• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
I seriously think of possible upsets Round 9 Saturday 7 Sept.
My tips.
TGS to upset BBC by 2
TSS by 20+
GT to upset IGS by 3
NC by 9
ACGS - Bye. Downlands College

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
Predictions for the Supporting Acts

- TGS v BBC - The tractors to be lined up at the Spotted Cow celebrating a wonderful end to the season by beating the British Broadcasting Corporation by 10 points

The Kids on the Creek v the Students - An easy win for Southport v Grammar - TSS by 30 points

The Littler Roman Empire v Queensland's Oldest School - Terrace to the Fore by 7 points. They were very close to drawing even with the State last weekend.

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your beers...

Nudgee boys have a habit of producing last minute/after the bell kicks to win Premierships, defeat the All Blacks, win/level World Cup Finals.

- Reejan Pasitoa - After the bell conversion to defeat Terrace
- Elton Flately - Kick on full time in the 2003 RWC Final v England to draw the Final and send it into extra time
- James O'Connor - Kick on full time to defeat the All Blacks
- James O'Connor - Kick on full time to defeat the Springboks to win the Qtr-Final of the 2011 RWC
- James O’Connor - Kick on full time to win the 2024 title for Brothers
- Paul McLean - Kick from the corner to defeat Grammar to win the Premiership in 1973

I wouldn't be surprised if we add this scenario to the list after the Empirical War on Ross v the State Invaders;

- Charlie O'Connell - Kick from the corner after the try after the bell to win the Premiership match by 1 point.

Make history my fellow Romans, the Barbarians are at the gate.

Last edited:

backfencebandit

Chris McKivat (8)
When you think of the 7 wonders of world, you think of the pyramids in Egypt or the Great Wall of China but the spectacle of a full Ross Oval Grandstand and no standing room around the historic ground this Saturday will compete with the worlds best. The atmosphere this rugby nurturey provides is second to none and generates a better environment to play in then a game 3 state of origin at Suncorp. Who knows the next time Ross will be packed to the full, watching two powerhouse rugby programs battle it out in front of thousands. I don't know about you but all year I have been waiting for this moment to be devoured by pure rugby spirit and fellow supporters that just love rugby. This is a showcase the rugby in Australia is still alive and RA and QRU should be throwing the chequebook at this game to foster and revive the grassroots system of Rugby. In that case bring on Saturday!!!

backfencewarrior

Bob McCowan (2)
does anyone know if there will be commentary on the game I remember watching a similar game a couple years ago where there was live commentary. I feel It would add something to those unfortunate people who rant watching the game in person. I’ll be there at forum hill.

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Nicholson (4)
No changes from last week.

Nudgee
1. Rauluni, 2. Grenfell, 3. Slater, 4. Armistead, 5. Kasprowicz, 6. DiDonna, 7. Hart, 8. Latham, 9. Watson, 10. O’Connell, 11. Patterson, 12. Welfare, 13. Lain’t-Sietu, 14. Conway, 15. Johnson.

BSHS
1. Herniman, 2. suniula, 3. Sa’u, 4. Langi, 5. Thornton, 6. Maugatai, 7. Picot, 8. Siulepa, 9. Ngatai, 10. Boakes, 11. Hill, 12. Vea, 13. Afamiliona, 14. McInally, 15. Tagicakibau.

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
A lean, agile, skill based team team v a big, strong, straight running team. This will be a clash of styles so will be an interesting game. If the State win against this team on Ross, no one can say they didn't deserve the Premiership. Hopefully the Staties all turn up to support their team on Saturday.

MichealClark_123

Frank Row (1)
to my fellow forum hill peers, it has arrived. The most anticipated clash of the GPS season has arrived, and couldn’t have come at a better time with the ‘spoonbowl’ in the nrl kicking off in less then half an hour. The work has been done. I would like to refer to my oldest, but most famous classic australian analogy. Footy is simple. Put it this way, the team that wins, wants that always wants that sausage roll with extra tomato sauce on top (motif of blood - meaning they want all the grit they can get), whereas the other team might just wants the sausage roll itself. Anyway forum hunters, enough has been set. Prepare to witness the best GPS 1XV game in history.

beachrugby_45

Frank Row (1)
Predictions for the weekend
TGS 21 - BBC 17 - TGS finish the season on a high note after starting the season horribly. After the embarrassing loss to Nudgee last week I don't think the college boys can go up the range and beat TGS. All credit to them if they do.
GT 15 - IGS 22 - I think Ippy has been the third most impressive team this season (behind State High and Nudgee), each one of those four losses could have easily been won. GT on the other hasn't had the best of seasons but they have put up good performances against State High and and Nudgee, so I think they will put up a good fight against Ippy, but Ippy will be too strong.
BGS 19 - TSS 50 - TSS will smash grammar in this clash. As much as I hope they don't, I think it is inevitable, grammar has played well in some games this season but I don't think grammar forwards can compete with TSS.
GOTR NC 31 - BSHS 22 - the Grand Final on Ross Oval will attract around 10,000 people. With the grandstand full of the blue and white blazers, Roman and his buddies won't be able to stop a 45th premiership for the Nudgee boys. This game has the ability to be one of the best games in schoolboy rugby history, both teams have the ability to win but I think Nudgee will pull away victorious. The Nudgee captain will show the reason why he was the only schoolboy chosen for the u19 QLD team and his other forwards will halt Roman, Picot and Langi from dominating like they have all season.

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
Screenshot_20240906_155747_Instagram.jpg

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
Same ref for Nudgee on Ross on Saturday they had v Churchie and Terrace….who would have thought….

Headbin

Peter Burge (5)
I am sure the team has leant about discipline since then. Here are some helpful hints.

Keep the outside backs on side. Keep the tackles beneath head high, dont start the niggles, keep you hands out of the ruck, support your own weight over the ball, dont hinge. Don't lie around the base and try and roll away. throw the ball in straight And dont talk back to the ref.

Follow those rules unlike Churchie and Gt game, and the ref wont show that obvious bias……. Oh and hope he doesn’t read this forum where he was wrongly accused last time. I hope this helps.

( still just razing you sofit-wink)

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
I hope you're right but I’m not sure why an attacking, dominant forward pack would be lying around to slow down the pace at the base, nor putting their hands in the ruck when they are in possession of the ball etc. It makes no sense. Positive play should be rewarded, whereas, a cynical side going backwards should be penalised to promote more positive play.

Niggles are fine, in fact are an important part of the game and I hope both teams dish out a flood of niggles, especially during the tight parts of the match.

Last edited: