• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
I think BBC 1sts were down their 15-10-7-4 n 5 against Terrace from the opening game mate we all have injuries. Agreed your 2nds defended brilliantly n your speedsters got 2 tries I think both were from dropped BBC ball so well done but they just couldn’t hold on against a stronger forward pack in the last 15mins.

Nudgee College will be a tough task for BBC to win a single game against on Saturday, they’re a world class rugby school but win lose or draw BBC will take some sting out of Nudgee before they have to back up against state high. Roman has an influence as great as Jordan Petaia did when he led them to their last premiership in 2016 - that is going to be a cracking match as well.

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Hey Statsman.
Sorry to break it to all the BBC men on this forum, but NOT A CHANCE!!! BBC will be no match for the likes of the Polar Bear. Miskin oval is no fortress, and the walls will cum tumbling down come the 31st of August.
Sorry mate don’t agree here feel it’s going to be a close great game and BBC definitely will put up a fight and have a chance.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Also another sidenote, which surprised me,

Gregory Terrace has the second most Wallabies of any school in Australia, behind none other than Joey's in Sydney. And by far the most Wallabies in the GPS. What was funny to me is that BGS actually have the second most wallabies in the GPS, with 28. GT have 36. Very interesting. Just shows that GT's glory days were back in the 80's and 90's, and now it is NC's turn

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
Mate, BBC are not mentally there to take on the three headed monster of NC. I don't think we appreciate how consistent this college is in terms of winning. UNBELIEVABLE
Your sounding jilted, BBC have beaten Nudgee twice in last 5 years not including the trial game they also won earlier this year - it won’t be easy it’s possible.
The 46-14 win against Terrace on the weekend has me believing they’re on the improve - Terrace weren’t all bad just dominated by possession physicality and territory.

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nudgee has actually now produced 30 Wallabies as well as the 2nd most number of Australian School Boy reps after Joeys in Sydney (both over 100). 44 GPS Premierships also which isn’t a bad effort.

BBC though is looming and this will be a great match. Nudgee have to get out of the habit of the slow and loose start as well as ending its reliance of some 2nd half Conway brilliance to get them out of jail. They need to focus in the first Qtr of the match otherwise BBC will suffocate them which they have the ability to do. Wake up call Nudgee.

It’s been a cracking season so far and really great performances from Terrace, Ipswich, BBC and State High. Churchie also played extremely well v Nudgee but the referee in that game kept rewarding the team getting dominated. Nudgee is cactus if he adjudicates either the BBC or State High matches, particularly State High.

Pilfer Paul

Stan Wickham (3)
Anyone know the name of GT’s replacement Scrum Half (#21), kid is gutsy… I heard they call him 5 star, cause he always has excellent service.
hey there @The Blin6side,
He goes by the name William Dennis. He is a classy player who has representative accolades, as he was apart of the Polynesian U16 squad who versed the Australia U16 teams last December. He has been unlucky this season, as he is in the shadows of George Hales, the GT starting 9. As they are both in year 11, he may have to look elsewhere, positional wise, as GT look certain on Hales. Could definitely see him shift outwide to the wing, or even to the back row, as he is a tackling machine. His stint on the weekend was commendable, making a few linebrakes and speeding up GT's play as the final minutes came. I'm excited to see if he gets on these last two rounds, as I know he could do a job for GT that might help them string a few more wins together.

The Blin6side

Alfred Walker (16)
Nationalities of GPS 1st XV Players.

F. Howarth (BBC) - New Zealander descendant.
T. Taka (BBC) - Fijian descendant.
K. Uys (TSS) - South African (BOKKE) descendant.
S. Kite (ACGS) - Tongan descendant.
C. Hollyman (GT) - Fijian/Irish descendant.

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Agreed. As I said previously, I wouldn't be surprised if the GT coach had his head in a freezer that night. Dont think internationals live up to that name anymore.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
Your sounding jilted, BBC have beaten Nudgee twice in last 5 years not including the trial game they also won earlier this year - it won’t be easy it’s possible.
The 46-14 win against Terrace on the weekend has me believing they’re on the improve - Terrace weren’t all bad just dominated by possession physicality and territory.
Agree with the Terrace segment 100%

RuckTickler45

Frank Row (1)
Nudgee will not win next weekend. I repeat, Nudgee will not win next weekend against BBC if they play like they did today.

Saint Venerable Bede, Benedictine monk
Mate are you taking the absolute mick. Might have to change your name to the Earl of Gloucester cause its clear you've had your eyes ripped out and aren't watching the bloody games properly. For the first 15 minutes Nudgee piled on phase after phase after winning the ball off the kickoff and scored first. If Nudgee is the Roman Empire, Nick Conway is Julius Caesar reborn and ready to conquer the soon to be ruin that is Miskin.

WHACKO_JACKO.GT

Ted Fahey (11)
I was lucky enough to meet Lucas Clifford on the weekend, after watching the game. He approached me at the Old Boys Lunch gathering after the game where all the players mingle for lunch/arvo tea. We chatted about the game, and he was nothing short of a gentleman. Great manners, his parents mustve taught him well. The boy can sure eat hahahha. no wonder he is the best scrummaging prop in the GPS. He indulged in 4 donuts, 12 KFC chicken drumsticks, and a ice cold coke. Good on him for a great day out at Gaza. Hats off to BBC who had a great training run ahead of NC this week

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
I was lucky enough to meet Lucas Clifford on the weekend, after watching the game. He approached me at the Old Boys Lunch gathering after the game where all the players mingle for lunch/arvo tea. We chatted about the game, and he was nothing short of a gentleman. Great manners, his parents mustve taught him well. The boy can sure eat hahahha. no wonder he is the best scrummaging prop in the GPS. He indulged in 4 donuts, 12 KFC chicken drumsticks, and a ice cold coke. Good on him for a great day out at Gaza. Hats off to BBC who had a great training run ahead of NC this week
Mate you should've got his signature cause he's gonna be something special.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
Rumour is Lucas Clifford ate all the remaining GT Cheeseburgers. Good to know what I'm gonna feed my son this weekend to get him looking like that man, pure fuel.

I feel as though something was missing on Internationals without him, that man doesn't belong in the seconds.