• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
There will be no news from other rugby nations today. They will be too busy rolling around laughing at the complete ineptitude of the ARU.

The headlines will largely dictate what other nations will be thinking. So perhaps the rugby world may be thinking that a player speaking out as he did doesn't warrant a new contract and administrators the world over will be thinking "well done ARU".

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
.../snip/...

He also stated he didn't think the facilities were up to scratch. Being the best rugby team in the country you would expect the wallabies to have the best facilities going round. But since the ARU scrapped camp wallaby, the team regularly trains on patchy back ovals at local schools. The facilities they use are put to shame by the super rugby teams, let alone your average AFL or NRL team whose facilities are far more professional.

../snip/...

What facilities do the Kangaroos mungoballers use?

Last time I looked, they stayed at Coogee's Crown Plaza, and trained at the patchy back oval called Coogee Oval when they are in Olde Sydney Towne.

The National AFL team has what facilities?

What high class facility does the Socceroos have to facilitate their performances? Hint the answer is not the Parade Theater complex at NIDA.:)

Do the Darkness have access to their own home base with facilities to facilitate?

I think the ground staff at Joeys Hunters Hill would take offence at your claim that their ovals are "some patchy oval at local schools".

Same for the boss at Victoria Barracks in Sydney, and be careful with criticism about the Army because they have guns and bombs and know how to use them!

The Men in Gold have regularly trained at both Joeys and the Barracks when in Sydney.

Most Australian National teams have almost zero facilities, and they have to "sponge" of the AIS or local State IS infrastructures.

That being said, I am somewhat surprised that more use isn't made of the existing Super Rugby Franchise facilities as MrTimms pointed out earlier. Is this bloodymindedness from the Wobs, the franchises, both, or a simple oversight?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No that's your opinion but we're getting off the topic here. Happy to agree to disagree.

No, it's just simply not true and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

It's also pretty insulting towards Smith who retired on his own terms.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
That being said, I am somewhat surprised that more use isn't made of the existing Super Rugby Franchise facilities as MrTimms pointed out earlier. Is this bloodymindedness from the Wobs, the franchises, both, or a simple oversight?

To the best of my knowledge it is Robbie. I only have knowledge of the Reds, and from what I have been told they would welcome the interaction and the opportunity for their staff to have the experience of working with the national team.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
According to Marto on radio this morning QC (Quade Cooper) has had an offer of 700K on table most of year, he wanted boxing and a stint in japan written in as well, if this is true and he been waiting for better , I leave it to yourselves to decide who is a being the prick here ARU or QC (Quade Cooper), as I said if it true.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It would make so much sense to engage with the Franchise and franchise staff.

How in hell are we going to prepare the next generation of assistant coaches, medicos, support staff, S&C etc if there is no opportunities BEFORE they get appointed to the national setup?

There was an underlying thread in the Arbib Report about greater efficiencies of limited resources available to Rugby in Australia.

I reckon the whole cradle to grave responsibility for coaching standards resides with the HPU boss (with input from the National Coach). This is another area where I think Rugby Australia could improve on, but that is for another thread. However is Nuci part of the Axis of Evil that is preventing the Men in Gold from making more use of the Regional franchise facilities?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
According to Marto on radio this morning QC (Quade Cooper) has had an offer of 700K on table most of year, he wanted boxing and a stint in japan written in as well, if this is true and he been waiting for better , I leave it to yourselves to decide who is a being the prick here ARU or QC (Quade Cooper), as I said if it true.

Marto and True in the same paragraph. That is the light comedic relief I needed to make my day.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No, it's just simply not true and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

It's also pretty insulting towards Smith who retired on his own terms.

he wasn't hounded out of Dodge City by the Dingo.

The impression I got from George's book was different. You may have personal knowledge of the matter though Slim, so no problems. As I said earlier, I'm happy to agree to disagree.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Yes the ARU is stopping him from doing that. He needs a contract with the ARU to play that and the ARU know that. But not being happy with punishing him once (actually twice if you count the suspended sentence) they have decided to sink the boot in again. Their "offer" is akin to them saying you will get on your knees, eat a pile of shit of our shoes and then thank us for it. Then, and only then, can you play for the Reds.

You're kidding yourself Scoey. The biggest stink and pile of shit that landed on the ARU this year happened to come from QC (Quade Cooper) squatting directly over them and relieving himself. The ARU are not stopping him - all you've pointed out is that it's QC (Quade Cooper)'s pride that's stopping him.

The ARU supported and helped this guy through some pretty f**kn stupid things he's done. He played them along during his last contract negotiations to get the best dollar he could and then kept them waiting when he had a contract sitting on the table this year. What kind of world do we live in where you can treat the people like this and still think you demand a high level of respect?!

The reality is, he has said himself that it's not about the money. I don't care if you made a mistake, if you didn't think before you spoke or if you were given bad advice. A MAN stands by his word.....or that's how I was raised anyway.....

Finally.....it's ridiculous to think that the ARU can separate the best interest of QLD rugby and the best interest of the Wallabies. You guys just had a massive review that high-lighted this. If anything, QLD Rugby should be backing the ARU and telling Quade that they back the ARU 100%. Any player that plays for any of the other unions in the country should have no doubts that if they want to play for NSW/QLD/ACT etc then they should be prepared to toe the ARU line as well......

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ah yep, I see what you were getting at. Might've been easier to understand without all the FFS's and the cunch of bunts? ;) But I digress.

No I don't think it's logical. If we have a coach who isn't picking the best 22/23 players and the ARU is happy with this then we've reached a new low. Yes, it is entirely subjective, who the best players are, but his ARU contract should come down to his ability, not this other shit that has been supposedly dealt with.

If they aren't going to pick him, why offer him anything at all? Come out and say it. Make a decision and stand by it. Tell the Aus Rugby public that they don't want Quade playing for the Wallabies because he's not good enough. They can't say that but, because it's not true. They still have the shit's that he did what he did so they want him to quit. So they can say, "We offered him a contract but he said no" when really they offered him a shit sandwich.

I don't think someone's ability should be the lynchpin on getting an ARU contract at all. It should always be a package deal IMO when the top level is concerned.

I can't see why you are so perturbed by this consequence. What the ARU has done is use a negotiating lever that is at their disposal, same way Quade used levers that were at his disposal during past negotiations - delay tactics, change of claim, vary contract term etc.

There is absolutely nothing stopping him playing for the Reds or the Wallabies now. But he will now have to do it for less money. Sort of like starting a new job when the money isn't as good as the previous...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't think someone's ability should be the lynchpin on getting an ARU contract at all. It should always be a package deal IMO when the top level is concerned.

I can't see why you are so perturbed by this consequence. What the ARU has done is use a negotiating lever that is at their disposal, same way Quade used levers that were at his disposal during past negotiations - delay tactics, change of claim, vary contract term etc.

There is absolutely nothing stopping him playing for the Reds or the Wallabies now. But he will now have to do it for less money. Sort of like starting a new job when the money isn't as good as the previous.

What perturbs me is the manner with which the ARU have done it. Just because they used a negotiating lever that is at their disposal, it doesn't make it right. Quade was a goose - I've never disputed that. He is a 23 year old footballer and isn't that bright, but he was still a goose. The ARU are supposedly a professional business unit and this was the best they could come up with. Like when a 5 year old calls their teacher a stupid head. The teacher can discipline the child like a professional or call them a poopty poopty pants and try and get the rest of the class to laugh at the kid. The ARU did the latter IMO.

As far as playing playing for the Reds or the Wallabies is concerned, you (and Bullrush) are part right. He can play for the Reds, but not without foregoing any pride. I think this was deliberate by the ARU. Force him to either walk, or stay and look like their bitch. As for the Wallabies, I don't think he has a realistic chance of playing for them regardless of form.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

If that's true then he's made his bed now. I can't see the ARU agreeing to those terms. If he'd already proven himself consistently and we had Bill in the trophy cabinet then he might have had success with this, but under the present circumstances... buckleys.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It was the first to crack page 100 last night. Has someone gone back and deleted one of their previous posts and moved everything back? Onward to 200!

Strange things can happen in the middle of the night.

A bit like being runner up to Ben Johnson in the 100m at Seoul Olympics in 1988, or our own Stephen Bradbury at Salt Lake City. The colour of Bradbury's medal is GOLD.

Congratulation appear due to you for being the legitimate first post on page 100.:)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
To the best of my knowledge it is Robbie. I only have knowledge of the Reds, and from what I have been told they would welcome the interaction and the opportunity for their staff to have the experience of working with the national team.
i blame dingo for everything - but not this: wobs have been training at coogee and gps schools for years

M

Moono75

Strange things can happen in the middle of the night.

A bit like being runner up to Ben Johnson in the 100m at Seoul Olympics in 1988, or our own Stephen Bradbury at Salt Lake City. The colour of Bradbury's medal is GOLD.

Congratulation appear due to you for being the legitimate first post on page 100.:)
If I can bag the quinella and get the 100th page of the Western Force 2013 thread I'll be a happy man. Some ways to go yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.