• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I attended the game, and as a 3rd party with no attachment to either Wests or Brothers I can’t say the officiating at the game seemed to help Brothers over Wests.

I dislike Damon Murphy as an individual(I won’t repeat my coffee shop story again) but I didn’t think there was any bias refereeing. Some of those calls went both ways.

At the ground, Wests just ran out of steam in the heat, the big boys didn’t cope with the heat as well as Brothers did. In the last 20min every stoppage there was 2-3 Wests players down with cramps which allowed Brothers to claw their way back.

That aside it was an enjoyable game to attend, the shade of the McLean Stan was a godsend!! Credit to the fans on the hill sticking it out in the sun!

Brian O’Driscoll

Herbert Moran (7)
Wests have only themselves to blame for losing the GF - the two missed conversions cost them dearly. A couple of howlers from the touch judge stood out - Jame O'Connor losing the ball into touch and Brothers getting the line out, and other occasion the Brothers player clearly in to touch but not called by the touch judge. With a one point margin against Brothers and that particular ref with the whistle, there was only going to be one result. Michael Wood outstanding for Brothers. Best forward on ground.
Brad Hemopo for me.

JRugby2

Larry Dwyer (12)
Congratulations to Brothers! You seem like a brothers man so I won’t continue in the back and forth. Enjoy mad Monday
Nah honestly I couldn’t care less who wins. Most of my comment history in this thread is calling out salty losers (like yourself) who throw tantrums over refereeing rather than take losses with humility.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
All the people complaining about Damon Murphy realise his appointment is made known to the teams before today right? It’s not like the wwe royal rumble where it’s a huge surprise and he runs out before kickoff.

Wests have ample time to dispute his appointment and ask for a new ref if they really wanted.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Nah honestly I couldn’t care less who wins. Most of my comment history in this thread is calling out salty losers (like yourself) who throw tantrums over refereeing rather than take losses with humility.

Wait how am I sore loser mate?

the only comment I have made is about the appointment and being put in that difficult situation of refereeing your former club knowing allegations are bound to come.

Btw / I only comment on referees after I’ve reviewed the tape. I was at the ground today - You get way better view on Stan compared to being at the ground at opposite end of the field

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
Not only must justice be done it must be seen to be done.
Why not give the game to Nick Berry(Snbk) or Jordan Way (Easts) - just don’t put Murphy in a situation where his objectivity can be questioned - that is what I am saying.

Those guys are away on higher duties at the moment berry doing test match and I think Way is doing 7s.

Reuben Keane was doing touch judge today. He reffed the grand final last year & has done super rugby games.

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Why not give the game to Nick Berry(Snbk) or Jordan Way (Easts) - just don’t put Murphy in a situation where his objectivity can be questioned - that is what I am saying.
Totally agree and I more or less said this back on August 5 after his last conflicted game when he got Brothers the draw against Norths.

I’m pretty sure old mate @JRugby2 absolutely fired up back then, maybe he’s related to DamonOmen2. Sorry bad dad joke

JRugby2

Larry Dwyer (12)
Because his objectivity is only being questioned by salty idiots who’s team just lost.

Why not accept a loss with a tiny bit of humility and maturity.

But nah double down - you boys don’t sound pathetic at all…

JRugby2

Larry Dwyer (12)
Totally agree and I more or less said this back on August 5 after his last conflicted game when he got Brothers the draw against Norths.

I’m pretty sure old mate @JRugby2 absolutely fired up back then, maybe he’s related to DamonOmen2. Sorry bad dad joke
Yeah look if you had a ill-informed crack at a referee and inferred that they were a cheat or biased in some way I probably called you an idiot back then too. I have form in this area

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Murphy was fine just got the James try completely wrong. Could happen to any ref, but really should have been pulled up and said no try.
I agree Murphy was otherwise good bar the James try oversight is perplexing as he was right on the spot and it looked clear to most from what I’m hearing.

I’m glad he reviewed the subsequent Cartwright (who had a great game BTW) try to refuse that.

I feel for Murphy as a stalwart Brothers family he shouldn’t be put in this position but it’s a ref’s dream and reward to be awarded a GF.

JRugby2

Larry Dwyer (12)
I agree Murphy was otherwise good bar the James try oversight is perplexing as he was right on the spot and it looked clear to most from what I’m hearing.

I’m glad he reviewed the subsequent Cartwright (who had a great game BTW) try to refuse that.

I feel for Murphy as a stalwart Brothers family he shouldn’t be put in this position but it’s a ref’s dream and reward to be awarded a GF.
lets assume every single referee available would have made the same call, rightly or wrongly.

in that case - why shouldn’t he have been put in that position? Do you think he’s a cheat?