lions time?

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
This is poor form, yet somehow the ARU will get the blame for a petulant child having a cry. Just tell the guy he isn't wanted and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Between LILO, JOC (James O'Connor) & Barnes we have him covered.

W

Waylon

It doesn't send a good message to his employers whether Deans is retained or not

The ARU and team management will not be impressed with his latest social media foot in mouth disease

Cooper has the self destruction gene

2013 will see Cooper in mungoes, getting in drunken brawls near Bondi, defaecating on median strips and being washed up at 28............fast forward to 40.........broke, arthritic, unemployable, dribbling about how he could have been one of the Greats..........and the kids avoiding him because they think he's a drunken loser

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This is poor form, yet somehow the ARU will get the blame for a petulant child having a cry. Just tell the guy he isn't wanted and wish him well in his future endeavors.

Between LILO, JOC (James O'Connor) & Barnes we have him covered.
The 3 of them should just about do it.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Between feb & may he may play the way he wants but remember in what, about 5 years now he has only played well for less than 2 seasons of that.

W

Waylon

Cooper is the best 10 in this country

Unfortunately his emotional intelligence is well south of where it needs to be

R

randalf8

He suffers from poor judgement, both on the field and off.

His coach needs to manage this and the length of the leash he keeps him on (on the field), and his manager should do the same off the field.

If he was carving up the oppo on a regular basis I would have no problem with him speaking out. I don't really have a problem with it anyway, but I do wish he'd start to realise his promise more often out in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.