• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
While I don't think it was the best move ARU could have made, I think it is a stretch to say it is a calculated insult. <snip>

While I think the ARU's lowball offer was a calculated insult, you have to think Quade played into their hands. <snip>

Lol! I had to call you on this one! But yeah I agree with what you guys are saying and I've never said he didn't deserve to be punished, never said he wasn't a goose etc. He did and he was. I guess 100 odd pages comes down to a bunch of us think that the ARU has handled this poorly and it will be terrible if QC (Quade Cooper) walks, a bunch of us think, while it's a shame he made his bed and Aus Rugby will go on regardless, and there's couple who think QC (Quade Cooper)'s an f'ing arrogant turd and can f-off! :D

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Lol! I had to call you on this one! But yeah I agree with what you guys are saying and I've never said he didn't deserve to be punished, never said he wasn't a goose etc. He did and he was. I guess 100 odd pages comes down to a bunch of us think that the ARU has handled this poorly and it will be terrible if QC (Quade Cooper) walks, a bunch of us think, while it's a shame he made his bed and Aus Rugby will go on regardless, and there's couple who think QC (Quade Cooper)'s an f'ing arrogant turd and can f-off! :D
And one who thinks there is truth in all these views

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I've said my piece and don't have too much more to add that hasn't already been posted (quite frequently).

I feel honoured to be part of the effort to make it to 100 pages, but feel it is time to impose rule 10 and let some others do the heavy lifting for a while as we strive valiantly towards the 150 and double ton marks.

Full Credit to QC (Quade Cooper) and members of Team QC (Quade Cooper) who have provided all the inspiration to get us to these lofty heights. ( I see we are running neck and neck with the Waratahs 2013 thread)

I may return from the wilderness on this thread if there is any new information out of one or other of the parties, meaning I'll probably be back around mid Monday afternoon following QC (Quade Cooper)'s presser. Can't wait for that little effort.

Good luck and keep it going.
Me too. I never want to post in this thread again and I'm not going to sign up to a per post contract. This thread is toxic.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The question has to be asked Scotty, is this actually a pay cut? The ARU had an offer on the table for Quade for most of the year which he wouldn't sign. The new offer was made given new knowledge about how Quade has been playing on the field. Given that in that during the year he played 3 games and performed poorly he should expect a reduced contract. Also taking into account that Quade only wishes to have 1 year contracts, form must play a huge role in determining the value of the player.

Based on his playing form since the last offer, Quade's new offer is more than reasonable. You cannot pay a player on 1 year contracts based on potential, you need to do it on performance.

Did he ask for a 1 year wallaby contract? Could he do this when he signed 3 years for the Reds?

I assume the wallaby contract that was on the table was 3 years?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Did he ask for a 1 year wallaby contract? Could he do this when he signed 3 years for the Reds?

I assume the wallaby contract that was on the table was 3 years?

But it appears it was less than he wanted, and didn't include a Japan holiday or the ability to start foxy boxing events

Scotty

David Codey (61)
You need to add a variable: assuming you'd been crook and hadn't worked for all but a few weeks of the last year and your ability to work next year was in doubt.
I reckon you'd be paid weekly in arrears for the days you turned up.

Yes, but if you wanted to use that analogy, you'd be saying that all injured wallabies would not be paid.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If it went in the opposite direction I'm sure you'd have even more former Wallabies making comments that no one is bigger than the game and the ARU needs to put their foot down and not accept poor player behaviour tarnishing Australian Rugby.

Marto was always going to come out and say something emotive. I'm sure it will be all he talks about on The Rugby Club tomorrow night.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
If it went in the opposite direction I'm sure you'd have even more former Wallabies making comments that no one is bigger than the game and the ARU needs to put their foot down and not accept poor player behaviour tarnishing Australian Rugby.

Marto was always going to come out and say something emotive. I'm sure it will be all he talks about on The Rugby Club tomorrow night.

Not so BH81, the Rugby Club is over for the year.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Nucifora, who is travelling with the Wallabies around Europe, rejected claims the ARU had tabled a "meagre" offer, in effect trying to drive him out of the sport.
Advertisement
"Like any player's contract I'm not going to go into what it is or how it's put together, but it's a substantial amount of money that I think any player would be happy to accept, to be honest," he said.
"I see this thing about a 'rookie' contract. There's no rookies in Australian rugby that earn that sort of money. It's a substantial contract, it's not a rookie contract."
It is understood the ARU structures offers it makes to Test players in a way that would give Cooper the ability to earn a large top-up if he played a certain number of Tests - not, as has been claimed, a match-by-match model.
Nucifora said the ARU tried to contact Cooper's management after seeing reports this week the injured five-eighth was going to walk away from rugby.
"Our contracting manager [Matt Carroll] has tried to speak directly to his agent without any success," Nucifora said.
"Obviously on the back of what came out Monday night we've tried to make contact, with little joy and no luck, about wanting to enter into a discussion. Without dialogue it's pretty difficult to go anywhere."

So basically everything being reported about the contract is crap. That's why no one from the Cooper camp has said anything officially. Nasser is once again feeding tit bits to journos to create publicity and incite public backlash against the ARU. I'm surprised that Wayne Smith has allowed himself to be the reporting pawn. It's typical of every fricken negotiation
Nasser does, create a storm and then be uncontactable. I'm sick of this crap.

I love watching Quade play but this will he or won't he has dragged out for the three fricken years. The Wallabies are playing another test match this week and all the journos are talking about is the god damn popcorn Quade bought at the movies. FFS.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...ct-says-aru-20121121-29p65.html#ixzz2CqO4ZjvV

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah it's looking very much like "SBW walks out on the Bulldogs version 2" at this stage.

But who really knows what the fuck is going on. Maybe Quade will end up at the Tahs in 3 years time. :)

The Rant

Fred Wood (13)
So basically everything being reported about the contract is crap. I'm sick of this crap.

The more this kind of back and forth dialogue occurs in the media the less respect I have for Quade. How the fuck can he be incontactable by the ARU and even his Coaches when this shitstorm is going on.

I've said all week that this is playing out exactly as the cooper camp wants. We can assume fairly easily that it was Khoder that spread rumours of a 'rookie deal' and that quade would walk... Well it has been obvious for months that Quade was not looking to stay and this perfect media combo of 'Quade gets screwed - will walk to boxing or NRL', to which the only response from notorious twithead cooper is pictures with Mike Tyson and Sonny Bill...wreaks of a hatchett PR job.

Hands down this press conference he's setting up is going to be bullshit.

Reactions: BPC

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, he was up the road from me yesterday. What say, I go find him, someone get Link and Nuci to email me some questions, and I'll get it all sorted. I'll even offer Khoder his commission of one smack on the back of the head so he gets the recognition he deserves. Just so all parties can "find" each other.
FFS.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I still think he is going to sign. What Nasser is doing is his job, he is getting the best deal for his client. I detest the way he does it, but that's what Quade signs him up to do.

However Quade has to sit back and look at what this firestorm is doing. It is stuffing the Reds (the team that developed him into the superstar he is) at a time they are tring to recruit members. It's seriously holding their playing plans up for next year. Fans are furious. As I said above we should be celebrating and enjoying the Spring Tour, but I've got Buckley's idea what is going on up North. Is that what Quade wants, to drag the sport through hell so he can bump his contract up by $100k? Is this what we want? yes I want Cooper but this is pathetic, I don't want this. Wake up to yourself Cooper, you are the one stuffing up the Reds.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
From the Australian:
[Nucifora said]"Quade's agent, I assume, is advising him on what to do, but until you actually sit down and speak to people directly and try and work out where things are at or what the issues they want to discuss are, it's quite difficult to run a negotiation like this," he said.

"Our contracting manager (Richard Hawkins) has tried to speak directly to his agent without any success.

"Obviously, on the back of what came out on Monday night we've tried to make contact with very little joy. No luck really about wanting to enter into a discussion at the moment.

"Without dialogue it's pretty difficult to go anywhere. He is not returning calls. There's not much you can do when that happens."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...r-is-substantial/story-e6frg6n6-1226521419125

Status
Not open for further replies.