• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Sole Smasher

Bob McCowan (2)
Just 1 round left gents, conversations have been brewing about the awards of best back and best forward etc. Heres my opinion for the awards, thoughts??

Best Back - Nick Conway
Best Forward - Trent Picot
Rookie of the year - Issac Kefu
MVP - Roman Siulepa

Sachin Ponting

Frank Row (1)
I think Issac Kefu has been solid, but I don't think he's rookie of the year worthy when there's plenty of other guys who have had more impact on their own team. I think Tai Taka has had more impact for BBC in his first year compared to Issac Kefu and that's just one example.

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Nicholson (4)
makes me laugh
Laugh?? Too be fair, as a prediction for the start of the season, t has nailed the majority of schools. Of course, TGS & ACGS have under-performed and BSHS & BBC have over-performed based on the rankings, but the Rankings have correctly picked the positions of NC, TSS, IGS GT & BGS. That's 5 out of 9. Not bad.

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think this is real unfair to a young and inexperienced BGS side. They have progressed amazingly as the season has gone on and are inching closer and closer to a victory. Id take BGS 1s over the Nudgee 2s EVERYDAY!

-Cheers DB
Would have to agree with the unfair comment. Whilst BGS did get blown off the park by NC, BSHS & TGS, they still managed to give a scare to BBC (lost by 8), IGS (lost by 5) and GT (lost by 6)

Daniel Koalins

Herbert Moran (7)
Other then the big grand final matchup what are the upcoming fixtures,
I'm pretty sad that we are going to have to wait for another year for GPS footy to be back after this round. Nothing is better, even though the footy may be slowing down soon the forum won't be!

Wicked Left Foot

Frank Nicholson (4)
Remaining games are:

TGS v BBC
GT v IGS
BGS v TSS

I won't be one of the thousands heading to Ross for the GF. Instead I'm heading up the Range to watch TGS v BBC. TGS after having an absolute horror start to the season, have looked good over the past month apart for a period of 15 minutes against Nudgee two weeks ago. BBC you would expect to be favourites here, but have been up and down over the course and a roughing up by Nudgee last week wouldn't have done them any favours. I'm picking a TGS win here by less than 10. The speed of the Toowoomba outside backs being the difference.

GPS_Savant

Bob McCowan (2)
hey fellas,
my sons are telling me about the scenes awaiting us at the Ross this saturday, and to tell it to you straight, it sounds like I’m going to have to pre game them up for the game. Does anyone in here knows the rules and regulations on getting buzzy at the field? If it‘s a go ahead I’m thinking of packing my grade 9 and and 11 son a cheeky fireball. Thanks fellas!

I found one of these flyers floating around south Brisbane yesterday. They are getting rowdy at Statey by the looks of things.
Me too mate!
Picked the son up on Edmondstone street this afternoon, saw 3 kids holding them up, plus 3 flying around.
Son’s telling me these nudgee boys have the ability to lock up Siulepa this weekend,
How true is this?

stateytilidie

Frank Row (1)
BSHS vs TGS W
BSHS vs BBC W
BSHS vs IGS W
BSHS vs TSS W
BSHS vs ACGS W
BSHS vs BGS W
BSHS vs GT W
BSHS vs NC ?

7 down, 1 to go.

THE ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN, THE DECIDER, WINNER TAKE ALL.
Witness a Statey masterclass this Saturday on Ross. Be there for the Blue Red Blue Army.

Attachments

• IMG_1995.jpeg
    IMG_1995.jpeg
    937.1 KB · Views: 96

Sofit

Herbert Moran (7)
State High vs Nudgee will be one for the ages, with over 5,000 estimated spectators. Honestly, I don’t know how Nudgee will hold up against State High’s size and individual talent, with the whole squad filled with star players like Suilepa, Picot and Langi. Nudgee certainly are the favourites but we’ve seen what happened last year with a much more underdeveloped State High team. Also heard that State High is bringing their fair share of support, Nudgee will certainly have their army there but this State High squad thrives being the underdog. Pressure makes diamonds lads. I’m already getting visions of Roman throwing around Charlie O’Connell like a dog with his chewtoy (if he can find him amongst the blades of grass). Hard to see how a prestigious millionaire squad like Nudgee can lose to a public school but I’ve got State High at Ross in one of the best GPS games of the century,

G.S.S

For me, this is the best post out of the 200 posts this Season. What an amazing rugby event is coming up this Saturday.