• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

randalf8

I would accept the knee as a reason for poor performances after the knee, not really those before it.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
We get it. You don't like him. No need to repeat yourself over and over.

BTW I wouldn't swap him for any of the dozen or so flyhalfs NSW have played in that 5 year period.

When did I say I didn't like him?

I don't like his judgement in this situation and believe his words are both arrogant and stupid.

If he concentrated on developing his core skills whilst also developing some mutuality and leadership ability perhaps the coaching staff would listen to his opinion instead of him having to express it on twitter.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
When did I say I didn't like him?

I don't like his judgement in this situation and believe his words are both arrogant and stupid.

If he concentrated on developing his core skills whilst also developing some mutuality and leadership ability perhaps the coaching staff would listen to his opinion instead of him having to express it on twitter.
If this is how you talk about someone you like.....

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Actually I just don't get the outrage at all. Most people agree that Deans has been pretty crap but a player comes out and says as much and you're outraged. As for repeating myself I was simple replying to you.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It is outrageous. In the guise of "player power" complaining publicly about your team is pretty up there. I don't deny quades ability, but his judgement deserves punishment as otherwise who exactly is in charge?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
...We don't know what the aru have offered - maybe it is less than what he is currently on? Arguably he is now worth more since he has improved his tackling game (other areas need improvement at the moment but he has proven that he can perform in these areas in the past and he is likely to keep getting better given his age).

If the aru are offering less it is a bit about money but also a bit about respect. How did the reds manage to sign him so quickly compared to the aru? Respect goes both ways.
No chance in the world is he worth what he was when he signed his last contract.
The Reds managed to sign him quickly because there is a limit to what they can offer him,and the contract is conditional upon him agreeing to a top up with the ARU.He can walk away from the Reds anytime he likes until he agrees to term with the ARU.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It is outrageous. In the guise of "player power" complaining publicly about your team is pretty up there. I don't deny quades ability, but his judgement deserves punishment as otherwise who exactly is in charge?
Good question. Who is in charge of the stuff the national team has been serving up?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He's played a handful of games this year clearly not fully recovered from a major knee injury and the rabble are out to crucify him.
Sully, Benn Robinson has played at times poorly, no doubt in part due to poor recovery from knee surgery. He's copped plenty too. It swings many ways. I don't condone bashing Quade, but I still think he has not done enough this season to really justify a spray like his. If we all loved a coach and a player gobbed off like this, I think he response might be otherwise. Common sense tells me he ought to be more sanguine with his words.
I hope he stays, comes to terms, and steps up. He has plenty of talent.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Not much of a spray. Pretty clumsy comment re Feb to May, rare for him to actually tweet something interesting. Lots of amusing indignation here and in the media though.

Maybe I'm just not paying attention but it's a shame that the OZ rugby vacuum apparently is insufficiently filled by club finals between TRC games to the point that this crap generates a media and web frenzy

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Not much of a spray. Pretty clumsy comment re Feb to May, rare for him to actually tweet something interesting. Lots of amusing indignation here and in the media though.

Maybe I'm just not paying attention but it's a shame that the OZ rugby vacuum apparently is insufficiently filled by club finals between TRC games to the point that this crap generates a media and web frenzy

Final in Brisbane today!

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I dont follow twitter that closely. Do the NRL and AFL having players mouth off their coaches in public?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I dont follow twitter that closely. Do the NRL and AFL having players mouth off their coaches in public?

The Wobs don't mouth off either. There must be something really wrong, it will get cleared up. Quade is not operating in a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.