• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Right, that's it. This whole business has gone from the really unusual to the totally bizarre. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Quade.

Quade, what do you want - a genuine chance of playing 10 for the Wallabies against the B&I Lions, or the chance to throw a few punches against a whinging Steffensen?

Granted, we'd all like to do both, but since it has to be one or the other...

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Quade is going to Box against John Steffensen

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/steffensen-on-course-for-stoush-with-cooper-20121122-29s0f.html

Seriously? Quade is 20kg heavier and than Steffensen

Found out about this just now. If this whole thing involving Quade wasn't sad enough already it definitely is sad now. If this is not a deliberate media beat up by his management then he is genuinely super confused about what he wants to do & if that is how it is I feel sorry for him.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
I found the last line of that article pretty amusing

"In a bizarre twist some rugby officials could well be in Steffensen's corner urging him to rip Cooper's head off while some athletics officials would undoubtedly cheer for the Wallaby to chop their running man to pieces."

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
That last story is clearly total bullshit.

There is no way Nasser would let Quade's first pro fight be against a guy that has any realistic chance of beating him. Look at the mugs Mundine & SBW started against.

I'm more chance of being Quade's first opponent than Steffenson is.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The media conference is on Monday because that's when he's expected back at Reds training.

Apparently he is on annual leave. I know I turn off my business phone when I'm taking a holiday, otherwise it's not much of a holiday.

Whether or not it's true QC (Quade Cooper) is on holiday I don't know.
It used to be you could believe half of what you read in the papers, now it's at about 10%

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Apparently he is on annual leave. I know I turn off my business phone when I'm taking a holiday, otherwise it's not much of a holiday.

Whether or not it's true QC (Quade Cooper) is on holiday I don't know.
It used to be you could believe half of what you read in the papers, now it's at about 10%

Yeah you're right. Holidays much be much more important than having your phone on so fuckit. Who cares about contracts and such mere trivialities. :rolleyes:

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That last story is clearly total bullshit.

There is no way Nasser would let Quade's first pro fight be against a guy that has any realistic chance of beating him. Look at the mugs Mundine & SBW started against.

I'm more chance of being Quade's first opponent than Steffenson is.

If it wasn't for my bum shoulder I'd call him out.

I'm a 43 year old mug.

I have a bronze medal from an under nine boxing tournament. (There were only three boxers). Reckon I could take him.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Channel 9 news tonight featured Danny Weidler with a 'scoop' of some description on QC (Quade Cooper). Can't believe that this guy is still considered to be an independent journalist. He seems to act as the publicist for Nasser clients.

This seems to confirm the circus/soap opera like nature of the whole QC (Quade Cooper) episode.

To paraphrase Oliver Cromwell 'for God's sake just go'

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Yeah you're right. Holidays much be much more important than having your phone on so fuckit. Who cares about contracts and such mere trivialities. :rolleyes:

So you continue to do business whilst on holiday? I don't, I go on a holiday to have a break from it all. Come back refreshed with a clear mind. I think it's a fair call for QC (Quade Cooper) to not deal with it till he's finished his annual leave..... if, indeed that is the case.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
When my Quadey's belting off a tweet
I see Red, I see Red, I see Red
How could someone take his ball and leave?
I see Reeee-ed, I see Red!
RED!
I see Red!
I regret your issues
Khoder gave such shit advice
What to do, without you?
Squeezed us out of your life
Off to train to box a lightweight
We feel used, and spat out
Poor old weeeeee!!!
When my Quadey's belting off a tweet
How could someone take his ball and leave
I see Reeee-ed, I see Red!
RED!
I see Red!
Now if only I can get a tune to go with it? ;)
Yes, I have too much time on my hands.​

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
So you continue to do business whilst on holiday? I don't, I go on a holiday to have a break from it all. Come back refreshed with a clear mind. I think it's a fair call for QC (Quade Cooper) to not deal with it till he's finished his annual leave... if, indeed that is the case.
His publicist "broke" a story that he was quitting.His response was to turn his phone off and to ignore calls from his coach and his team mate/s.
He is supposed to have a personal relationship with these people and he treats them like something you scrape off your shoes.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
If it wasn't for my bum shoulder I'd call him out.

I'm a 43 year old mug.

I have a bronze medal from an under nine boxing tournament. (There were only three boxers). Reckon I could take him.
You could beat him even if you were 34 years younger.
What a fucking shame he doesn't want be a UFC fighter.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
His publicist "broke" a story that he was quitting.His response was to turn his phone off and to ignore calls from his coach and his team mate/s.
He is supposed to have a personal relationship with these people and he treats them like something you scrape off your shoes.

I don't know anything about publicists & such... I only know that an untrustworthy league journalist "broke" the story in a news bulletin.
I'm not making excuses for him, just repeating what I'd read and that much doesn't seem out of order to me.
I guess all will be revealed come Monday.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Found out about this just now. If this whole thing involving Quade wasn't sad enough already it definitely is sad now. If this is not a deliberate media beat up by his management then he is genuinely super confused about what he wants to do & if that is how it is I feel sorry for him.
Lets make this interesting: should be kick boxing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.