• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Donald Brick

Frank Nicholson (4)
Northgate has to be the deadest place in history. Grandstand is about 1km from the field
Agreed, The School Ruined the spirit when they stopped having games at the school. I can remember back in my youth going to watch the grammar boys up on spring hill. That place was electric it was an absolute cauldron, was loud and echoed, you were close to the action it was a real atmosphere! Surely the School gets their act together and gets a few or even one firsts game on at the school next year and maybe they might have a chance at winning a few games.

-Cheers, DB

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Rumours circulating around BBC's rugby program.
Howarth, O'neill and Koia are supposedly repeating grade 12 for another chance at a premiership, since they won't be beating Nudgee this weekend.
SO I ASK THE QUESTION: SHOULD REPEATING BE ALLOWED IN THE GPS RUGBY COMP?
seeing that most of these boys probably will hardly go to school and instead just rock up to footy training. Bit unfair for the current grade 11 boys who would be pushing for a spot in the 1stXV, who will have to play 2nds due to these boys selfishness.
I believe Koia and O'neil are repeating but I don't believe this is just for footy

Trotting Duck

Bob McCowan (2)
Agreed, The School Ruined the spirit when they stopped having games at the school. I can remember back in my youth going to watch the grammar boys up on spring hill. That place was electric it was an absolute cauldron, was loud and echoed, you were close to the action it was a real atmosphere! Surely the School gets their act together and gets a few or even one firsts game on at the school next year and maybe they might have a chance at winning a few games.

-Cheers, DB
Yes was a fantastic place to play even for away teams. you felt like you were in a cauldron. I remember getting knocked out on the cricket pitch in the middle...

rugbyfreak2289

Frank Row (1)
100% If Terrace turn up like they did for nudgee, state high could be in for a shock. Old Boys Day for State High but could GT spoil the party? Bit of hot weather may not favour the big Poly boys from state high as they will be thinking about the post game function food instead of tackling big bad Nasser. As long as Terrace have possession they're dangerous, things just haven't worked out for the poor blokes. Great games lined up for this weekend with O' Callaghan Cup on. I see this being a battle for the ages.
Bit stereotypical don’t you think mate?

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
My predictions for the round

BBC Vs GT - I’ve got BBC sending a absolute statement to the rest of the GPS this week by winning by 30+ after a bad display against BGS

BGS Vs BSHS - I feel BSHS are too dominant and will win this game by a hefty amount but BGS will try put up a fight like they always do

NC Vs TGS- I think Nudgee will win this game but I believe it will be tight, it feels like TGS is only finding there groove now in the season and I believe they will make NC work for this but won’t get it done

IGS Vs ACGS- For me worst game of the round I’m not very excited for this game but do believe ACGS will win if star boy Trevon Pritchard is back.
My tips pre Saturday, 3/4 not too bad will make up for it this week.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hey All,
As this forum reaches nearly 200 pages, which is completely astounding to me, congratulations to you all, I was thinking maybe I should host a party for all foruminists willing to attend. I would love to hear everybody's thoughts on this idea, and whether or not I should host anything. Once again, it is just an idea and would love some feedback.
Would love this anything to get me away from the wife, where would you think about hosting.

Ankle_tap_Albo

Peter Burge (5)
Hey All,
As this forum reaches nearly 200 pages, which is completely astounding to me, congratulations to you all, I was thinking maybe I should host a party for all foruminists willing to attend. I would love to hear everybody's thoughts on this idea, and whether or not I should host anything. Once again, it is just an idea and would love some feedback.
I think the celebration will be part of the Forum Hill at round 9 at Gallipoli.

ATA

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Would love this anything to get me away from the wife, where would you think about hosting.
laugh laugh laugh. Nothing better am I right. laugh laugh laugh. I was thinking something central, maybe like the Royal Hotel in Gatton, I know this may seem far for the Brisbane forumists, but it would be easiest for us countrymen who live out in rural Queensland. I would like to hear everyone's thoughts. I wouldn't be opposed from driving the 79er into Brisbane to meet you all though. Let me know