• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Brian O’Driscoll

Chris McKivat (8)

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
Good to see 5 Nudgee boys, 2 Southport boys and a State High kid in the squad but no others selected from Qld GPS. After GPS rugby it pretty much goes to a very poor and rugby illiterate culture and very poorly run organisation. Our national side getting beaten by 67 points overnight should be the final nail in the coffin where they should clean out every single person in the team as well as all coaches and administrators.

Zoomer1

Bob McCowan (2)
Good to see 5 Nudgee boys, 2 Southport boys and a State High kid in the squad but no others selected from Qld GPS. After GPS rugby it pretty much goes to a very poor and rugby illiterate culture and very poorly run organisation. Our national side getting beaten by 67 points overnight should be the final nail in the coffin where they should clean out every single person in the team as well as all coaches and administrators.
I agree sofit, what in particular in these selections frustrated you?

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Some very interesting selections in this squad. I still can‘t believe they are picking boys that have signed with NRL. It makes no sense, they have shown that they will play league so why give them an Australian Union jumper?? No wonder rugby is going backwards in this country….
Have to agree. Unfortunately there are blokes that want to play Union. They will see that NRL contracted players are getting selected ahead of them, so when the NRL teams eventually come knocking on their door, they’ll think, I may as well sign NRL as well.

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
I agree sofit, what in particular in these selections frustrated you?
Thanks for the question Zoomer1. I can’t believe that out of all of the talent they have in the Qld GPS, and also in the other Qld competitions they don’t find room for any other schools apart from 3 schools. Qld is the heart of Australian rugby and they hardly ever play test matches in Qld nor do they select our players. The ARU needs to completely clear out every single administrator in their organisation and hire people who actually understand the sport that extends past Randwick and the Shore Mafia. They are completely absurd. 67 points is their score card and it’s a fail on epic proportions.

Zoomer1

Bob McCowan (2)
Thanks for the question Zoomer1. I can’t believe that out of all of the talent they have in the Qld GPS, and also in the other Qld competitions they don’t find room for any other schools apart from 3 schools. Qld is the heart of Australian rugby and they hardly ever play test matches in Qld nor do they select our players. The ARU needs to completely clear out every single administrator in their organisation and hire people who actually understand the sport that extends past Randwick and the Shore Mafia. They are completely absurd. 67 points is their score card and it’s a fail on epic proportions.
Yep spot on mate. Not much changes does it.

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
Have to agree. Unfortunately there are blokes that want to play Union. They will see that NRL contracted players are getting selected ahead of them, so when the NRL teams eventually come knocking on their door, they’ll think, I may as well sign NRL as well.
The issue is that the NRL is run extremely intelligently and their club matches have teams with players who are ALL more skillful than our players in the Wallabies, of course mostly in the backline. Any club team in the NRL would belt the Wallabies. Of course one can’t make one for one comparisons due to the nature of the two sports being different particularly in the area of the forwards, but all of their players are better than every single player in our back line for the Wallabies.

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Does Anyone have their 2024 team of the season chosen yet, curious to see who people have chosen in certain positions and if any players from weaker sides have made it.

-Cheers DB

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
TRC's GPS TEAM OF THE SEASON - PLEASE REPLY WITH YOUR THOUGHTS - CHEERS.

MEAT EATERS
1. Lucas Clifford (The Pitbull) (BBC)
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Elijah Su'a (BSHS)
4. Eli Langi (BSHS)
5. Cooper Eagle (The Birdwatcher) (BBC)
6. Hugo Hart (NC)
7. Joe Gray (TGS)
8. Oliver Nasser (GT)

TWINKLETOERS
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
10. Seamus Boakes (Mr Physics) (BSHS)
11. Sam Russell (The Dagger) (GT)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)
13. Laquan Afamiliona (BSHS)
14. Nick Conway (The Conman) (NC)
15. Treyvon Pritchard (TreyTreyBaby) (ACGS)

BOMB SQUAD
16. Barry Smith (BazzaGazza2024) (BGS)
17. Blaze Moana (TSS)
18. Isaac Raulini (NC)
19. Ed Kaspserdfondwich (NC)
20. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)
21. George Hales (Jack Russell) (GT)
22. Finn Kendall (The King of Bondall) (IGS)
23. Amizah Murgha (Stepping Stone) (IGS)

SHADOW
24. Conrad Scott (Loves Squid Game) (BBC)
25. Dan Wells (TSS)
26. xX_Agapetos Lote-Felo_Xx (Pesto Pasta) (TSS)
27. Sam Watson (NC)
28. Illy Balvava.. etc (TGS)
29. Siosaia Poese (GT)
30. Joe McGahan (GT)

As a bit of light-hearted fun I've included all the nicknames I've heard on the forum throughout the season. Thanks everyone for great foruming throughout this season and I would love to hear your teams too.

Last edited:

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)

MEAT EATERS
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Elijah Su'a (BSHS)
4. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Hugo Hart (NC)
7. Joe Gray (TGS)
8. Oliver Nasser (GT)

TWINKLETOERS
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)

BOMB SQUAD
17. Blaze Moana (TSS)
18. Isaac Raulini (NC)
20. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)

SHADOW
25. Dan Wells (TSS)
27. Sam Watson (NC)
29. Siosaia Poese (GT)
30. Joe McGahan (GT)

As a bit of light-hearted fun I've included all the nicknames I've heard on the forum throughout the season. Thanks everyone for great foruming throughout this season and I would love to hear your teams too.
How elijah breen is not on here is beyond me.

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
Love Treyvon as a player, but not sure how you can pick him in "Team of the season" when he only played 1/2 the season.
In those games he played he was the clear POD (point of difference) for the Churchie side, whole theme for their team throughout the season seemed to be if Treyvon was playing they would always look much better.

Zoomer1

Bob McCowan (2)
In those games he played he was the clear POD (point of difference) for the Churchie side, whole theme for their team throughout the season seemed to be if Treyvon was playing they would always look much better.
TRC did you manage to watch many of the other age groups on Ross that day that stood out?

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Again, I am not doubting his ability but he played 4 games. Two of these they lost. Nudgee (19-15) & Southport (44-26). The two wins were against TGS (31-22) and BGS (37-20). I'm pretty sure Churchie still would have won the game vs BGS without Treyvon, no disrespect Grammar boys. I accept that this is your opinion and we are all entitled to one and I do respect it, but I don't believe your argument has legs. I would argue that most, if not all, teams are a better side with their preferred 15 in it, not just Churchie. I believe the comp this year had an exceptional bunch of 15s, Terblanche, Rosemond, Murgha, McGahan, and Johnson (just named in Australian Development squad) who played the whole season and were consistently amongst their team's better payers each week, to name few.

MoneyBill685

Ted Fahey (11)

MEAT EATERS
2. John Grenfell (NC)
3. Elijah Su'a (BSHS)
4. Eli Langi (BSHS)
6. Hugo Hart (NC)
7. Joe Gray (TGS)
8. Oliver Nasser (GT)

TWINKLETOERS
9. Tom Goldie (TSS)
12. Frank Howarth (BBC)

BOMB SQUAD
17. Blaze Moana (TSS)
18. Isaac Raulini (NC)
20. Roman Siulepa (BSHS)

SHADOW
25. Dan Wells (TSS)
27. Sam Watson (NC)
29. Siosaia Poese (GT)
30. Joe McGahan (GT)

Roman Siulepa on the bench lol good one

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
I didnt see anything in the printed edition of the Couriermail (unless I am mistaken) re the 8,000 crowd and blue ribbon GPS school boy decider at Nudgee. I counted about 10 pages of NRL, a small section on the losing Wallabies, a full page on "Supercars", plenty of basketball, and AFL. and women's tennis. Australian rugby..,you are failing on an epic level. Please smarten up, you are completely lost at sea. Please please please please do a billion percent better at promoting our sport.