• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Congratulations Nudgee on a great season and their premiership. The coaches professionalism really shone through in these last two weeks , with how their team performed.

Commiserations to BSHS who were given an enormous task to win at Ross but never gave up. They have been a truely impressive outfit and their creative flair, truely breaths life back into Rugby’s future. Keep playing like that. Kefu has achieved a lot with that team.

To all other teams, it is an enormous achievement to represent your school in the First 15 and you should be proud. It has been a very competitive season and any team could have won at the end of the day. I note many teams have many players returning next year to do it all again. I do hope next season will be as good as this season.

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
20240907_154911.jpg

midas

Frank Nicholson (4)
Nudgee First XV premiers undefeated season

Unofficial of course, premiership participation medals

2nd XV NC Premiers undefeated
3rd XV NC Premiers undefeated
16A NC Premiers
15A NC Premiers undefeated
14A NC Premiers undefeated
13A NC Premiers undefeated
12A NC Premiers undefeated

Great program and credit to the NC coaches and coordinators. Some great programs at other schools as well, Nudgee able to be a bit more consistent which wins you premierships* {unofficial)

Bring on 2025!! Some great players backing up at all schools!!

The Whisperer

Bill Watson (15)
From BSHS and Nudgee starting 15s today these players are returning:

BSHS:
1. Herniman
2. Suniula
5. Thornton
6. Maugatai
12. Latu
15. Tagicakibau

Nudgee:
1. Raulini
3. Slater
4. Armistead
6. Di Donna
11. Patterson

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
State high folded once under a bit of pressure which I saw the previous week against Terrace. It’s a mark of a great side to elevate when under pressure and State high lacked it and Nudgee thrived on it. Best school boy Rugby team on the planet in 2024, unquestionably after beating every international side and putting 50 on most GPS teams. The apex of Australian rugby and rugby culture and no other team has this in Australia atm, not the Reds and of course not the Wallabies.

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
Looking at the Gps Trophy room

State of Play 2024

Rugby Premiers Nudgee

Basketball Premiers Churchie
Football Premiers Churchie
Volleyball Premiers Churchie
Chess Premiers Churchie

Cricket Premiers TSS
Rowing Premiers TSS

Cross Country Premiers BBC
Tennis Premiers BBC

Debating Premiers Bgs and BSHS
Swimming Premiers Bgs

Track and Field ?
What have I missed?

The Occasional Fly Half

Bob McCowan (2)
Sounds like a good day out at Ross. All things being done, Nudgee are deserved premiers. There will always be 'maybes' but it's been a slick performance from some good players with outstanding structure and consistency.

I spent my day at Northgate watching Grammar vs Southport - a 15 try bonanza. The predictions of the 20-ish point score to TSS were spot on and it could have got a lot worse for the two blues. The BGS that came close earlier in the season to beating GT, BBC and IGS was nowhere to be seen, particularly in the first half.

TSS came out of the blocks hard and established an early lead and rapidly made it to 40 points. Some excellent runs from Uys, exceptional kicking from Goldie and free running from Lavender (3 tries) and 14 (Callum Dalton, if Rugby explorer is right) were just too good. TSS rang the (Year 12) reserves on 20 minutes out and BGS got a few tries at the end, which saved it from being a bit of a silly outcome.

Notwithstanding the mismatch, I thought #7 Dalton and #10 Green had exceptional games for Brisbane Grammar. In fact, (BGS) Dalton's jackals and strong running were highlights for the small band of spectators and he would be my Man of the Match, despite Lavender's incredible efforts from TSS. The game was played in great spirits and the BGS crowd should be commended for their support of their lads who have toiled all year for very little result.

I'd like to join in the thanks for the banter this year and wish everyone all the best for the remainder of 2024. I'll see you on the forum next year!

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
Peace is restored in Rome

Thanks very much everyone for your banter this season, I really enjoyed being part of the chat, reading your views, the GPS competitiveness, getting pulled in line a couple of times, dropping in a few rants after a couple of glasses of Shiraz and the shared interest in elite grassroots rugby.

Headbin, Oracle83, Brian O’Driscoll, Taipan163 I really appreciate your posts, and those comments are the core of this forum. Sorry if I left any notables off but I’ll run through a few tabs to see if I need to add any. I think there are a couple I need to add.

Finally, I hope some of you managed to make it out to Ross Oval for the match. I’m so proud of Nudgee College and the culture there on days like these and I’m massively in awe of all of the other GPS schools.

Best of luck to the chap who mentioned he was diagnosed recently with lung cancer.

Same place same time 2025 Qld GPS Rugby Forum.

Nudgee School Motto

Signum Fidei- Confidence, trust, belief

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from Nudgee v BSHS yesterday

Zoomer1

Bob McCowan (2)
Photos from Nudgee v BSHS yesterday

Is there a final ladder we can see?