• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Blackjack

Frank Row (1)
Wests won't be back to the GF for a while now. Most of their rebels player have signed with other super rugby teams won't be able to return to play club for Wests.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Congrats to Pup McCormack as well. There was a fair bit of pressure on him coming into the season to show that he could win it all.

He’d had a solid few years in Sydney and then the first season after he leaves Randwick, they win the premiership. Then coming into a side which had just won a premiership and was largely intact meant the expectations to win again were high.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah, unfortunately for Wests, Werchon’s aim yesterday was more about beating Brother’s as a club than actually winning the game.

No supporter from either side that I’ve spoken to has had much good to say about his performance yesterday.

I’ve actually enjoyed his cameos for the Reds.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
What’s the go with the Wests 12, that Lebron fella - hopefully he gets some interest from a Super team (if he hasn’t already)..
Lebron Naea - 20 year old from the Rebels squad, had a great game last weekend too. Should be a few teams looking at him.

JRugby2

Bill Watson (15)
Yeah, unfortunately for Wests, Werchon’s aim yesterday was more about beating Brother’s as a club than actually winning the game.

No supporter from either side that I’ve spoken to has had much good to say about his performance yesterday.

I’ve actually enjoyed his cameos for the Reds.
Sadly it's been his problem for years - going back as far as school, and unless something changes will probably mean he's reached his ceiling.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
He is clearly a better talent than Kalani Thomas (in my biased one eyed west opinion) dude has a better pass, better boot and the position flexibility for the reds 23 that he can also play flyhalf.

but Les Kiss would be thinking twice because of his hot headness.

I have not watched the replay yet (probably won’t for awhile) but did Werchon get pushed in the head before he got the yellow card? Shouldn’t have retaliated there… good job to brothers scheming to get under Louis skin.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I have not watched the replay yet (probably won’t for awhile) but did Werchon get pushed in the head before he got the yellow card? Shouldn’t have retaliated there… good job to brothers scheming to get under Louis skin.
Yeah, Louis did get a small push, but its just two little blokes butting shoulders, Louis shouldn't have reacted in the way he did.

I don't think Les will be too concerned, he can work on controlling that temper. I still remember Horwill being extremely hot headed and then he was given the Reds captaincy and a light switch went off in his head.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
To be fair. Take a look at some of wests recent success and you can pinpoint some of it back to brothers reserve grade team.

Carl Marshall recruited very well in 2020 when he was at wests bringing over players from reserve grade who then went onto high honours with the dogs.

Dobbins, Werchon & Faingaanuku all have had super rugby contracts. Liam Usher another former brothers reserve grade is a handy prop who’s now been killing it down in Shute shield this system.

I think other qpr clubs should target the filth reserve grade team in recruitment considering they went undefeated.