• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
How many contracting managers does the aru have: one quote says Carroll the other says a bloke I've never heard of.
No wonder there's no communication.
These aren't contracting managers they're expanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Surely this changes everything and people that defended Quade can no longer.

Why? The ARU can't get onto Nasser. Quade hasn't said anything which is what the ARU wants from him. All we have is a rumour from a mungo reporter. Still waiting for all the facts.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
How many contracting managers does the aru have: one quote says Carroll the other says a bloke I've never heard of.
No wonder there's no communication.
These aren't contracting managers they're expanding.

Well I think the situation probably panned out like this:

Matt Carroll: Hey Hawko, did you get hold of Nasser yet?
Richard Hawkins: No Matty, still trying

Carroll: NO! Are you fucking serious? It's been two weeks? Give me the bloody phone.

khoder's phone: Hellooooooo, you've reached the phone of me. If you would like to offer Quade a rookie contract press 1. If you would like to offer him one billion dollars press 2. If you are from Japan, France or the NRL press 3. If you are Don King press 4.

Carroll: fuuuuuuuuuckkk!! (turning to the office). Does anyone here know how to contact Nasser?
Office junior: perhaps you could ask Buzz Aldrin?

Carroll: that's NASA you moron. I want Khoder Nasser. I've got Wayne Smith giving us grief in the Australian, this is no time for jokes.

Office junior: Cyclopath from G&GR lives near him perhaps he could pop over and ask him to drop you a line.

Carroll: Right who knows how to contact Cyclopath?

Office junior: I've actually got an appointment next Tuesday to see him.

Carroll: Tuesday, that's too late. Get an appointment for tomorrow.

Office junior: I can't he is fully booked up.

Carroll: I don't give a vas deferens, get an appointment tomorrow or I'll give you a vasectomy myself using this stapler.

I have it on good authority from Danny Wielder that is exactly how it panned out.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Interesting fact about Buzz Aldrin. Did you know his mother's name was Marion Moon?
He came from the moon destined to step on the moon.

Thank god her name wasn't Marion Dubbo. That would have been the crappiest space mission ever.

Neil Armstrong: One small step for mankind, one giant. .. ohhh fuck I just trod in elephant crap

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Wait.

What?

On thinking further about it you are prob right.

Nucifora claiming his offer was very good and well above a rookie contract. Is he playing straight or trying to sway public opinion? Probably somewhere in between.

If it is true and he walks, good riddance, he didn't want to be here. He will have burned most bridges allowing him back (but look at SBW for proof that time heals all with his NRL return). The Reds, ARU, his fans and half the rugby journalists in the country will have been played and have egg on there faces.

Can't wait for Monday.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
This tread was depressing me so I took the dog for a walk. Nothing like trying to pick up a steamy turd in the dark to focus the mind.

P

Paradox

Surely this changes everything and people that defended Quade can no longer.

I'm still defending him until the facts come out. If his contract offer is substantial relative to other players then I won't defend him .

O

Ole Two Blue

On thinking further about it you are prob right.

Nucifora claiming his offer was very good and well above a rookie contract. Is he playing straight or trying to sway public opinion? Probably somewhere in between.

If it is true and he walks, good riddance, he didn't want to be here. He will have burned most bridges allowing him back (but look at SBW for proof that time heals all with his NRL return). The Reds, ARU, his fans and half the rugby journalists in the country will have been played and have egg on there faces.

Can't wait for Monday.

If Nuci wants to sway public opinion, then he should do us all a favour and resign.

This debacle and the inconsistency of our national team is on his watch.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Quade Cooper aims to fix Wallabies' "toxic environment"
  • September 23, 201210:15PM
    688694-quade-cooper.jpg

OUTSPOKEN playmaker Quade Cooper has labelled the Wallabies a "toxic environment" but says it's one he wants to fix.
A frustrated Cooper on Sunday night denied he was attempting to undermine coach Robbie Deans following a series of negative Twitter posts against the Australian Rugby Union and the Wallabies set-up.
But the sidelined five-eighth, whose own future in the game now appears shaky, felt he needed to speak out about in-house problems within the national team.
Cooper started speaking his mind on Thursday when he criticised Australia's boring style, warning they would continue to lose fans and Bledisloe Tests against New Zealand with conservative tactics.
Then among a series of controversial tweets on Saturday, he said he was only allowed to play his exciting game in Super Rugby for Queensland and might join close friend Sonny Bill Williams in the NRL next season.

Cooper said the tweets were not an attack on Deans but the whole Wallabies/ARU set-up - players, selectors, officials and coaches alike - which he believed was a far cry from the professionalism of the Reds.
"There's a lot of people who are afraid to say what they feel so they just go along with it and nothing is going to change," he told AAP on Sunday night.
"That's why I feel so strongly as a player. I don't want to be involved in the toxic environment, and that's how it is at the moment.
"It's an environment where things aren't going according to plan and everyone is looking to point the finger."
Cooper stressed he loved the code and would continue to play under Deans, who is under pressure to keep his job from Reds coach Ewen McKenzie.
"All I want to do is fix the problems and get on with it and win rugby games," the 24-year-old said.
"But if to say that Ewen is the next coach of course I would support that.
"That's not to say I'm not supporting Robbie. He's done a lot for me as a kid coming through.
"I'm very respectful to Robbie and I'm very thankful to Robbie as well for giving me the opportunity that he has.
"But for me it's about bettering myself and bettering the country and I'm just sick of losing to the All Blacks.
"I hate losing."
Cooper also identified poor selections as an impediment and cited the late, but successful, Test call-up of Reds winger Dom Shipperley due to injuries as an example of form Super Rugby players being overlooked.
The 38-Test five-eighth signed a three-year contract to remain with Queensland in June but with ARU negotiations dragging on there's concerns he'll be lost to rugby.
"I don't want to come across as a mercenary but I feel very strongly about how this is run because I'm part of it and I want to succeed," he said.
"There would have to be big things to take me away from the game but at the same time I don't want to be a pawn in things that aren't moving forward."

Just thought I would post this again highlighting what I thought were valid and to some degree insightful comments.

If you were to view this from a totally unbiased point of view, it would appear to be someone who is trying to improve Aus rugby.

Whether his approach and delivery is particularly good is obviously questionable, but again if you can look at what he is trying to to say, I believe that he is attempting to make a positive contribution to the state of Australian rugby.

The vast majority of the 2280 posts in this thread have been about the fact that Quade raised these points. The same points I may add that the bulk of this forum have been making for some considerable period of time. However because it was Quade that brought it out into the mainstream he has been pilloried.

There has been numerous posts portraying his statements as an unhappy employee, wanting more money, too big headed etc.

Just for a moment consider the view that he is a whistleblower. Someone that is so fed up with trying to make change from within, along with a number of other players and administrators and followers like us, and it isn't occuring.

And we are continuing to go downhill in terms of our rankings. We are no longer No 2, which was seemingly our catchcry, and don't even look like beating ABs, with no plan in place to rectify the situation (actually total capitulation in this regard from our national coach) because we are not playing our traditional style of rugby

And so Quade finally feels he has to speak out.

And the result, he is absolutely crucified.

I believe there are three reasons:-

1 Rugby is old school. You do not question your superiors. Whether you are right or wrong it does not matter. You rock the boat and you will be punished, to the extreme

2 Its Quade. He could have stood up and stated that RD is the best coach we have ever had, and the same people who are shooting him down in flames would still do the same. He is a polarising personality so the words he utters make no difference, same as ford/holden, labor/liberal, climate alarmists/deniers. Nothing will change.

3 And most importantly, the way OUR game is administered is an absolute joke. Petty men who think they are bigger than OUR game. Petty pathetic people whose main consideration is their own status. Yes ARU board I am referring to you. The "Keeper of the Game". The trouble is that the game is OUR game, not your social standing.

If Quade Cooper leaves rugby because of the incompetence of the ARU, not only will we lose a very large number of kids coming through, and a lot of money and support, we will lose an enormous amount of respect for our game.

An Independant Commission for Autralian Rugby cannot come soon enough.

We need people who will govern in the best interests of our game!

And that includes a coach who can bring out the best in his players. Is that too much to ask?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
:( I feel so dirty............

STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS YOU ARSEHOLES :mad:

(Not that I have emotions, being a man and all)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
If Nuci wants to sway public opinion, then he should do us all a favour and resign.

This debacle and the inconsistency of our national team is on his watch.

You have too much faith in the ARU. Cooper is still one of the most popular players in the game and I doubt even the ARU are happy to risk alienating a lot of his fans. Particularly with the increasing calls from some of the higher profile ex-players and coaches coming out in support of QC (Quade Cooper) and against Dingo.

I get the impression the ARU consider themselves above the other codes in this country. As long as this continues they will find it hard to prosper. Looking at some of the problems other codes have, Cooper is a walk in the park. if every difficult player or one considered past it is run out the game it is difficult ever seeing it compete.

Joe Blow

John Hipwell (52)
Is QC (Quade Cooper) currently under contract to the ARU or has his contract expired?
He is under contract to the QRU so why is he not in Qld getting his rehab through the Reds pre-season program?

If what Nuci states is true and the offer made to QC (Quade Cooper) was fair and reasonable(by most peoples standards), why all this drama? This would make any talk of a "double punishment" idle speculation and would also shine the spotlight back on Quadie for bringing the game and his employers in to further disrepute.
His contract negotiations should be between him and his employers. WTF has all of this been made public in the first place?

For gods sake QC (Quade Cooper), sign on the dotted line or not.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Can I ask one question, would any of you pay an employee big money, if you know he has already stated to country he is not available for team unless it plays ti his rules?? If anyone said it to me I would suggest to anyone who said it to me perhaps I should just pay you for work you actually condecended to do, ie instead of $400K or whatever and you not being available because you didn't like my workplace , so weren't going to turn up, what say I put you on a performance based payment, and I just pay you when you come to work(or play).
Just wondering......

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.