• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dear Mr Cooper:
I am writing in regards to your recent comments about the style of the Wallabies. I understand that in recent years results may not have gone our way, but we are the second placed team in the world, and we recently showed plenty of guts in performances against two of the better teams in world rugby as well as beating the six nations champions 3-0. So it's not doom and gloom as you may suggest. Junior participation numbers and TV rating are on the rise, so you need to be careful when you spark a debate about the quality of this game, especially when we compete with NRL and the AFL.

Also, I would like to remind you, in case you have forgotten, that it is an honour and a privilege, not a right to play for your national side, and personally, I would give my life to be able to take the field for my country, and there are many people who would do the same and gladly not be paid for it. I do understand that you may have some extra time on your hands after the latest recursion of your knee injury, however instead of tweeting and speaking to the media, there are a few things that I believe would be a better use of your time:
  • Completing tertiary education
  • Participating in community programs with the Reds
  • Helping coaching at your local club
  • Communicating to your employers about your future employment
  • Planning a business or career for life after rugby
If nothing on this list catches your eye, you could always work on your upper body strength in the gym, as well as working on your passing game, or watching footage of great flyhalves such as Michael Lyngah, Stephen Larkham, Mark Ella or Dan Carter to further your knowledge of decision taking in the game. The ARU also offer SmartRugby, coaching and refereeing courses (which I am sure could be subsidised for you). These courses are very well run and serve to educate patrons on how to play, coach and referee rugby safely. Personally, it has helped me with my defensive game and has greatly increased my appreciation of rugby itself, the coaches and referees at grassroots level, and the amount of effort that is put into the ARU to run there programs for our benefit. It is important to keep in mind that the ARU is Australia Rugby governing body, not a cash machine, and that operation Quade Cooper is not high on their priority list, if at all. However, since you are paid by the ARU, it may be wise to cease in their defamation, lest you take a salary cut next year.

None of us would want that.

Kind regards,
Jake.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Dear Mr Cooper:
I am writing in regards to your recent comments about the style of the Wallabies. I understand that in recent years results may not have gone our way, but we are the second placed team in the world, and we recently showed plenty of guts in performances against two of the better teams in world rugby as well as beating the six nations champions 3-0. So it's not doom and gloom as you may suggest. Junior participation numbers and TV rating are on the rise, so you need to be careful when you spark a debate about the quality of this game, especially when we compete with NRL and the AFL.

Also, I would like to remind you, in case you have forgotten, that it is an honour and a privilege, not a right to play for your national side, and personally, I would give my life to be able to take the field for my country, and there are many people who would do the same and gladly not be paid for it. I do understand that you may have some extra time on your hands after the latest recursion of your knee injury, however instead of tweeting and speaking to the media, there are a few things that I believe would be a better use of your time:
If nothing on this list catches your eye, you could always work on your upper body strength in the gym, as well as working on your passing game, or watching footage of great flyhalves such as Michael Lyngah, Stephen Larkham, Mark Ella or Dan Carter to further your knowledge of decision taking in the game. The ARU also offer SmartRugby, coaching and refereeing courses (which I am sure could be subsidised for you). These courses are very well run and serve to educate patrons on how to play, coach and referee rugby safely. Personally, it has helped me with my defensive game and has greatly increased my appreciation of rugby itself, the coaches and referees at grassroots level, and the amount of effort that is put into the ARU to run there programs for our benefit. It is important to keep in mind that the ARU is Australia Rugby governing body, not a cash machine, and that operation Quade Cooper is not high on their priority list, if at all. However, since you are paid by the ARU, it may be wise to cease in their defamation, lest you take a salary cut next year.

Kind regards,
Jake.
Came someone please tweet this to him great post!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Dear Mr Cooper:

Kind regards,
Jake.

Just because Cooper doesn't keep you personally abreast of his every activity, doesn't mean they are only limited to what you see (Twitter). Do you think he doesn't participate in community programs with the Reds? Do you really think he isn't negotiating with his employers about his future employment? Do you really think he hasn't considered his life after rugby just because he hasn't communicated it to you? I can assure you that Cooper does all of these things. I have a sneaking suspicion he is aware of gym work and rehabilitation too.

It is hard to express just how much twaddle this is.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I didn't mention tertiary education - however he definitely does each of the others. Despite not telling us all personally.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Then I suggest he would be better served, by tweeting about the good things he is doing, rather than criticising those he has a professional relationship with, or tweeting about what sort of pizza he is eating.
All I ever hear about QC (Quade Cooper) off the field are negative things, most of it generated by him.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Then I suggest he would be better served, by tweeting about the good things he is doing, rather than criticising those he has a professional relationship with, or tweeting about what sort of pizza he is eating.
All I ever hear about QC (Quade Cooper) off the field are negative things, most of it generated by him.

Yes nothing like having to listen to somebody tell you about all the good they do for the world. We'd never cut down the tall poppy. That only happens elsewhere.

This thing will run its course. No sense in sending letters to him through Gagger telling him to do more good with his time then tell us about it all.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just because Cooper doesn't keep you personally abreast of his every activity, doesn't mean they are only limited to what you see (Twitter). Do you think he doesn't participate in community programs with the Reds? Do you really think he isn't negotiating with his employers about his future employment? Do you really think he hasn't considered his life after rugby just because he hasn't communicated it to you? I can assure you that Cooper does all of these things. I have a sneaking suspicion he is aware of gym work and rehabilitation too.
Sorry, maybe I should have made this point a bit clearer, as this is what I wanted to really stick out.

Also, I would like to remind you, in case you have forgotten, that it is an honour and a privilege, not a right to play for your national side, and personally, I would give my life to be able to take the field for my country, and there are many people who would do the same and gladly not be paid for it.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)

Well stop wasting your time on Twitter reading about the mundane shit that people do.
I prefer just to deal with my own mundane shit.

If you cared to delve a bit deeper you'd find that Quade is actually quite the philanthropist with his time and some of the criticisms on this thread are ignorant & way out of order.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
phi·lan·thro·py (f-lnthr-p)
n. pl. phi·lan·thro·pies
1. The effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind, as by charitable aid or donations.
2. Love of humankind in general.
3. Something, such as an activity or institution, intended to promote human welfare.

Penguin - perhaps you could give some examples of how Quade earns the right to be the above.

(contractual obligated visits to rugby programs and hospitals don't count)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
phi·lan·thro·py (f-lnthr-p)
n. pl. phi·lan·thro·pies
1. The effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind, as by charitable aid or donations.
2. Love of humankind in general.
3. Something, such as an activity or institution, intended to promote human welfare.

Penguin - perhaps you could give some examples of how Quade earns the right to be the above.

(contractual obligated visits to rugby programs and hospitals don't count)
I'm not sure how Penguin would find this out. Especially with the narrow criteria you've imposed.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'm well aware of what the word means WJ. Who says that visits to schools, rugby programs, hospitals and less privileged kids are all contractually obligated? It's been well documented that he spends time doing positive things in society, I'm not going to search them out to prove a point because I'm not the one pointing the finger at him for not doing anything at all!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It's a pretty strong word. Pocock would be worthy of its use, I'm not sure how you would refer to Quade as such.

I'm not saying he does nothing and I disagree with people saying he doesn't. Yet I don't believe he does anything above and beyond the norm expected of a modern day footballer to consider excusing his repeated poor judgement.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Mate, he's what, 23? I wish I could be the one to say I made no poor judgments at that stage of my life.
Also I didn't say he was a philanthropist per se, I said he was with his time.... as I understand it from what I've read in the media the past few years. I'd also say the same about the Faainga twins.

And you are correct, Pocock probably would be one of the few who is worthy of the word in it's true sense.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Is that just a feeling or have you done something to back up that feeling? How much charity work would he have to do to 'earn the right' to be a philanthropist? And are you the sole judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.