• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torn Hammy

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Yep.

I reckon Cooper will play super rugby with the reds then have a couple of boxing matches, maybe a game or two with the barbarians, then off to Japan for a season and back to the reds when the Japanese season is over. Wash, rinse and repeat until deans is gone, link is coach and the ARU has been restructured - then he will sign a wallabies contract if he is still deemed good enough.

And make close to $2 million a year for his efforts.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
I was under the impression(possibly wrong)that all super 15 players(apart from the foreign contingent)must be availlable to play for the Wallabies?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
We get this. But there are contracts and there are contracts. Genia, McCabe, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Ioane, JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale), Barnes, Tapuai are all on contracts paying the magic $13K per game plus an agreed fixed payment, in some cases very significant (ie. six figures), and Cooper is expected to play alongside these other players for $13K a game plus nothing. If you can't see that the ARU is offering this contract to humiliate him and get him out of the game then I would classify this as willful blindness.

Put yourself in his shoes. Yes he, Quade Cooper, is rejecting the contract. But, he is a senior Wallaby player who has now been offered a revised contract that could, if he is injured again, earn him nothing at all. There is no workers comp for sports employees. The only workers comp they get is the up-front contract payment. If he puts in the work but injures his knee again in Super Rugby before the Lions tour starts he gets paid diddley squat.

My advice to Quade is to reject the contract, play for the Reds till the end of the season and then go play in France. He would be a sensation in Top 14 and he can earn what he's worth. Australian Rugby will be the poorer. Once again Nucifora, who runs the High Performance Unit where this sort of stuff is handled, has contrived to totally stuff up Australian Rugby. You do not handle a player who has had a hissy fit by behaving petulantly back. If the ARU believed Cooper needed to be cleared out of the Wallabies they should have told him they were withdrawing from all negotiations. That would have been the honourable thing to do. But no, they had to contrive a contract that is so humiliating that he is forced to leave.

The only thing that amazes me is that the ARU think that the Australian public will swallow this "Quade has resigned, we really wanted him" nonsense.

Fucking AMEN!

I'm seriously bubbling with rage at this whole situation. The ARU stuggled on blindly, with a coach who was clearly out of his depth and has MANY, MANY PREVIOUS PLAYERS stating how fucking useless he is with player management and listening to anyone but himself. All that we've ended up with is so far:

George Smith leaving.
Giteau leaving
Gerrard being left totally in the cold despite 2.5 years as clearly the best fullback in the SH.
Cooper leaving
Mortlock being abandoned
Injured players consistently being picked when 1) Not recovered 2) not fit 3) not in position 4) not in form
Players pulled from the magicians hat and told 'you're playing this position now, don't worry that you've never played it before, international rugby is the PERFECT time to learn how to play a new posiiton'
Losing 3 in a row against England
10 in a row against NZ + record defeats etc
2 in a row against Scotland
losing against Ireland in a WC (actually, have we beaten them under Deans??!?!?! )
Losing to Samoa at home
Record defeats to SA
Record defeat against the Frogs
Shit selection
Shit gameplans
Shit management of the players
Shit fulltime interviews
Shit hair
The abandonment of franchise academy squads/development programs
Nick Phipps being our 3rd choice srcumhalf
Going 3 and a half games without scoring a try

What else can we add to this list?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Quade has returned to twitter! Any insights into the contract discussions? No just a photo of QC (Quade Cooper) and SBW going to the movies after buying popcorn and a drink.

I like the comments underneath:

Gabbaman said: Maybe give ewen and the reds a courtesy call ? 400k a year I'm sure you can afford 40 cents

tommygoodwin said: Get back to union stupid c***

http://instagram.com/p/SPXvQsQYZT/

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You'd think QC (Quade Cooper) would come out and say something. He's copping a lot of flack.
He's been reported as leaving Aus rugby, surely if he didn't intend to he'd come out and deny this immediately?

I don't know. If this is all BS and I was Quade, I prob let the perpetrators run with it a little bit and then come out and say it's all crap, make them look real amateur. If it's all crap, they deserve to look stupid.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mortlock wasn't abandoned.

He was constantly injured and well past his best.

George Smith retired from test rugby. Nothing to do with Deans.

Giteau and Deans ha problems, but he was going up north last year regardless.

Gerrard should possibly have been considered back in 2009 when everyone was playing a territory game and he was playing well, but since leaving the Brumbies for Japan first time around definitely hasnt been good enough to crack the squad.

I can't wait to see the back of Deans too but let's not get silly.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Quade has returned to twitter! Any insights into the contract discussions? No just a photo of QC (Quade Cooper) and SBW going to the movies after buying popcorn and a drink.

I like the comments underneath:

Gabbaman said: Maybe give ewen and the reds a courtesy call ? 400k a year I'm sure you can afford 40 cents

tommygoodwin said: Get back to union stupid c***

http://instagram.com/p/SPXvQsQYZT/

Twilight??

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
in his whole career gerrard was never the best fullback in any hemisphere: other than that youre pretty much on the money, IMO.

Utter bollocks. 2008/2009 he was absolutely immense for the Brubmbies, he was basically carrying the whole team. He played 25 mins of bad rugby in the whole 2008 season (the final game against the Force) and was never forgiven. The only contenders at the time were Lee Byrne and Mils, and neither were in great form at the time.

Another thign to add to the Deans list: He came over with his Sadists game plan kick, kick ,kick, kick, kick, pin the opposition in their 22, with intelligent, sparing and accurate kicks, al la Dan Carter. When said opposition say 'fuck it, lets try and run our way out' or come up with a bad clearance, THEN and ONLY then, would they pounce, with the trademark 3 passes across to the opposite winger and counter-attack.

He came over here, brought that gameplan (and hasn't adapted it to this day), and then refuses to pick players who can actually execute that gameplan. Barnes is a shit kicker, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a terrible kicker, Giteau was decent off one boot, and yet Gerrard wasn't even selected in the squad? 2 years in a row, we had NO kicker, and he was left out? The one player with teh kicking game to actually execute the gameplan, and he was left out?

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Mortlock wasn't abandoned.

He was constantly injured and well past his best.

George Smith retired from test rugby. Nothing to do with Deans.

Giteau and Deans ha problems, but he was going up north last year regardless.

Gerrard should possibly have been considered back in 2009 when everyone was playing a territory game and he was playing well, but since leaving the Brumbies for Japan first time around definitely hasnt been good enough to crack the squad.

I can't wait to see the back of Deans too but let's not get silly.

Shhhhh, let the hyperbole run its course!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
They had better do it before December 21. From unsubstantiated reports filed by crazies, we are on track for face time with an asteroid (or something else ridiculous, like an automatic shifting of the poles!). The 'ol reptiles didn't handle the last major asteroid strike too well either, from what I hear.

I've got a mate who posts stuff on Facebook from David Icke, who seriously believes reptilian creatures run the planet. Funny old world isn't it...

M

Muttonbird

And make close to $2 million a year for his efforts.
It would be very strange to have a player excel in S15, which al Quada is likely to do if retained by the Reds, but then not be available for the Wallabies. Don't think the ARU should stand for that and neither they should.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It would be very strange to have a player excel in S15, which al Quada is likely to do if retained by the Reds, but then not be available for the Wallabies. Don't think the ARU should stand for that and neither they should.

Easy way to fix that. Offer him a contract that's not an insult would be a start.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Fucking AMEN!

I'm seriously bubbling with rage at this whole situation. The ARU stuggled on blindly, with a coach who was clearly out of his depth and has MANY, MANY PREVIOUS PLAYERS stating how fucking useless he is with player management and listening to anyone but himself. All that we've ended up with is so far:

George Smith leaving.
Giteau leaving
Gerrard being left totally in the cold despite 2.5 years as clearly the best fullback in the SH.
Cooper leaving
Mortlock being abandoned
Injured players consistently being picked when 1) Not recovered 2) not fit 3) not in position 4) not in form
Players pulled from the magicians hat and told 'you're playing this position now, don't worry that you've never played it before, international rugby is the PERFECT time to learn how to play a new posiiton'
Losing 3 in a row against England
10 in a row against NZ + record defeats etc
2 in a row against Scotland
losing against Ireland in a WC (actually, have we beaten them under Deans??!?!?! )
Losing to Samoa at home
Record defeats to SA
Record defeat against the Frogs
Shit selection
Shit gameplans
Shit management of the players
Shit fulltime interviews
Shit hair
The abandonment of franchise academy squads/development programs
Nick Phipps being our 3rd choice srcumhalf
Going 3 and a half games without scoring a try

What else can we add to this list?

No eyebrows

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
We just finished recording, and published, the latest Podslam in which Richard Graham stops in for a chat.

He has a very interesting point to make about the contract on offer and the Reds position. He also clears up the contracting, particularly around the tri-party agreement and if Quade can actually play for the Reds and NOT the Wallabies (obviously, selections aside).

WRT the contract, The basic point Richard makes is that He was offered a contract, then fucked up. He was punished to the tune of $60K for the indiscretion. In his, and my, opinion that is where the punishment should end and the contracting should be completely separate to that, NOT an additional punishment added on for good measure.

We can debate all we like about the contract being right or wrong, but you can't argue that it isn't a second dip at punishment, they clearly thought he was worth the money before. Just as we criticise Quade (rightfully) for the way he went about tweeting and rugby clubbing, so should we criticise the ARU for their handling from there.

It's a good listen. http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/podslam-85-spare-flyhalf-with-richard-graham/

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So was Sharpe's contract a punishment? What for?

I really don't see the contract offer as a punishment, it's what he's value is at, what's currently worth. He's brought down his own value.

Status
Not open for further replies.