• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Ringer From the Top End

Allen Oxlade (6)
Can't wait for the team lists to come out
I know this game takes priority but their are some cracker of games this weekend. IGS v GT and TGS v BBC. Keen to see if Terrace can back up after almost beating State High last week and wether Toowoomba can continue their streak after O' Callaghan Cup. TSS should have quite a field day out at Northgate if I'm being honest but who knows maybe this will be the week Grammar get their first win.

Sole Smasher

Bob McCowan (2)
Battle of the 10s this weekend.

BSHS - Rugby league playing flyhalf Seamus Boakes known for his monstrosity shoe and darting out of the line hits
NC - Charlie O'Connell nifty bloke that guides his forward pack up the field

Who's got the edge?

Ringer From the Top End

Allen Oxlade (6)
Battle of the 10s this weekend.

BSHS - Rugby league playing flyhalf Seamus Boakes known for his monstrosity shoe and darting out of the line hits
NC - Charlie O'Connell nifty bloke that guides his forward pack up the field

Who's got the edge?
O connell loves the big ocassions
But I think their is better matchups than the flyhalves. Two Number 4's Eli Langi and Kasprowicz for Nudgee are two of the best forwards in the comp. Also the outside centres of Laquan and Prestyn, both attacking weapons for their teams will be relied on heavily to get over the ad line.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Charlie O'Connell great player, it was weird on the weekend the whole BBC crowd were screaming "sour straps" don't know what this meant but maybe him and his family love sucking down that sour?

50/23

Peter Burge (5)
Charlie O'Connell great player, it was weird on the weekend the whole BBC crowd were screaming "sour straps" don't know what this meant but maybe him and his family love sucking down that sour?
I heard apparently in year 8 Charlie made a soccer ball out of sour straps and took it to school only for it to be ripped apart and eaten by everyone.

backfencewarrior

Bob McCowan (2)
Little birdie told me the statey strong are going for gps record in student attendance this weekend
my son is at the school in grade 8 he hasn’t mentioned anything all week apart from how many people are going to be at Nudgee this week predictions of 10,000 im sure this will be the biggest game in Gps rugby history.

TheRugbyCyclist

Watty Friend (18)
I know i’m known on this forum for constantly mocking BGS, yet these boys do have the skills to beat TSS… Who knows I may even be rooting for them this Saturday.
Honestly I'm with you... I haven't been the kindest to BGS on the forum but with rumours that Barry 'twinkletoes' Smith is starting again and after a good dig against IGS from the Spring hill brethren I believe it could be possible.

Terrance brunkhaust

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi all
i just have something to raise to the forum and it's admin. The great @Guan Syun has been inactive for a number of weeks and was wondering whether he has been banned? I've been missing his insight within the forum as he seemed like he kept a close eye on the GPS firsts competition.
Regards
TB

Hi all
i just have something to raise to the forum and it's admin. The great @Guan Syun has been inactive for a number of weeks and was wondering whether he has been banned? I've been missing his insight within the forum as he seemed like he kept a close eye on the GPS firsts competition.
Regards
TB
Banned mate. Would've either make a silly comment or breached a rule of the forum. Either way, it's admins decision.

Get em onside

Sydney Middleton (9)
Don't think there is any service of alcohol during GPS games after the great brawl of 04. At tennesyon terrace vs Nudgee was one of the craziest thing I've seen in my life. 15V15 with about an extra 50 old boys from either school on the field. Those were the good old days. Now you can get a red for a standard shot,

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Banned mate. Would've either make a silly comment or breached a rule of the forum. Either way, it's admins decision.
Met the bloke at BBC and got his WhatsApp, told me he had a two weeker but I'm pretty sure he has been out for longer. Its ok to lay the law down but i think clear communication is important. Hes been watching though, and been feeding me good insight. Hope to see him back in here soon.

-Cheers DB