• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
We have a couple of options but may opt to just run with two trials - pre-season is already pretty long so having one less game may not be the disadvantage it seems.
I think 2 trials is enough to work out your best 15, what tactics will suit you team and get most the rustiness out of the system.

It's a long enough season as it is.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Any feedback from the training sessions last night?

Season can't start soon enough for this Premier rugby fan.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Ok with no real knowledge of what is happening I'm going to guess where teams end up this year.

1. Uni
2. Sunnybank
3. GPS
4. Wests
5. Easts
6. Souths
7. Brothers
8. Sunshine Coast
9. Gold Coast
10. Norths

That wasn't that easily and to be honest spots 3-7 could be the opposite way around and it wouldn't surprise me too much. It's looking like a good year.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Any feedback from the training sessions last night?

Season can't start soon enough for this Premier rugby fan.

I don't know about Premier Grade but from what i hear the prem colts from wests is going to be full of some big boppers.

Ok with no real knowledge of what is happening I'm going to guess where teams end up this year.

1. Uni
2. Sunnybank
3. GPS
4. Wests
5. Easts
6. Souths
7. Brothers
8. Sunshine Coast
9. Gold Coast
10. Norths

That wasn't that easily and to be honest spots 3-7 could be the opposite way around and it wouldn't surprise me too much. It's looking like a good year.

From what i hear Brothers are really struggling size wise and have lost alot of players in the tight five. University will be top four no doubt but i feel that their will be some 'green' players suiting up for them this year which will of course cause some minor hiccups but 2-3 is likely. I think sunnybank will top the comp as the core of their squad has beeen trainign with the reds and for the most part will unlikely see gametime.

I shudder to think what Rex Tapuai, Ah Wong and Taumata can do with some pro training under the belt

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
I too believe Brothers will fall out of top 4 contention. It's been a great run, has their been a season since 2006 grand final to Wests that they haven't appeared in the semi finals? in saying that they've always punched above their weight with lack of reds on the books 8 they still migt scrape thru but Dallans departure is gonna hurt them severely.

Not ready to give my dogs a top 4 preseason prediction, however I believe with Jets that 3 thru 7 will be hard to pick & only a team or 2 will have a spot locked going into the final round.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
All wests need to do is build on their tradition of giant killing.....last two seasons they have managed to beat teams like Brothers, Sunnybank and GPS only to turn around and lose to teams like Norths & Gold Coast.
However fun fact Wests have not Beaten Easts since Matt Brandon first played premier grade.........

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
GPS picked up Grasso but not sure about any others. GPS are always strong so that's why I put them at 3rd.

Souths have Steve Kefu in charge now and will build on the squad from last year with a good Colts team. Is Dominic Lespierre still there? He was great to watch last year.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
GPS have lost Ruan Smith and Rasolea. But the loss of Smith should be offset by the emergence of youngsters Phillip Kite and jack straker. While their backs should manage with the apparent acquisition of Jonah Placid (i could have heard wrong) and youngster Samuela kerevi stepping up to the mark. All this plus the fact that they have quite a good mix of youth and experience and large player pool means that GPS are not likely to struggle on the field any time soon.

Souths i feel are a bit of a dark horse for top four. With premier team mainstays like Denny, O'hare, muirhead all returning and the rise of talented youngsters in Luke Everson, Matt Gordon and Keeghan Sefton offers what is a potentially a very good team. You take this core group add a fit and firing CFS and you have a quite a good 22 however outside this i group i feel they will struggle for premier grade level players.

Does anyone know if Van Humphries is still hanging around chipsy?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
GPS picked up Grasso but not sure about any others. GPS are always strong so that's why I put them at 3rd.

Souths have Steve Kefu in charge now and will build on the squad from last year with a good Colts team. Is Dominic Lespierre still there? He was great to watch last year.

I posted it a few weeks ago but while i was pawing over one of my former clubs results i saw that young dominic is currently playing for Young Munster in the All Ireland league division 1A. Doing quite well i believe to.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
GPS have lost Ruan Smith and Rasolea.

To be honest Rasolea isn't a huge loss to the club, he really only played trials (where he did play very well) and then made few and far apperances throughout the regular season due to 7s commitments and injury. I said in a post last year that IMO having these 7s players come in and out of the side can disrupt momentum so i'm thinking with regulars like Liam McWhirter, Nick Zangari and James Herbert getting a full pre season together for once the backs will gel even better this year.

I heard over the weekend that Brothers colts stocks are looking thin this year, not sure how accurate that is. This could hurt the premier side over the season as in the past they have relied on some pretty handy players (McCormack, Freeney and Beauchamp to name a few) to play up during the season from what has usually been a strong Premier Colts side.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)

1. Uni
2. Sunnybank
3. GPS
4. Wests
5. Easts
6. Souths
7. Brothers
8. Sunshine Coast
9. Gold Coast
10. Norths

If Easts finish 5 again

GIFSoup

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I’m going out on a limb and saying Brothers will make the top four. I think it will be between Easts, Jeeps and Wests as to who makes up the top 4. Furthermore, I don’t think clubs like Sunnybank and the Heavies will be minor premiers as the Super XV takes away a lot of their talent, both those sides become very strong at the business end of the season, however, Uni are generally consistent throughout the season. I know it sounds optimistic- Brothers making the Top 4, but the Premier Rugby can be very surprising. Ohh and Thierry I’ve heard Easts have picked up Jonah Placid?

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Easts finish 5 again

GIFSoup

FIXED IT FOR YOU

If Easts finish 5 again

tumblr_lyvpkby2661rn95k2o1_500.gif

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I actually put them in 5th on purpose to get a reaction out of you guys. Glad you didn't disappoint.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
G'day Fellas,

Just had a look at the Reds Players Profiles, anyone know what club Jono Owen is at? He has come from Sydney!

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
FilthRugby Jono Owen is taking Laurie Weeks, Heath Tessmann & Chibba Hanson's strenuous advice and heading for the Heavies.

Although I know this won't be believed by many on these forums, he is heading to Uni because of those guys, and the fact that he wants to get into construction management after rugby so he's been set up with work experience etc etc with Buildcorp. There is no money on offer.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
FilthRugby Jono Owen is taking Laurie Weeks, Heath Tessmann & Chibba Hanson's strenuous advice and heading for the Heavies.

Although I know this won't be believed by many on these forums, he is heading to Uni because of those guys, and the fact that he wants to get into construction management after rugby so he's been set up with work experience etc etc with Buildcorp. There is no money on offer.
Just Hookers and Booze? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.