• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Is there any chance GT upset BSHS before there massive "grand final" against Nudgee in rnd 9
It would be a miracle, but if any team can do it, its my red and black boys. Rumour circulating that Captain Samuel Mcgahan may be returning this week from a fractured shoulder that he sustained in the lead up to TGS round. If he plays on a fractured shoulder against undefeated statey it would be the most ballsy move ive ever seen. Tackling Roman Suilepa with fresh shoulders is bad enough, let alone a broken bone. Kid can play thats for sure.
Cheers

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Looking ahead to 2025, NC will verse GT in round 9 on Ross oval. I have got an early prediction that this will also be a premiership game. Both programs will be very strong next year.
Cheers
Looks like someone has already given up on this year. Must be a GT supporter. laugh laugh laugh.
I wouldn't give up on those boys. They are tough. They have relentlessly defended week in, week out and have never given up. All credit goes to them as they haven't been favoured by ball possession this season, and they have truly held their own. Although teams have run through in the wider channels, no team has seemed to break through the middle of the pack. Holding it down is captain Ollie Nasser, with enforcers to his left and right. If they get some ball against BSHS, I reckon something special could come.

Looks like someone has already given up on this year. Must be a GT supporter. laugh laugh laugh.
I wouldn't give up on those boys. They are tough. They have relentlessly defended week in, week out and have never given up. All credit goes to them as they haven't been favoured by ball possession this season, and they have truly held their own. Although teams have run through in the wider channels, no team has seemed to break through the middle of the pack. Holding it down is captain Ollie Nasser, with enforcers to his left and right. If they get some ball against BSHS, I reckon something special could come.
100% If Terrace turn up like they did for nudgee, state high could be in for a shock. Old Boys Day for State High but could GT spoil the party? Bit of hot weather may not favour the big Poly boys from state high as they will be thinking about the post game function food instead of tackling big bad Nasser. As long as Terrace have possession they're dangerous, things just haven't worked out for the poor blokes. Great games lined up for this weekend with O' Callaghan Cup on. I see this being a battle for the ages.

The Bull

Frank Nicholson (4)
I will defend Terrace as a proud rugby school.I saw someone referenced their rugby program as a “joke “. Maybe not a strong year but certainly overall they probably win more games than they lose against most schools. Rugby culture is not built alone on winning the First XV or an A team or two. It’s participating and having a good number of teams and then feeling it in the stands cheering for your school.
Who won most games last Saturday against BBC?.
Hard to $ buy culture!

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Nationalities of GPS 1st XV Players.

F. Howarth (BBC) - New Zealander descendant.
T. Taka (BBC) - Fijian descendant.
K. Uys (TSS) - South African (BOKKE) descendant.
S. Kite (ACGS) - Tongan descendant.
C. Hollyman (GT) - Fijian/Irish descendant.
B. Smith (BGS) - Litchensutein/Australian/Indonesian
C. O’Conell (NC) - English (Guernsey)/Australian
J. Grenfel (NC) - Australian
J. Hill (BSHS) - New Zealand
H. Hart (NC) - United States of America

Last edited:

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
Looking ahead to 2025, NC will verse GT in round 9 on Ross oval. I have got an early prediction that this will also be a premiership game. Both programs will be very strong next year.
Cheers
Players to look out for in this game next year?

Personally I have:
GT - Nasser, Hales (Jack Russell), Clifford, Devine, Hollyman
NC - Twomey, Didona, Park, Turnbull, Poluleuligaga (THE TRUCK.)

(Based on form this year)

Last edited:

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
With O. Nasser (GT), leading the red and black army into battle for these last few rounds as captain, does any one know any other year 11 captains in the history of the Queensland Greater Public Schools comp… IMO should be changed to the Greater Private Schools. Pretty much costing me an arm and a leg to send my boys through TGS boarding house.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Haven't given up on my boys just yet. They can still finish the year with 4 wins and 4 losses, which for GT's recent standards would be a good year. I was more speaking on there chances at a premiership which are no longer possible

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Does anyone know if any boys out of AIC made it into the QLD U/15's? Also schools of the selected squad members assembled yesterday?
Not really sure @Trotting Duck, I would assume so as their always seems to be a few. As per the likes of Finn Mackay (St Lawrences) and Ethan Ramsay (St Peters) who were stand outs last year in the 2023 U16 Super Rugby competition.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
I will defend Terrace as a proud rugby school.I saw someone referenced their rugby program as a “joke “. Maybe not a strong year but certainly overall they probably win more games than they lose against most schools. Rugby culture is not built alone on winning the First XV or an A team or two. It’s participating and having a good number of teams and then feeling it in the stands cheering for your school.
Who won most games last Saturday against BBC?.
Hard to $ buy culture!
HAHAHAHHA. This is so true. Terrace focuses on the whole school as a program rather than spending all their money on scolarships. They would rather the boys have a good schooling experience