• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bon

Ward Prentice (10)
I guess all will be revealed come Monday. The drama of this whole saga is even exceeding the drivel and nonsense we had to endure with SBW. I was pleased to see him piss off,and I hope he never returns.Whilst Williams is good, he is not worth the circus/baggage/media attention that he brings with him.Our backline looks far more settled at present. I suspect it is much the same with Cooper. I think Australian rugby should move on, you have produced some great backs in the past,and I have no doubt you will again.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
this whole thing is gossip city, this from the terror

The Daily Telegraph understands that ARU chairman Michael Hawker was identified as the architect of the offer that had withdrawn a top-up deal worth about $200,000 a year from an original offer that Cooper did not sign three months earlier.

blah blah blah ................... Nasser is believed to be exploring options for Cooper in European rugby and the NRL. .................

........................blah blah blah ...................

Cooper will outline his future at a media conference on Monday, during which he will promote his boxing debut on the Sonny Bill Williams-Francois Botha undercard in February.

Meanwhile, boxer Sam Soliman says Cooper will make a successful switch to pugilism after holding secret training sessions with the rugby star.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...quit-rugby-union/story-fn8ti7yn-1226521621428

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Like it or not, professional rugby today is all about the media.
The ARU in the case of QC (Quade Cooper) have handled their media relations very poorly, and only see fit to have David Nucifora (despised by many, incl. ex Brumby/wallaby players), whilst living it up in Europe, finally make a form of explanation.
Even then, he is not sounding in any way conciliatory, more the 'what we did was right", and "the ignorant so-and-so won't even answer our calls".
This is the perception I am now seeing from the media, and it doesn't read well for the ARU.
I think, rather than half of the ARU swanning it around the chateaus of Europe, that they should realize there is a major bush fire in their home yard, about to damage their facade, and they should be doing what they can to minimize that damage.
Agree or disagree with QC (Quade Cooper)'s actions and treatment, there are 115 pages, 63,000 views, and approx. 2,300 posting for this thread. Nobody else has created such intense feeling in the code. If the ARU fail to regain any initiative, then the long term ramifications don't bear thinking about.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Like it or not, professional rugby today is all about the media.
The ARU in the case of QC (Quade Cooper) have handled their media relations very poorly, and only see fit to have David Nucifora (despised by many, incl. ex Brumby/wallaby players), whilst living it up in Europe, finally make a form of explanation.
Even then, he is not sounding in any way conciliatory, more the 'what we did was right", and "the ignorant so-and-so won't even answer our calls".
This is the perception I am now seeing from the media, and it doesn't read well for the ARU.
I think, rather than half of the ARU swanning it around the chateaus of Europe, that they should realize there is a major bush fire in their home yard, about to damage their facade, and they should be doing what they can to minimize that damage.
Agree or disagree with QC (Quade Cooper)'s actions and treatment, there are 115 pages, 63,000 views, and approx. 2,300 posting for this thread. Nobody else has created such intense feeling in the code. If the ARU fail to regain any initiative, then the long term ramifications don't bear thinking about.

The ARU can't and shouldn't disclose contract negotiations. If they did, half this thread would be complaining about their lack of professionalism over that.

As for Nucifora's comments and being in Europe (with the Wallabies o_O) meh,this hasn't been about "conciliatory" actions ever since it was taken public.

It appears to me Cooper is gone and this build up to Monday is just promotion for his new career in Foxy Boxing

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Do Khoder Nasser manage anyone else? I am worried there will be others who will put us and our game through these shenaningans.

ag0044

Frank Row (1)
I'm no fan of the ARU, nor of Cooper.

This whole matter stinks of manipulation of the media and thus, of the public. [I'd like to know what the experts - the Gruen panel? - make of all this.]

Perhaps I'm naive, but why, ON EARTH, is the media conference not until Monday? Whatever Cooper's decision, why does he need to wait until then? In addition to the flood of rumour, innuendo, gossip and leaks that we've had so far, I fully expect that there are some "revelations" to come before Monday.

It's all manipulation.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
D

daz

Agree or disagree with QC (Quade Cooper)'s actions and treatment, there are 115 pages, 63,000 views, and approx. 2,300 posting for this thread.

Don't forget the most important fun-stat of all: 80% of the posts in this thread have been done by the same 6 people*.

*Completely made up stat, but it sure seems true.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
If you've seen John Steffensen he will look like that wearing adult boxing gloves.

I hope they both knock themselves out climbing over the ropes. Do they need to make boxing any more of a farce?

Reminds me of Ben Johnson. After he ruined his career he resorted to tacky ways to earn money by running in races against horses.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
90% of a fight like this is all about the media beat-up beforehand including the press conferences and weigh-ins.

You can imagine that Steffensen and Cooper would give each other heaps (verbally) and it will all be about the show.

Being their first fights, when it comes to the actual boxing, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 3 round fight with barely a punch laid.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
the only things is Steffensen actually knows how to box he was the WA golden glove in his teens so i would love to see him give it to Quade.

Status
Not open for further replies.