• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Im getting sick of this bloke antic's,
He is 24 and that getting old in this sport, and by the time he has figured out what the fuck he wants in life there will 2 or 3 quade cooper coming through.
I blame his manager fucking him around toying with the ARU. Just look at his other athletes he has mamaged.
After watching Code Red, this is rubbish that is not wanted in the club and in think he is the toxic environment at the moment.
Still think deans is fucked

Reactions: BPC

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Since the first offer he has played 3 games. Can his stocks really drop so much in 3 games? Especially when the other players who have worn 10 have not been convincing. Nobody thinks Barnes is the answer and i suspect the majority on here would argue that KB (Kurtley Beale) isn't the answer either.

The main argument for his loss of value is he has bought down his own value by his actions. Is this not what was dealt with in his disciplinary hearing? Reading between the lines you get the idea that McKenzie and now Graham think this is further punishment. They are far more qualified and will be privy to a lot more info than those on here who continue to believe the opposite. The ARU have royally screwed this up, will other players who go up for disciplinary action believe it's over when they walk out the door? This has ramifications further than just for Quade.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
How is it insulting?

What does he deserve?
I've covered why I think it's an insult plenty of times previously, but I'll go over it again. He's been given the same deal they give to a rookie. He's not a rookie. That's an insult. I have no idea what he deserves $$$ wise, but what he doesn't deserve is to be punished for his indiscretion by the independent panel or whatever it was and then get punished again by the ARU. If he was worth $X before, he should be worth close to that now possibly with a reduction due to form and injury.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He was worth plenty, then he criticised the ARU, now he's not worth squat. That's punishment.

There's more to it. He's no longer the 1st choice #10 for the Wallabies. We have more (better) options, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor), Barnes, Lealiifano. His international matches in 2012 were not stellar, they were poor. That's his on field performance, then there's all the off field stuff and I imagine having a manager such as Nasser is part of it.

Also I think people are ignoring this; Quade has stated money is not the issue.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
There's more to it. He's no longer the 1st choice #10 for the Wallabies. We have more (better) options, Beale, JOC (James O'Connor), Barnes, Lealiifano. His international matches in 2012 were not stellar, they were poor. That's his on field performance, then there's all the off field stuff and I imagine having a manager such as Nasser is part of it.

Also I think people are ignoring this; Quade has stated money is not the issue.

Barnes - get real
Beale - maybe but yet to see it, does better in space and the sooner he goes back to FB the better.
JOC (James O'Connor) - maybe, not a great pass and a bit of a hog
Lilo - one good season of S15 and he's ahead of Cooper? Let's at least see him there first.

The stuff in bold has been dealt with or he should not be getting punished for, as much as Nasser is a prick.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The first "big" contract offer from the ARU had been prepared a long time ago, probably before his less than gamebreaker form for the Wobs this year. Since then not only has there been the 18 second press conference thing, and average form on the field, he has reinjured himself.

The product on offer has been damaged and has also been found to be performing below par.

Those issues are enough to reduce the offer in any negotiation process. QC (Quade Cooper) should simply have signed the July Offer. He got greedy and missed his opportunity.

No insult from ARU, just commercial reality.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Barnes - get real
Beale - maybe but yet to see it, does better in space and the sooner he goes back to FB the better.
JOC (James O'Connor) - maybe, not a great pass and a bit of a hog
Lilo - one good season of S15 and he's ahead of Cooper? Let's at least see him there first.

This isn't really the thread to debate who's our best 10. Cooper is not a Test match 10, he makes too many errors simple as that.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
He was worth plenty, then he criticised the ARU, now he's not worth squat. That's punishment.
This.

How can anyone even remotely say it isn't punishment and is just a reflection of his dropping value. Bullshit. He was worth X until he opened his mouth and now he is worth nothing. The only thing that changed was he opened his mouth. He was injured and the offer was still on the table. This is the ARU (Nucifora) being vinidictive and having a second dip at punishment. I'm not a Queenslander or a Reds supporter, i'm a fan of Australian Rugby and this is terrible for the game.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I said the wallabies, and Beale might not have thrown a intercept pass but has bombed plenty other basic handling moments in games.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I think the ground staff at Joeys Hunters Hill would take offence at your claim that their ovals are "some patchy oval at local schools".

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Joeys ground the only GPS/CAS number 1 field without a cricket pitch in the middle?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This.

How can anyone even remotely say it isn't punishment and is just a reflection of his dropping value. Bullshit. He was worth X until he opened his mouth and now he is worth nothing. The only thing that changed was he opened his mouth. He was injured and the offer was still on the table. This is the ARU (Nucifora) being vinidictive and having a second dip at punishment. I'm not a Queenslander or a Reds supporter, i'm a fan of Australian Rugby and this is terrible for the game.

Nah, the Jarse is more on point.

Since the ARU tabled up their original offer Cooper is no longer the guaranteed first choice in his position and has strong competition from others.

He's had a series of injuries that could affect his playing abilities.

His test form has been poor for some time.

He's a PR liability, and is prone to off field issues.

And very importantly, he's created a possible unworkable relationship with the test coach.

Even if Cooper were to play for the Reds next year there's no guarantee he'll be selected for Australia...... So why would the ARU pay him a top up?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
You could take it further to include Shute Shield Ovals as well.

Lots of them have a hard as buggery clay cricket strip in the middle of them.

Easts doesn't. Wicks, Uni, Norths, Gordon do.

Pretty sure that the Hobbits, Rats and Pirates don't. Grey matter being stretched for the rest.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
jezz... I'm having a little dance... no more Quade! he had one good season thats it, Genia is the man that made he look good... He was absolute rubbish at the RWC and the tri-nations that year... However I will happily watch him box... thats one beat up on Quade I'll could get to enjoy... plenty of corners in boxing for him to back himself into...

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
You could take it further to include Shute Shield Ovals as well. Lots of them have a hard as buggery clay cricket strip in the middle of them. Easts doesn't. Wicks, Uni, Norths, Gordon do. Pretty sure that the Hobbits, Rats and Pirates don't.....

Woollahra has/had a cricket pitch in the middle. If it doesn't (it did in about 1968) it is/was bloody hard underfoot, and being tackled on it wasn't much fun. Coogee Oval doesn't have a cricket pitch on the rugby bit, it's on the eastern side of the rugby field on the larger space of the oval when it's used in summer.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Pfft. Quade's form has been down but you can't argue that he's no good at Test level. He's had good games an bad games. The bad games have been more recent = form slump.

To say there is "strong competition from others" is nonsense. Beale is going just ok and I really hope he's not our long term 10. Barnes? Kidding surely. JOC (James O'Connor)? He probably won't even play 10 for the Rebels. And Lilo? You can't say Quade's not a Test 10 in the same sentence as saying Lilo is. If that's strong competition then Aus Rugby is in the toilet.

Status
Not open for further replies.