• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2024

Brian O’Driscoll

Chris McKivat (8)
Puts himself before the team, doesn’t gel with the playing group well. He hasn’t played a lot this year due to injury. Hopefully McCormack can bring the best out in him next year, although it‘s a tough gig being a 9 at Crosby with Tarabay, Cartwright, Varrichio, Smith and Christian all who are capable of playing Prem grade.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Look Brothers knew that if they threw out a line to Werchon that he would take the bait and he did.
He chose to leave Brothers but clearly still has some hang ups about the whole situation.
He just needs to show some self discipline and respect the game and others involved in it.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
The camera showed a replay of him after the Cartwright try got disallowed, Werchon was sitting in the naughty chair and was celebrating like they had just won the Grand Final. Pretty much the opposite of a cool calm and composed professional rugby player.

JRugby2

Bill Watson (15)
Fair point - but without being able to articulate why I feel like there is a clear difference between TJ and Louis. TJ can pick his moments and gets value out of it for his team. Louis seems to have the opposite effect (or at least appeared to on the weekend - might just be recency bias)

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Nic White, Aaron Smith, Nick Phipps, Austin Healey, Faf de Klerk, Byron Kelleher etc etc

It’s not necessarily a desirable trait but being annoying and/or extremely angry is almost a rite of passage for a half.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There is a line though, and Werchon found himself well and truly on the wrong side of it. It's certainly not career ending, but in a game he would've wanted to star in the main take away has been his temper.

In the end the best halfback on ground was probably Cartwright, at least in terms of making a case for higher honours.

Blackjack

Frank Row (1)
If West left the niggle at the gate and focused more on playing rugby they would have done much better - Louis tough guy Werchon cost West the game not the Ref, absolute pork chop terrible behavior throughout the entire game and hes suppose to be a professional what a joke.
I have to agree. Needs to keep his cool.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Off the top of my head Nic White, Faf de Klerk, Aaron Smith & Nick Phipps all were given yellows in tests for doing stupid shit. Yellow cards weren’t as prelevant back in the day but if I recall correctly Healey’s petulance was so bad even his own team mates would tell him to stop being a dick. Not to say Werchon doesn’t need to grow up a bit - I agree with you - but I guess the combative ‘little man’ syndrome isn’t unique. The kid is only 21.

Honestly - I was really just taking the opportunity to have a swipe at half backs. Rotten little cellar dwelling runty freaks that they are.

eldiablo

Ted Fahey (11)
All those aforementioned 9s are definitely cheeky and toe the line, like good 9s should. But Werchon always seems like he's having the biggest sook, I would compare him to Gutherson or Mitch Moses for the Parramatta Eels who constantly through their arms about and complain to refs.

But, he only seems to do this when he comes back and plays at the club level. He always seems to be switched on and does his job well when he plays for the Reds, and that seems to be when he plays his best footy. Hope he learns from it, because I rate his play highly.