• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS 2024

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)

Great Win for the BBC boys on Gaza today, good comeback game considering their poor effort against BGS, really showed that they are premiership contenders still.

Nudgee will not win next weekend. I repeat, Nudgee will not win next weekend against BBC if they play like they did today. Absolutely not a chance. The first 25 minutes for Nudgee wa catastrophe and they will not beat a team like BBC if they do this again. I couldn’t believe the lack of structure in all areas of their game. They were lucky it was TGS today and not BBC nor State high. Either of these invaders would have defeated the Roman Empire.

BBC will be red hot favourites to win next weekend on Ross and it only gets worse for Nudgee the week after against the State.

- “Rome will exist as long as the Coliseum does; when the Coliseum falls, so will Rome”.

Saint Venerable Bede, Benedictine monk

Lift your game Nudgee, the barbarians are at the gate.

bigmoneybrown

Allen Oxlade (6)
Nudgee will not win next weekend. I repeat, Nudgee will not win next weekend against BBC if they play like they did today. Absolutely not a chance. The first 25 minutes for Nudgee wa catastrophe and they will not beat a team like BBC if they do this again. I couldn’t believe the lack of structure in all areas of their game. They were lucky it was TGS today and not BBC nor State high. Either of these invaders would have defeated the Roman Empire.

BBC will be red hot favourites to win next weekend on Ross and it only gets worse for Nudgee the week after against the State.

- “Rome will exist as long as the Coliseum does; when the Coliseum falls, so will Rome”.

chills

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)

BBC played horribly like that last weekend too.

Forwards very good - leg drive, ball recycling, running return of ball etc very impressive.
Backs better today just need to simplify their game - when they run it and cut out the fancy stuff they dominate.

Terrace had very little possession and territory. They defended hard all day.

BBC won 2nds (remain undefeated so a GF next weekend v Nudgee) in a tight game but didn’t play consistently well at all. Think they won 16A also undefeated I think and won 15A.

The players BBC rolled on in second half were lower age groups and bloody impressive so they should have another good year in 2025.

Themaulmarauder

Stan Wickham (3)
BBC played horribly like that last weekend too.

Forwards very good - leg drive, ball recycling, running return of ball etc very impressive.
Backs better today just need to simplify their game - when they run it and cut out the fancy stuff they dominate.

Terrace had very little possession and territory. They defended hard all day.

BBC won 2nds (remain undefeated so a GF next weekend v Nudgee) in a tight game but didn’t play consistently well at all. Think they won 16A also undefeated I think and won 15A.

The players BBC rolled on in second half were lower age groups and bloody impressive so they should have another good year in 2025.
There are multiple BBC team who are still in the running for premiership

First XV- 1 loss (BSHS)
Second XV- Undefeated, next week vs Nudgee GF
U16A- Undefeated, tied one game with state high
U15A- 1 Loss (TSS, which I believe have lost 2 other games)

Oracle83

Bill McLean (32)
I can’t help but notice the absolute THUMPING given out by the 3rd 4th and 5th XVs for GT though, really makes you wonder why the hell the rest of the teams outside the firsts are so awful, is there a depth issue there or is it simply because the 1sts are full of blokes on full rides.
Thanks,
LCF
LOL How’d the Terrace full rides go? Still playing or given up now seasons imploded ?

absolute THUMPING ??
3rds GT 14-5 BBC nope just a win
4ths GT 26-0 BBC Thumping
5ths GT 40-12 BBC Thumping

1sts GT 14-46 BBC ABSOLUTE THUMPING

Sofit

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone have any updates on the TGS lad who was ambulanced off Ross in the firsts? I heard a neck injury but I hope this is not the case?

Matty Coogan

Bob McCowan (2)
LOL How’d the Terrace full rides go? Still playing or given up now seasons imploded ?

absolute THUMPING ??
3rds GT 14-5 BBC nope just a win
4ths GT 26-0 BBC Thumping
5ths GT 40-12 BBC Thumping

1sts GT 14-46 BBC ABSOLUTE THUMPING
I think you meant to say 'given up now THAT THE season HAS imploded' all goods.

Salutations,
Matthew

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)

Let BBC win next weekend on Ross. Nudgee will be at Miskin Field.

HarryHits

Stan Wickham (3)
There are multiple BBC team who are still in the running for premiership

First XV- 1 loss (BSHS)
Second XV- Undefeated, next week vs Nudgee GF
U16A- Undefeated, tied one game with state high
U15A- 1 Loss (TSS, which I believe have lost 2 other games)
U15A NC also haven’t lost a game

footybaby

Larry Dwyer (12)
Oh absolutely Matty, the GT 10 Nate ‘Mr President’ Preston was absolutely running circles around kids out there. Honestly could be considered abuse out there the amount of times I saw that kid break the line, breaking BBC hearts for the time he was out there. You just have to wonder if it’s even worth showing up at that point just to get absolutely torn to shreds by the president. It’s just poor to see those BBC boys letting it happen to them I almost had to stop the game and call the police it was an absolute mass murder out there. Honestly couldn’t agree with you more about that hooker bloke looked like he was still recovering from a big night out, he’s probably better suited off running waters out to blokes who actually want it.
Regards,
LCF
Does anyone actually care about the 4ths and 5ths though? We are here to talk about high quality footy and GT were destroyed today I know they have injuries but to have that on there Old Boys Day I think the boys might need a wake up call.

Breakdown bunny

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone actually care about the 4ths and 5ths though? We are here to talk about high quality footy and GT were destroyed today I know they have injuries but to have that on there Old Boys Day I think the boys might need a wake up call.
Agreed. As a TGSOB i can’t imagine how the GTOB would feel after watching that. Don’t know what the GT coach said at halftime, but i think the words went in one ear and came out the other. Wouldn't be suprised if the GT coach has his head in a freezer tonight.

Wayne Bennett 2ndMarriage

Ward Prentice (10)
Personally the 5ths and 4ths are a great watch to warm up for the firsts. Especially with dominant teams such as Nudgee where even theirs lower teams have skill unmatched by other schools.

But seriously why watch that when you can watch the Pitbull off leash.